Who designs for under armour ?

I'm a die hard nike head but I can't help notice UA's forward sneaker designs and their gaining popularity in performance wear.

Just curious if we know any names of their top designers, possibly former nike designers??

Under Armour, Baltimore's own :pimp:

When I was playing HS football, a kid on our team's dad worked for them so they actually tested some of their first football cleat prototypes with our team and had us give feedback. We used to get a bunch of free/discounted gear too.

Looks like Nike designed this one:

under-armour-launches-the-anatomix-spawn-1.jpg

What happened to NT member ALPHAPROJECT... If I recall correctly... didnt he get a job designing for Adidas or something ?

Nike designers did in fact move to UA

Not sure if it was the head of their running division, been awhile since I read the article that comes to mind

as far as reviews etc...are concerned a lot of their products have been rated up to par or even better then their nike counterparts.
I can't comment on their footwear, but their workout gear is top quality. They hold up extremely well after multiple washes for a couple of years for me. I'd say quality is on par with Nike, which is something I can't say for other brands.

UA quality blows compared to Nike IMO

I got a couple things for xmas and they are already coming apart or stretching out
I was recently looking at a runners magazine and some other magazine and in particular I think it was runners world...and most of the top rated shoes were ua, brooks, asics, and new balance.... matter fact the only highly rated/regarded shoes nike had were the flyknit lunar + and the lunarglide 5..... the rest were rated either ok (the frees and the airmax series) or subpar....

Also the same can be said as far as nike especially the retro line of shoes.... I see ppl constantly comparing/contrasting shoes and complaining about rips, paint chipping, glue/stitching coming loose....BEFORE even wearing the shoes lol..... But I guess ppl overlook that and ignore it so long as it has a swoosh, a jumpman etc...on it.

I was recently looking at a runners magazine and some other magazine and in particular I think it was runners world...and most of the top rated shoes were ua, brooks, asics, and new balance.... matter fact the only highly rated/regarded shoes nike had were the flyknit lunar + and the lunarglide 5..... the rest were rated either ok (the frees and the airmax series) or subpar....

Also the same can be said as far as nike especially the retro line of shoes.... I see ppl constantly comparing/contrasting shoes and complaining about rips, paint chipping, glue/stitching coming loose....BEFORE even wearing the shoes lol..... But I guess ppl overlook that and ignore it so long as it has a swoosh, a jumpman etc...on it.
This is why running specific stores don't usually carry Nike shoes. I've been using Brooks, Asics, and NBs for years now. They are ugly as sin, but work well. I have heard so many good things about the Nike Free so I bought a pair and was really disappointed in them. I recently bought the Fly Knit Lunar 1, and those are nice. Shoes feel stable at fast speeds, 10 + MPH, but retail at $160 is quite higher than the other brands.

Retro Nikes are more or less casual stuff now, not designed to perform anymore unfortunately.

This is why running specific stores don't usually carry Nike shoes. I've been using Brooks, Asics, and NBs for years now. They are ugly as sin, but work well. I have heard so many good things about the Nike Free so I bought a pair and was really disappointed in them. I recently bought the Fly Knit Lunar 1, and those are nice. Shoes feel stable at fast speeds, 10 + MPH, but retail at $160 is quite higher than the other brands.

Retro Nikes are more or less casual stuff now, not designed to perform anymore unfortunately.
exactly even if you disregard the retro lines...nike in most part sell/produce subpar/mediocre products...Its brand, popularity, namesakes, and overally social acceptance and approval is what keeps it afloat and is the driving force.

Ppl will say such and such nike bball/trainer/running shoe is great solely because it has a swoosh, the appeal of social status, and being subconsciously ingrained that it is the superior product. When in all actuality it is not. Don't get me wrong they do make some excellent products... Cosign on the Fly Knit Lunar.... even the trainer...but to only be able to name a handful of shoes out of literally the hundred(s) of models they release year in and year out definitely speaks on how it is marketing along the aforementioned reasons why they are highly regarded.

exactly even if you disregard the retro lines...nike in most part sell/produce subpar/mediocre products...Its brand, popularity, namesakes, and overally social acceptance and approval is what keeps it afloat and is the driving force.

Ppl will say such and such nike bball/trainer/running shoe is great solely because it has a swoosh, the appeal of social status, and being subconsciously ingrained that it is the superior product. When in all actuality it is not. Don't get me wrong they do make some excellent products... Cosign on the Fly Knit Lunar.... even the trainer...but to only be able to name a handful of shoes out of literally the hundred(s) of models they release year in and year out definitely speaks on how it is marketing along the aforementioned reasons why they are highly regarded.
Yes. When it comes to Nike, it's all about marketing. This is why all of their Nike locations have a run night of some sort weekly now. They try to get the community involved and most likely buy their running shoes and clothes.

This stuff can get expensive QUICKLY. If you buy a pair of sneakers, get some shirts, shorts to match, and maybe a jacket as well..you're looking at $300-400. A lot of the guys out there are really into it and even buy the matching socks and such.

Brands like NB, Asic, etc. are more focused on performance. Their colorways don't even make sense :lol: It'll be something like gray/red/black and all of a sudden royal blue comes out of nowhere.

I was never a fan of Nike shoes for running dating back to high school when I got some Air Maxes with nearly 360 degree air bubble to run with and they were horrible.

Air max 360s are the worst for running. Things have no flexibility whatsoever. My track coaches in HS only allowed us to to wear Asics or Brooks for everyday training

And Nike quality is trash. What's with this horrible looking "leather" ? Payless quality shoes :lol:

Last edited:

you just compared running shoes to retro lines people wear for fashion purposes

no one is rocking Brooks out for a night on the town :lol:

you just compared running shoes to retro lines people wear for fashion purposes

no one is rocking Brooks out for a night on the town
laugh.gif
To be honest I don't rock either for a night on the town... I mean I get why one you would...the wow factor...the look at me I have the latest, oldest shoes. But even still many things made solely fashion purposes are made of quality. I could see if the retros etc...where actually that... And they were of poor quality due to their actual age. But to make a 10-15-20 year old shoe...With the quality of its been sitting being worn for 10-15-20 years is inexcusable. Buying some remakes of 10 y/o shoes, whose quality out the gate is of a shoe that has been around/worn 10 years isn't justifiable simply because it has a retro moniker attached to it.  

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom