Who Here Has A "Good" Job With No College Degree VOL. 40K+

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

Don't know whether to bookmark for leads/motivation or to erase from my memory due to saltiness 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 my dude, i feel ya lol

I have an interview for Waste Management to drive their front end loaders. Any advice from my NT brahs to knock this interview out of the ballpark? I have been wanting to join them for a minute now. Thanks.

Originally Posted by bence23

subs.. my degree has done jack #$@# for me.
This. Working a super stressful job in a juvenile offender lock up for FEMALES. Only make $13/hr. and work Thursday, Friday, Saturday nights and Sunday, Monday mornings. Have a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice by the way. Thinking of ditching this whole field and going for my MBA. My life the past year has been miserable, mentally and emotionally. 13 dollars an hour with bachelor's. Terrible.

I'm 27 in college with a government job that pays well over 50k. I can actually advance to make 120k without a degree if I choose to.

I did however start at the lowest of the totem pole as a Student Assistant under my good friends auntie. I worked for her for 5 years and when she was ready to retire she hooked me up so nice with a IT administrator job.

Like previous people stated it's sometimes who you know.

Originally Posted by GeNeRaTiOnZ

I'm 27 in college with a government job that pays well over 50k. I can actually advance to make 120k without a degree if I choose to.

I did however start at the lowest of the totem pole as a Student Assistant under my good friends auntie. I worked for her for 5 years and when she was ready to retire she hooked me up so nice with a IT administrator job.

Like previous people stated it's sometimes  always who you know.

FIXED

I'm here to stand by the fact that it's all about who you know, I've never filled out a job app. in my life nor stepped foot in college.

1st job-Paperboy-handed down from my brother
2nd job-Factory Job-Brother in law owns it
Current job-work for a construction supply company my father in law owns

Making 55k @ 24, no college debt...feelsgoodman

Originally Posted by I WON

I'm here to stand by the fact that it's all about who you know, I've never filled out a job app. in my life nor stepped foot in college.

Strong SN to post content ratio 
grin.gif

Jelly.

Originally Posted by Truballa101

Originally Posted by I WON

Strong SN to post content ratio 
grin.gif

Jelly.

No offense, he's doing good, but def not "WINNING".

If any of you all are still looking, I have a job with an insurance company that's pretty easy bread :smokin . Let me know ASAP

Last edited:
My cousin just got hired as a community officer. It's a government/city job. Basically all he does is drive around in a patrol car. He get assigned to a designated community area. What he does is check parking meter, give direction to civilians, etc. Easy work most of the time. He get pay $21 an hour. 32-40 hours a week. Easy 40K a year. The hardest requirement is you have to pass the 90 minute written test and you have to be 100% clean, no criminal record.

Hop on this insurance joint if you're still looking...

Farmer and State Farm are recruiting. Only catch is you have to be somewhat dedicated because they required you to sell at least 2 life policies and 15-20 car or home policies within the first 3 months. After that it's all up to you.

After wasting my life at a small staffing firm with no college education, I just snagged a position at one of the worlds largest investment firms making just under 40k.

I plan on going in there and bustin my butt and moving up the ladder here; this is the opportunity I've been looking for my entire adult life.

Don't know what to do in life afetr hs checking in

Anyone know this feel or been in my shoes before? How did you guys figure it out

Please respond

Anyone know this feel or been in my shoes before? How did you guys figure it out
Please respond

Im currently on this boat right now. I feel like college isnt for me.

Please respond

U'd b surprised how many people still haven't figured this out ..even people with jobs and "lives"

I don't wish i did, going to start applying this week. Should be in school too, only have about a year left :smh:

Back
Top Bottom