Who has been Homeless?

Originally Posted by Fox5Kobe

Originally Posted by G14

op...how old are you?

I'm 27
yeah, might want to get into overgear these few years asap in whatever you doing to make it

"have nightmare of being 30 & Broke" - french montana

thought you was younger...cant waste time like that bro...start young dont wanna be that old person always "woulda coulda shoulda"

don't even got to be homeless to feel like that ..get motivation & find a passion

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

lived in the my car and eventually the park, for about 1 year. did crime to support a nasty ice habit and slept on a towel that i stole from the YMCA. eventually checked into rehab and now i'm one of the main admins at that rehab. now i'm paying mortgage on a nice little place. own my car. have a decent bank account. have some decent investments. have a great gf who is currently preggo with my kid. about to buy a ring. i am so damn blessed at having the experience of living at both ends of the spectrum. because of the hard times, i cherish everything that comes my way - no matter how small - its all big to me. i generally live my life in a perpetual state of gratitude. tough it out and some day you'll look back and understand.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

my pops immigrated to England from Hong Kong when he was 18 for school. He would be in school from 9-5, then worked 6-2 am in the back of a kitchen. He was homeless for a month when he lost that job, but continued to go to school......

now he is a doctor
smile.gif
I still remember the first time he told me that story when I was 18 and he was trying to give me a kick in the butt with hard work and perseverance, had both of us in tears
frown.gif

Originally Posted by G14

Originally Posted by Fox5Kobe

Originally Posted by G14

op...how old are you?

I'm 27
yeah, might want to get into overgear these few years asap in whatever you doing to make it

"have nightmare of being 30 & Broke" - french montana

thought you was younger...cant waste time like that bro...start young dont wanna be that old person always "woulda coulda shoulda"

don't even got to be homeless to feel like that ..get motivation & find a passion

my school loan was in default and i had no idea. I paid it off yesterday and have 8 months left until they will drop the default. I will go back to school and finish. I never made it to my junior year. the only thing i care about is my music. People listen and give me crazy feedback saying i deserve to be famous... but something just isn't right.

Originally Posted by MrBrown

You had a corporate job? Or just jobs at a corporation... Like retail?

I hope your not one of those peeps that wants to make it on top in one step. Many times I hear dudes complain cause they wont get that 50k job and will overlook many small opportunities.

You gotta take steps... Take anything you can get. If your hungry then get fed. Just dont be too picky

it seems you also have a raping thing going.... Again dont be one of those dudes that stays raping but is blind to the reality of the situation....sometimes the flow aint good...sometimes the flow is good but not good enough.

Just keep it real

no, im sorry. i had a job at a corporation. my girlfriend and i broke up and ever since then my life has been pure hell. i began to owe money on a lot of bills. i had no phone, no clothes, no nothing. i had to start directly from scratch. long story. im back in Albany, NY where i went to College and i plan on going back.. but i have to wait 8 months.

Originally Posted by niCke1z

i had to live in a out of my car when i was 20 for atleast a year or so 
tired.gif
.. but now im 22 and im doing okay for myself. Im not rich by any means but i cant complain because when your on your own its a hard struggle. i just kept  level headed and didnt let it break me. i always thought of "if you think you got it bad, someone has it worst." Those were my words of motivation to keep me going. Call me a bad person or whatever but i dated girls that had a place so i could crash until i could get back on my feet. i did everything and anything i could to survive.
ohwell.gif
 watch SPREAD by ashton kutcher it was like the story of my life. 
grin.gif

lived in the my car and eventually the park, for about 1 year. did crime to support a nasty ice habit and slept on a towel that i stole from the YMCA. eventually checked into rehab and now i'm one of the main admins at that rehab. now i'm paying mortgage on a nice little place. own my car. have a decent bank account. have some decent investments. have a great gf who is currently preggo with my kid. about to buy a ring. i am so damn blessed at having the experience of living at both ends of the spectrum. because of the hard times, i cherish everything that comes my way - no matter how small - its all big to me. i generally live my life in a perpetual state of gratitude. tough it out and some day you'll look back and understand.
Originally Posted by FullTech

When I was kicked out from my mom's house when 17, I didn't know how to get my mind straight. There were days that I didn't get to eat any food, hanging out with druggies at the time wasn't helping my situation. I stopped taking drugs and worked every minium wage job there is, I hated working but it worth getting a hot meal and shelter over my head. I'm currently going to school for engineering and business management, if you strive for success as much you want to breathe, success will come to you.
Props to all 3 of you, and anyone else who has lifted themselves up like this.
Originally Posted by trak1sh

Fortunately have never had it that bad. Big ups to the NTers that have gotten out of that situation.

Yup. Threads like these remind me of how good I have it. I acknowledge it every day, but when you hear stuff like this, it just really hits you.

I hope things work out for you OP. 

Originally Posted by Antidope

Originally Posted by niCke1z

i had to live in a out of my car when i was 20 for atleast a year or so 
tired.gif
.. but now im 22 and im doing okay for myself. Im not rich by any means but i cant complain because when your on your own its a hard struggle. i just kept  level headed and didnt let it break me. i always thought of "if you think you got it bad, someone has it worst." Those were my words of motivation to keep me going. Call me a bad person or whatever but i dated girls that had a place so i could crash until i could get back on my feet. i did everything and anything i could to survive.
ohwell.gif
 watch SPREAD by ashton kutcher it was like the story of my life. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by FullTech

When I was kicked out from my mom's house when 17, I didn't know how to get my mind straight. There were days that I didn't get to eat any food, hanging out with druggies at the time wasn't helping my situation. I stopped taking drugs and worked every minium wage job there is, I hated working but it worth getting a hot meal and shelter over my head. I'm currently going to school for engineering and business management, if you strive for success as much you want to breathe, success will come to you.
Props to all 3 of you, and anyone else who has lifted themselves up like this.
Originally Posted by trak1sh

Fortunately have never had it that bad. Big ups to the NTers that have gotten out of that situation.

Yup. Threads like these remind me of how good I have it. I acknowledge it every day, but when you hear stuff like this, it just really hits you.

I hope things work out for you OP. 

I will never give up. I've gotta string of bad luck, when i was doing extremely good. I got a tattoo that says "Lucky" a month later my life feel apart. I'ma get it finished and covered up later in the future.

This is beautiful man. Respect

Back
Top Bottom