Who has had a real, authentic Philly Cheesesteak before?

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

Pat's and Geno's are both hype.

Quoted for %%#$+%! truth.

There's spots on South St. with colder cheesesteaks IMO

My-T.
Yup, Jim's on the corner of 4th and South, and Ishkabibble's a few stores away across the street are my two "known" favorites.The difference between these stores is that they chop their meat up pretty fine, rather than just throwing slabs of meat on the roll like they do at Pat'sand Geno's. You can find better cheesesteaks at random corner stores or restaurants though. My personal favorite is from John's Roast Pork, a littleshack just past Front and Snyder (across from Ihop). It's kind of like a hybrid between Jim's/Ishkabibbles and Pat's/Geno's. Unfortunately,they don't have Whiz there, which is a MUST when gettin a cheesesteak, contrary to what others have said in this post.

BTW, I'm a born and raised South Philidelphian, so I kinda know what I'm talkin about. Cheesesteaks ftw.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Never had Pat's or Geno's but Ive had Jim's is pretty good

Best I've had was Ishkabible
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Forget the cheesesteaks..

I used to live across the street from Shanks and Evelyn's in South Philly...roast beef was legit!

I heard they closed up though...sad news indeed.

Originally Posted by jpap348

Originally Posted by eaalto

In Southern California we have a chain called Philly's Best, which I've heard Philly natives say is the best they've had anywhere outside of Philly.

I haven't been there in 2 years, but they are amazing. So I would say it's a real, authentic cheese steak. The company is devoted to making them.

http://www.eatphillysbest.com/

pimp.gif
Jay Leno is always at the Burbank location. His whips are
eek.gif
pimp.gif

The best cheesteak spot in philly has to be Steves steaks. and jims is a close second. Steves steaks or Jims > pats or genos

Pat's, Geno's, and pretty much anything on South Street is for tourists...

...you want the real? Ride up Broad and Eerie and hit up Max's - when I went to Temple we used to go up there drunk as hell all the time.

But to be honest, you can get a dope %** steak from any corner store in Philly - they're cheap as hell too - just be sure the bread is fresh and ask forprovolone cheese...

...and any spot that puts cheese whiz on your @@$* is a %@#!%%' joke.

Theres a spot by my school just that i always chose subway over it (new buffalo chicken FTW
pimp.gif
) but its definitely on my to do list

Back
Top Bottom