Who has it Tougher...vol: Serious Discussion...

1. See you clearly came to that general conclusion after minorty this and that, and that's all i am asking for--for replies to be general. However, elucidate on why you feel that way. Sure within the various groups there may be differences, but ULTIMATELY, who has it easier...

2. Really, you think men have it easier...i have no qualms with your stance but your very argument to me shows that men have it harder. I feel as though a dude has to do great things in this world like being a CEO or running a company to be even considered by a woman from that particular "discourse community".

I did state who ultimately has it easier.

I see you point, as well as Chris Rock's point.

A new breed of women has emerged, a not so good one at that IMO.

However, this is nothing new, Men have been wanted by women for security reasons since the beginning of our race.

In todays world money=Security

You are telling me that the sex that is inferior financially, and physically has it easier?.. Please explain

Men need to stand out to attract the top mates, this is basic, and Flawed in todays society, however, this has nothing to do with which sex has it easier.

It is hard to look at the facts and explain how women have it easier. What about my argument shows men have it harder?

Originally Posted by 916JORDANboy

Originally Posted by FlyNY

Men have it harder..no pun intended
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

the way i look at it, we can never know because we can never walk in the other genders shoes. let's stop worrying about who has what easier and just live.
cosign, finally a female on this board who actually has some sense

we can never walk in the other genders shoes.
These guys can
SM_RuPaul_01.jpg

7195.jpg

i retract my previous statement- women have it harder because men are ******ed and never take anything seriously .
laugh.gif
jk

everybody has their own hardships. why do we have to make life more difficult by arguing whose hardships outweighs whose? what are we going to get?

Originally Posted by Black Milk

the way i look at it, we can never know because we can never walk in the other genders shoes. let's stop worrying about who has what easier and just live.

Yeah understanding people who are different from you is so overrated
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by kix4kix

indifferent.gif
Those stonefaces hurt me, why did you have to post that?
tired.gif

indifferent.gif

there is a difference between understanding and arguing, my friend.

Men have it harder, particularly Black men.

Consequences of irresponsible actions are swifter and stricter on men. Child support, alimony,etc for example. If a man signs a birth certificate and the kidis shown that it aint his, he's still legally obligated to take care of the kid. Gangster move by the legal system.

Most definitely--we can never walk in the other genders shoes but as a cute girl on her way to being a beautiful woman (no beast--just observantfrom past PYP's), you can't act like you don't mess wit guys that are "on-point". Sure we can stop worrying and just live but that'seasier said than done, FOR YOU. Like I said, I've seen your pics and you're an attractive girl so regardless of what you decide to do in life, therewill always be a guy who wants to holla at you...and you and I both know i am not lying. (NT is proof enough)

Now for the guy doing the holla'n, as previously stated--he must be "on point". Once again, I don't know you but I bet my double major thatthat is a fact. If I'm wrong, feel free to call me out.

And that's my point. Because everything comes down to sex and mating (and this is where the evolutionary science factors in) a guy who wants to be with agirl like you would need to work hard at being "on point"-- and in our society, on point would pertain to having a car, money, crib---and other sortof things. I'm not saying that, that is what you (in particular) are about, however, you can't act like the guy lacking these things would have thesame chance, with you, as the guy possessing these very same things.

indifferent.gif

So individuals are supposed to gradually understand?

So many issues on this board have changed my perspective due to "good arguments" - Argue does not mean negative.

This is a major issue to me, in fact one of the most important. We have a presidential race where all these issues are colliding.

To say you aren't them you can't understand, although is in a sense true, doesn't have to be.

I understand different perspectives because women have told me the things they go through. I don't know how to create understanding, but the answer is notsilence my friend.

we can never walk in the other genders shoes.
These guys can
SM_RuPaul_01.jpg

7195.jpg

i retract my previous statement- women have it harder because men are ******ed and never take anything seriously .
laugh.gif
jk

everybody has their own hardships. why do we have to make life more difficult by arguing whose hardships outweighs whose? what are we going to get?
Comon, we all have inclinations to find and investigated those fundamental processes that define our world. I'm just curious because honestly,i want to learn. That's the main point of this post--to learn. You can't learn by just letting things be. You pick and prod at things to find out howthey work. That's all i am doing. Picking and prodding at the dynamics of Gender differences as i see it--i just want you perspective so i can have betterinformation...
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

-women have it easier because ever tho we get paid more they get to marry us which means alot of our wages go to them anyway.
-also part of getting paid more is more responsibility which equals more stress which equals shorter life expectancy
-the legal system is also in their favor because they generally get less time for crimes, they usually get custody, alimony, child support, etc.
-affirmative action favors women more.
-they also live longer and i read somewhere that they suffer less from diseases than men do.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Men have it harder, particularly Black men.

