Who are these damn people who keep calling me about my car warranty being expired?

I've gotten that second notice about 374393 times now and apparently my 3rd and final notice was only a bluff.

Anyone else get this?

naw i didnt get this...

but maybe its a new scam?

I got a scam two weeks ago...got a check in the mail for $4.5k...said i had to deposit it into my account, and then deposit it into their account, andthey'd send me the rest of my $500,000 winning. Called the dude up and he was some english bastard.

i keep getting calls about paying for a car but i dont have one
ohwell.gif

I used to get this about my truck... it was really weird because they called a phone line I had that I NEVER gave out, except to the body shop I went to...I'm not sure if it's some sort of body shop scam to get you in there or what. I asked them how they got this number because I don't give it out toany one ever, and they hung up.

Don't give them any info. I have received the same calls and its been reported on alot of car forums. I'm pretty sure its a telemarketing scam becausethey are saying your arranty is about to expire and its the second notice, but I know mine is good for five years.....If its not the actual dealership callingyou, don't bother with it.

Angel

ohh man i seriously thought it was real but i never picked up and they would leave me voicemails.....the reason i thought it was real was because when i gotinto a car accident and my car was "totalled" like a month later i started getting those calls about my warranty being expired and that was like ayear ago and about every month i get the call...its crazy

dat happend to me
so i gave them fake information since i aint got a car
nd in da end before i hanged up i told them i didnt have a car
nd he was like !+%

How is everyone getting this? Explanations from anyone?

Seems very strange.

Originally Posted by blue23jordan

dat happend to me
so i gave them fake information since i aint got a car
nd in da end before i hanged up i told them i didnt have a car
nd he was like !+%

I'm definitely doing this next time they call. Every time it's the same ol tall tale..

"This is your second notice..the factory warrenty on your veichle is .....blahblahblha
grin.gif

haha i get this like 2x a day from diff #s.
my warranty expired like 3 years ago lady!
didnt realize it was a scam tho

I've been getting this every once in a while. Once left the room just to pick up the phone
smh.gif
. Every time it's "this is your second notice"blah blah ??$$#.

Yo! I get these calls once a week too! I thought that maybe they were calling the last owner of the phone line. My phone is a Metro PCS and they recycle thenumbers, so you always get people calling you thinking the person they're trying to reach still has the same number.

I have even gotten letters in the mail, when I googled the address other people realize that the return address doesn't even exist!

highly illegal but its been going on for about 2 years.
I keep getting calls from a 6 digit # on my sidekick.....

Back
Top Bottom