Who’s more thug, Marty Byrd or Walter White?

Byrd or White

• Byrd

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • White

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters
But in his rookie season Walt had like 3-4 bodies. He was ROY off that

Sophmore year son made the all-star team.

Now I'm not saying Marty can't end up seeing greatness in the lane of Walt but all of season 1 showed me he's more in the lane of Saul Goodman at best.

Son aint raise a finger in violence once all season. Not in a fight, not when his life was in danger, not when his fam's life was in danger, not when he was robbed, etc.

I'm watching s2 and the lawyer lady straight up says you're not a killer, you're a businessman.

With Breaking Bad there was a sort of symmetry and poetry to Walt's character and outline. Expectations if you will. Strong predictions about where things would go 2 seasons in. He rose to the top through ruthless violence and a superior product and then died.

With Ozark, I feel like for one Marty is never getting out, neither is his fam. I feel he's either gonna raise in the ranks of the cartel and meet the boss or end up taking over the whole Snell operation along with the town. I can see him doing that withou killing anybody. He talks, that's what he does. That's how he wriggles out of danger when other ppl aren't killing for him convienently or not.

If Marty ever does kill it probably won't have a damn thing to do with business. Probably gonna be mad personal and unrelated.

Now don't quote me on that cuz I ain't finished s2 but I can see his daughter and son (mostly the son) putting in more work while Wendy works her corrupt waya in politics until the point they run the town.

Marty gonna basically be The Accountant minus the mental issue and badass fighting/killing skills.

I can live with this

Can’t really compare the two just yet. Gotta see how far Ozark goes.

I like Marty more than Walter. Also I can’t see Marty being as ****ed up as Walter when it’s all said and done . Marty is a the better prick though

They should scrap anymore seasons and just do a spinoff with Jonah and Zeke once he's grown up. Them two and Ruth gonna have the Ozarks tweaking
Low-key I been thinking the same getting through the s2. Especially now that they got rid of Charlotte.

Zeke gonna be a Snell though.

Can’t really compare the two just yet. Gotta see how far Ozark goes.

I like Marty more than Walter. Also I can’t see Marty being as ****ed up as Walter when it’s all said and done . Marty is a the better prick though
That's the key differences in character.

Walt was a repressed individual discovering his scumbaggery when he was made aware of his cancer.

Marty is a miserable corrupt prick just trying to live life by any means. The things he's said life view wise when you think about it is disturbing. He might be depressed but he has no morals so the **** he gets in to gets him out of a funk.

Walt kept lying to himself that it was for his family cuz he had cancer and he had a # in mind for when he would stop. Marty keeps making escape plans that never fall through, telling himself he's almost there. I feel like if he ever succeeds wherever he goes he's gonna be the same morally questionable dude.

Walt singlehandedly brought down a damn cartel.

E47020AB-2392-452C-8BBB-3C85E021D922.gif

Idk if you guys finished Ozark yet, but yeah Marty has a long way to go. Walter is on another level. Plus there are way more badass characters in Ozark other than Marty.

After finishing s2, Marty would have to have had killed Sugarwood, Darlene, Petty, Cade, the sheriff, threaten Wilkes life, and actually ransom Mason's baby just to be in the conversation.

Back
Top Bottom