Consequences of irresponsible actions are swifter and stricter on men. Child support, alimony,etc for example. If a man signs a birth certificate and the kid is shown that it aint his, he's still legally obligated to take care of the kid. Gangster move by the legal system.
No D-ride, but you're are one of the people i was waiting to hear from--
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm gonna have to say when it comes to the relationship aspect that the OP was talking about men have it harder. We have to accomplish so much to beconsidered "worthy" in SOME womens' eyes. Meanwhile the women who want a man with such high economic standards can't even match up. Idon't get that at all.

indifferent.gif

So individuals are supposed to gradually understand?

So many issues on this board have changed my perspective due to "good arguments" - Argue does not mean negative.

This is a major issue to me, in fact one of the most important. We have a presidential race where all these issues are colliding.

To say you aren't them you can't understand, although is in a sense true, doesn't have to be.

I understand different perspectives because women have told me the things they go through. I don't know how to create understanding, but the answer is not silence my friend.

understanding is having the ability to see things clearly, for what they are and not what they present themselves to be.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
my friend i don't think you understood what i initially meant, i can be vague, sorry. i never said that we could never understandthe next persons hardships, i merely stated that we can never come to the conclusion as to who has things "easier". believe me i agree with you 100%on what you're saying. knowledge is power and understanding is enlightening.

1. See you clearly came to that general conclusion after minorty this and that, and that's all i am asking for--for replies to be general. However, elucidate on why you feel that way. Sure within the various groups there may be differences, but ULTIMATELY, who has it easier...

2. Really, you think men have it easier...i have no qualms with your stance but your very argument to me shows that men have it harder. I feel as though a dude has to do great things in this world like being a CEO or running a company to be even considered by a woman from that particular "discourse community".

I did state who ultimately has it easier.

I see you point, as well as Chris Rock's point.

A new breed of women has emerged, a not so good one at that IMO.

However, this is nothing new, Men have been wanted by women for security reasons since the beginning of our race.

In todays world money=Security

You are telling me that the sex that is inferior financially, and physically has it easier?.. Please explain

Men need to stand out to attract the top mates, this is basic, and Flawed in todays society, however, this has nothing to do with which sex has it easier.

It is hard to look at the facts and explain how women have it easier. What about my argument shows men have it harder?
Not bypassing anything in your post, i read everything--just want to elaborate on the red...

I agree with you that in today's society money=security...now consider this, traditionally which gender has beenresponsible for being the "bread-winner" and more importantly, what happens when the gender in consideration fails to live up to theexpectations.

Second, there can never be too much "security", consequently, a man always has to make sure he is the positionto bring in more "security" thus making it that much harder for him in the context of today's culture/society.

Now as for the inferior/dominant point you made, i won't even get into that because such labels, as prescribed tothe genders, is trouble waiting to happen--and i want no part of it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But actually, it has everything to do with why women have it easier. At the evolutionary core of all of this is thesimple need for women to have security. As, the weaker of the two genders (Flame suit...even though it's the truth), females yearn for comfort andsecurity. They've all been taught, biologically and socially, to only settle with the male that can provide this comfort and security.

Consequently the man that can provide the most comfort and the most security will get the woman. That's pretty muchwhat it boils down to. Now as you pointed, in today's society, security=money. I'll expand on this notion by saying that (security + comfort) requiresa man to +++ money, in today's society. So a man needs to go above and beyond if he wants to keep his woman and make her happy--now you can factor in allthe personality bull but i'm pretty sure that all goes to the back of the "must-have" list the minute you cant provide that security andcomfort.

smh.gif

But yes, I agree with Jess.

Back
Top Bottom