Who Else Misses Buying CDs?

Who else misses actually holding a CD case? Tearing off the plastic wrapping, looking through the booklet, the smell of a new CD... Struggling to pop it outof the case for the first time without scratching it... Putting it in your CD player be it a home stereo, walkman, or car system, and sitting back andlistening to each track for the first time.

Sigh...

^ The novelty's gone. It's a lot more convenient/encouraged by technology these days to just buy it off iTunes. But it's not the same. I wasreferring more to 'the good ol' days' I guess.

Plus my car stereo's broken and I don't own a walkman anymore.

I miss the full effect of listening to an entire album.
For example, I'm usually jumping from track to track on Itunes, instead of w/ CDs I was playing the entire album from 1 artist.
I definitely don't miss the plastic wrap, case & finding a place to put the CD. I do miss reading the credits for each song.

Sooner than expected hopefully all song downloads will include song lyrics & album downloads will include the booklet.

most cds dont deserve to be bought, thats why i download, listen if its trash it gets deleted if its good it gets deleted, the quality of music is not like itused to be, the best "album"of 2007 will probably be mood muzik 3 and that not even a "album" its a mixtape
smh.gif

I always buy cd's...so I still go through the routine...
BestBuy, get in my car unwrap it, pop it in, and go.

Eff an iTunes. I just stopped coping cassettes in 2000
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
frown.gif
I had supreme clientele on tape. Dudes are right though. The album as a concept will be gone. The technology caters to instant gratification & themusic will follow suit. Artists don't even make b-side type low gems anymore. The type of joints that are the glue to an album & ultimately become yourfavorite joints on the album.
Anyway.......... Commence with the jokes for me coping tapes in the new millennium.

Originally Posted by iLLscan

Eff an iTunes. I just stopped coping cassettes in 2000
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
frown.gif
I had supreme clientele on tape. Dudes are right though. The album as a concept will be gone. The technology caters to instant gratification & the music will follow suit. Artists don't even make b-side type low gems anymore. The type of joints that are the glue to an album & ultimately become your favorite joints on the album.
Anyway.......... Commence with the jokes for me coping tapes in the new millennium.

word I knew you what you mean. My nas I am had a Nature song and Poppa was a playa

I miss buying quality cd's...but yeh i love tearing off the plastic and inhaling the smell of a freshly made cd and reading the booklet.

i never bought a cd before but i did have cd's at home i would just pick up and listen to. you can find new cd's on amazon for like $10. i was lookingat The Cool.

I still and always will buy cd's.Just got 3 cds today.

Wu tang clan
beanie sigel
hi tek

I am sure you will not believe me but I have never downloaded a song.

i still buy cds from stores but not as much as i get albums off itunes and mixtapes from mixtapepass...i still listen to the whole album all the way thru eventho i downloaded it

i still by new albums from artists that i liked in the past or albums that i know will be solid... sometimes i just go into the record store and search forstuff i slept on back in the day

$9.99 aint hurtin my pockets

I still havent bought a copy of "Getback"
smh.gif
. Dont know how the hell to go about supportin Joe for MM3. Unlike my dude that never downloaded a song,I never bought an album..ever. Only thing I paid for was DJ Lennox - Live Big mixtape because it was taking too long to leak. Of course I leaked it myself whenI got it.
smh.gif

I do plan on supporting a very select few artists though. Them Soundscans are finally startin to get to me.

I still buy cd's, my entire collection is burnt in AIFF format.....Itunes/MP3's won't do.....audiophiles represent.

Back
Top Bottom