Who Actually uses RETRO J's to play ball in?

Originally Posted by frankthekingdtx

I use my stell grey Xs,they are one of the few js that dont slow me down.

No problems with squeaking? I don't even wear mine anymore due to the noise they make.

i balled in my true blue 3s for the first time the other night. they went well. i didnt notice anything bad while playing so i was impressed.

Originally Posted by realtalkjohnny

i do ..esp the old love 1s

You are a brave brave man. I tried to ball in my Old Love I's and they feel like 4 pieces of cardboard glued together. I even put a nice insole in them to see if it would help, but nope... I stopped using Retro J's for a while now. Nike Basketball and Signature J's for me. The XX3's and the 2010s perform very well. More-so than any retro I've seen put out lately.

If anyone ever questions the quality of Retros, have them ball in them. It really shows the flaws. They just aren't made to ball anymore. "Ain't nothing left to say though. I guess we forgot what we came fo'" 
eyes.gif

I ball in Retro V, Retro VIII and as soon as I catch a second pair of VI I will ball in those too. The V's are the most comfy right now, especially with flat feet. I agree with Scottie that a bigger rotation will have its pros and cons but its great because you will never get bored. Also with the outlets getting GREAT balling shoes at affordable prices I can wear the retros casually and destroy the regular releases for outlet prices.
SO yeah I play with retros
roll.gif

I don't know why anyone would ball in retros and not newer b-ball shoes with new and better technology. My retros are for every day use not to ball.

I've played in all my J's except for the ones I've bought most recently because I don't play ball anymore and they're not beat up to the point that I would consider using them for ball

I ball in my Playoff 8's.. Theyve been worn hundreds of times yet they still hold up super well & look pretty damn good (even though they might as well be considered beaters)

Use my Retro XII's -- and only those. Sometimes I'll play in the XIX's, which I like a lot also.

the last retro jordans i actually wore to hoop in were the military 4s.
i played a good 20-30 game season in them and they had minimal cracking which was surprising.
that was 3-4 years ago, now i just wear nikes to hoop in.
so to answer your question, i useD to hoop in jordans.

I balled in some 2001 Bred 1's....big mistake! My feet were killing me for 2 days after that. I should've known better, but...

I hoop in none of my Jordans or any other Retro. I rather for them to stay clean and scuff free. I just buy a pair of Nikes, non-retro, that I hoop indoors with and retire the old Nikes to outdoor courts.

Back
Top Bottom