Who has it Tougher...vol: Serious Discussion...

NOW BEFORE YOU READ THIS, I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT THIS IS NOT A BLACK vs. WHITE DISCUSSION/POST. THIS POST IS NOT ABOUTRACIAL DIFFERENCES...because Lord knows we have had enough of that in a few post today...

As a man (and a fairly handsome one if i may add
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif
), I've realized that I will alwayshave to be on top of my Game to be even considered by the opposite sex. Now Game in this context refers to my finances, my overall presentation--physically andmentaly--, and ultimately--just how good of a prospect I am. Now thinking about this got me kinda�
eyes.gif
then�
indifferent.gif
then�
mad.gif
then�
tired.gif
because i feel like a MAN has to do somuch in todays culture,society to prove himself and find a "mate" (i say mate because that's what it really boils down to). My female associatesaid women had to do the same thing but i personally feel that is a load of bull.

It seems to me like women have it really easy (relative to men). This may sound harsh, and my female friend gave mesome flack about it, but all y'all have to do is...give a good initial presentation. REALLY. Now I'm an ecology and evolutionary biology major atschool so i can def. back what i am saying with scientific examples...but for the sake of introductory argument length, i will save that forlater...sooooooooooooo basically...

Who has it easier in today's society, a MAN or a WOMAN... (Ladies of NTLK are definitely more than welcome togive and add perspective).

Here's Mr.Rocks perspective on the issue...(has some strong language so please pardon me)...what are yours:

I won't say too much, but put it like this.

You cannot compare Men, and Women without race involved.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Its a comparison of sexes, how does race factor into--sure if you want to be specific about the differences withing various groups then it would beimportant...but i am talking about in general--who has it easier, men or women...

Originally Posted by krazy88s

14aihzq.jpg

smh.gif
at you probably startin' something
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at the pic...

but really, how so...I asked for a serious discussion. And i made it clear what this post should and does pertain too
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Its a comparison of sexes, how does race factor into--sure if you want to be specific about the differences withing various groups then it would be important...but i am talking about in general--who has it easier, men or women...

It is impossibe to generalize, because of the differences between minority women and white women, minority men, white men ect........

Over-all Men have it easier.

Men run corporations, but if you look at colleges they are becoming more and more populated by women.(Due to merit)

Women are looked at negatively for things that men themselves do. Now although I am conservative myself, where there are double standards, there is usuallydiscrimination close by.

I can name SEVERAL professions were women are under-represented.
The question you posed was quite general, but I'll stick to the professional field. Where Women are paid far less for the same work.

In my Opinion
African American Men and Women both have it worse than the white men and women
Black Men have it Worse in a way because of the way the public sees us, as they are blinded by the false sterotypes of the media, so the public sees us how themedia portrays us
Same thing with Black women..the media portrays them negatively, so the public treats us negatively
I was watching Black in America as well, the episode when the young Black man from Queensbridge was trying to get a job..He went in for an interview i believeand they didnt hire him, but then a WHITE MAN went in for an interview, and he was hired. cant remember it too clearly but it was somethin of that nature
Black Women also have it bad too, but in the end, we both have it bad, and white men are getting mad at us because we always bag their women, and black womenare mad because we bag white women. Now us Black men are getting mad at our women because white men are baggin em, but how can we be mad when we're baggingwhite girls? IMO i like white girls and Black girls. But the media makes it seem that as soon as a brotha gets some money, he goes and bags a white girl..whichi think is false because a brotha can be dead poor and still bag a fly *********

Im just saying, you probably know how NT is/gets when it comes to sex or race related issues. People get banned, suspended and computers hacked n such.

Looking at it statistically, women outnumber men all over the world, including America.

So they really have to compete for men.

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Its a comparison of sexes, how does race factor into--sure if you want to be specific about the differences withing various groups then it would be important...but i am talking about in general--who has it easier, men or women...

It is impossibe to generalize, because of the differences between minority women and white women, minority men, white men ect........

Over-all Men have it easier.

Men run corporations, but if you look at colleges they are becoming more and more populated by women.

Women are looked at negatively for things that men themselves do. Now although I am conservative myself, where there are double standards, there is usually discrimination close by.

I can name SEVERAL professions were women are under-represented.
The question you posed was quite general, but I'll stick to the professional field. Where Women are paid far less for the same work.
1. See you clearly came to that general conclusion after minorty this and that, and that's all i am asking for--for replies to be general.However, elucidate on why you feel that way. Sure within the various groups there may be differences, but ULTIMATELY, who has it easier...

2. Really, you think men have it easier...i have no qualms with your stance but your very argument to me shows that men have it harder. I feel as though a dudehas to do great things in this world like being a CEO or running a company to be even considered by a woman from that particular "discoursecommunity".

the way i look at it, we can never know because we can never walk in the other genders shoes. let's stop worrying about who has what easier and just live.

Back
Top Bottom