Who here does extra work in movies or production asisstant work new york/LA?

i were wondering what would be the way to go about getting extra work in movies or television shows, i hear they up to $200 per day... i googled it and it led me to a bunch of websites that charged a fee to become a member of the site to unlock info on shoots coming up. I were wondering if there was anyway around this. Is there a special website out there that enlists different shoots in the city that you can participate in or even P.A. Work... these things work best wit connections...but mayb my fellow NT'ers may have some knowledge on this topic...

i were wondering what would be the way to go about getting extra work in movies or television shows, i hear they up to $200 per day... i googled it and it led me to a bunch of websites that charged a fee to become a member of the site to unlock info on shoots coming up. I were wondering if there was anyway around this. Is there a special website out there that enlists different shoots in the city that you can participate in or even P.A. Work... these things work best wit connections...but mayb my fellow NT'ers may have some knowledge on this topic...

Contact www.beaubonneaucasting.comwww.sfcasting.com, or any casting agency, and tell them you're available for extra work.
[font=Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]If you're what they're looking for, they'll add you to a database used by multiple agencies and from there, you'll be contacted whenever there's a need for extras with your specific physical traits in your area. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]To give you a feel for what it's like, here's an email detailing the last offer I received. Competition isn't exactly stiff, they're generally looking for as many people as possible who fit the description they're looking for. They send this out to hundreds of people and hope as many people as possible show up. [/font]

Beau Bonneau Casting in San Francisco is currently working on a George Lucas Film "Red Tails" starring Cuba Gooding Jr. and Terrance Howard.  This is a story about the Tuskegee Airmen, the first African American Combat Squadron in WWII in the 1940's.

Seeking Non-union African American males for [color= rgb(34, 34, 34)]extra[/color] work to portray pilots and ground crew.
Age Range: 18-35.  Height requirement: 5'7"- 6'1".  Waist requirement: 31-34. Must be fit and in shape. Also must have hair on head. Because bald heads were not the trend in the 1940's, we are not looking for bald heads.    

IMPORTANT:  Everyone is required to go to a wardrobe fitting in San Rafael, prior to the shoot and all men will be receiving military haircuts at the fitting.  You will receive an additional $10 for the haircut and one quarter check for the fitting.  

Shoot location will be in Sonoma. You must have your own transportation.  

Regarding shoot date: Wed. March 24.   Must be avail early morning to late evening, without conflicts.

[color= rgb(34, 34, 34)]Movie[/color] shoots may last 10-12 hours or more.  We never know the start time or exact location until the day/evening before.  Saying you're available means without interruption, from Very Early Morning to Late-Night.  If selected, the non-union film [color= rgb(34, 34, 34)]extra[/color] rate is California minimum wage: $64.00 for up to
8 hours and overtime applies after 8 hours.  This rate is set by production, not Beau Bonneau Casting.

* For proof of citizenship, all extras must have either a current passport or 2 pieces of id: a valid photo ID or drivers license with either a social security card or original birth certificate to bring to set, or you cannot be employed by production.

If you are interested and completely available please submit asap to 
  [email protected]  
Please include First and Last name and Red Tails in subject line
1. 2 telephone contact numbers
2. Height, weight, Jacket size, shirt size: neck/sleeve, Pant size: waist/inseam, Shoe size
3. 2 current photos: One close up and full standing view.  (no professional photos, simple digital
    photos please. 

Beau Bonneau Casting 
www.beaubonneaucasting.com

P.S.  If you would like to be removed from the Casting Networks e-mail list:  go towww.sfcasting.com and login with your username and password.  Choose edit profile from your main menu.  Scroll down and delete your email address. Click Submit at the top of the page to save your changes.  If you need help, email [email protected] for tech support purposes only.  

The pay isn't great, if the scene is taking forever to shoot and you end up getting a ton of overtime you'll get cashed out but you can't really depend on that. Its generally not worth it unless the location they're filming at is near by. 

Contact www.beaubonneaucasting.comwww.sfcasting.com, or any casting agency, and tell them you're available for extra work.
[font=Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]If you're what they're looking for, they'll add you to a database used by multiple agencies and from there, you'll be contacted whenever there's a need for extras with your specific physical traits in your area. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]To give you a feel for what it's like, here's an email detailing the last offer I received. Competition isn't exactly stiff, they're generally looking for as many people as possible who fit the description they're looking for. They send this out to hundreds of people and hope as many people as possible show up. [/font]

Beau Bonneau Casting in San Francisco is currently working on a George Lucas Film "Red Tails" starring Cuba Gooding Jr. and Terrance Howard.  This is a story about the Tuskegee Airmen, the first African American Combat Squadron in WWII in the 1940's.

Seeking Non-union African American males for [color= rgb(34, 34, 34)]extra[/color] work to portray pilots and ground crew.
Age Range: 18-35.  Height requirement: 5'7"- 6'1".  Waist requirement: 31-34. Must be fit and in shape. Also must have hair on head. Because bald heads were not the trend in the 1940's, we are not looking for bald heads.    

IMPORTANT:  Everyone is required to go to a wardrobe fitting in San Rafael, prior to the shoot and all men will be receiving military haircuts at the fitting.  You will receive an additional $10 for the haircut and one quarter check for the fitting.  

Shoot location will be in Sonoma. You must have your own transportation.  

Regarding shoot date: Wed. March 24.   Must be avail early morning to late evening, without conflicts.

[color= rgb(34, 34, 34)]Movie[/color] shoots may last 10-12 hours or more.  We never know the start time or exact location until the day/evening before.  Saying you're available means without interruption, from Very Early Morning to Late-Night.  If selected, the non-union film [color= rgb(34, 34, 34)]extra[/color] rate is California minimum wage: $64.00 for up to
8 hours and overtime applies after 8 hours.  This rate is set by production, not Beau Bonneau Casting.

* For proof of citizenship, all extras must have either a current passport or 2 pieces of id: a valid photo ID or drivers license with either a social security card or original birth certificate to bring to set, or you cannot be employed by production.

If you are interested and completely available please submit asap to 
  [email protected]  
Please include First and Last name and Red Tails in subject line
1. 2 telephone contact numbers
2. Height, weight, Jacket size, shirt size: neck/sleeve, Pant size: waist/inseam, Shoe size
3. 2 current photos: One close up and full standing view.  (no professional photos, simple digital
    photos please. 

Beau Bonneau Casting 
www.beaubonneaucasting.com

P.S.  If you would like to be removed from the Casting Networks e-mail list:  go towww.sfcasting.com and login with your username and password.  Choose edit profile from your main menu.  Scroll down and delete your email address. Click Submit at the top of the page to save your changes.  If you need help, email [email protected] for tech support purposes only.  

The pay isn't great, if the scene is taking forever to shoot and you end up getting a ton of overtime you'll get cashed out but you can't really depend on that. Its generally not worth it unless the location they're filming at is near by. 

Back
Top Bottom