Who Cuts Their Own Hair?

Putting In Work.niketalk, Oster is the best set of clippers you can buy, they are extremely durable (a lot of professional barbers use them) not to mentionthey get your hair a lot tighter than a crappy set of clippers (most likely due to the motor). They are expensive but worth it if your serious about cuttingyour own hair.

I do. just buzz the whole thing.......

Funny Story:
the first time i cut my own was at the beginning of summer, literally maybe 3 or 4 strokes in the things stopped clipping my hair
laugh.gif

so i had to run over to walmart in a beanie in the 100 degree weather of summer to buy a new pair
laugh.gif

I do, I'm in the beginning stages of learning to Today I was cutting my hair and going with the grain but somehow, there was a patch that was lower thanthe rest, and no matter how many timesI went over the rest of my hair it wouldn't get even. Finally just went to the barber shop and dude told me all I hadto do was go against the grain. (D'Oh)
So he fixed it for me BUT he pushed one side of my line up waaaaay back
mad.gif

And for those who have used these, which of these two clippers would you say would give you the crisper line??

A:
chipped corner FTL
tired.gif

or

B:

^hmm i dont recognize A so id say B. i know a lot of people that use those, me included.

and i cant give myself a damn taper
mad.gif
frown.gif
i can do everthing btu that
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BG BabyGlock26

i kinda wanna start, especially when i leave the country for extend periods. im kinda thinking i could get a cut and just maintain in for awhile with some clippers, seems like it would be easy since i don't gets fades and !@#$...just a 2 and a clean shape up

can anybody recommend me some clippers for what i just described? i already got the andis t outliners
somebody help me out
smokin.gif

Just find a pair of clipper Wahl perhaps, (since I've heard they are the best)
That have guards with them. Attach the guard and just clip away. It might take some
experimentation to find the proper length that you want.

nah.

I still can line my goatee/beard/mustache/sideburns up
But I'll pass, I'm too grown for that now

I feel like 30 bucks and a professional cut every 10-14 days is well worth it

aight let's see some results. anybody can cut hair, so i want to see how good you guys are
laugh.gif
. post some pics

I've tried about every major barber tool and outliners out there. Don't get fooled and think that just because the average barber uses a AndisT-Outliner (pictured above as B). That black one pictured above (A) is a Andis Styliner and the pros of this machine is it's power because you can cutclean lines and bald fade a head pretty easily with it. A major con is for self cuts, it's a really bulky machine and is heavier. The T-Outliner is a bitlighter, but needs to be well adjusted because they suck !@* from right out of the box. Personally, the best outliner and the one in which I'm using rightnow is the Wahl Detailer or the Sterling Definitions. Both are the same clippers, and Sterling is a brand owned by Wahl. I think the definitions may even be ahigher quality clipper. Fact is, it's way more compact and cuts sharp. Don't you think you could cut a sharper lineup on urself if the machinewasn't heavy in you're hand and easier to manouvre. It's not like the Andis weighs like a brick, but compared to these Wahl ones, it does. None ofmy clients complain about lineups.

2zzlv8l.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

24bkiad.jpg

30w581u.jpg

28ktv6t.jpg

2mw5lzo.jpg

I used to remember that "Flow Bee" or something like that.......those infomercial got my uncle to buy one of those.....I guess it didn't work forhim since the last time i saw him, he was using the flowbee to his dog......lolz

But i haven't really seen somebody who cuts his own hair.....but i've heard of them tho.......it must be very difficult to cut your own hair...

I used to cut my hair when I was in the Marines..... I had a low fade with a 1.5 all around and a mean hairline... I started making cash when I got nice withit.... everybody in the barracks used to holla at me when they aint have cheese for a 10 - 15 cut.... I was charging 5 , but if we was cool I'd take a fewbeers out the fridge and call it even, lol

I have been cutting my hair for about a year and a half now and I agree that the Wahl Detailer is better than the T-Outliner for self cuts I have the burgundylooking one smooth cuts looks good and keeps me crispy everyday.

I get a size 1/2 and just go through my hair like im mowin the lawn. gets kinda tough to get the back and the back of my neck though.

I have been doing it for about 6 months now and its one of the best decisions I've made. It's definitely a money saver. I have a Styliner II that myold barber was cool enough to set for me so it's nothing to get that close bald cut that I like. I used to have to look in the mirror all the time, but nowI can just go off of sound and feel. I just keep my mustache, so all I have to do is just cut. I'm working on styling the 'stache though...

I do have a question-how often do you guys have to lube the clips¿ I end up having to do it every 2-3 cuts. Is that normal¿

^Oiling 2-3 cuts is what I do, and my clippers are working flawlessly.

BlackChiney06, I'm looking for a new pair of clippers. Whats your opinion on the ANDIS Fade Master clippers? I'm using a Wahls clipper right now, and I need something sharper/better for fading.

Back
Top Bottom