Who Here Has A "Good" Job With No College Degree VOL. 40K+

Son is begging for e cred HARD or trolling.

Posting pics like we don't believe him. Smh...

He's begging for someone to do the minimum amount of research i.e googling, find out who he is and where he worked and Polorico him

I lucked out and got into ford motor company about a year or so after I graduated via my family connection. Both my uncles and dad been there for 30+ years each. I'm a human robot(assembly line). Been laid off a few times but I recently(last week) just got the call to come back.

Me and 2 friends share a house.

Last year I made 43k and some change.

No certificates. But I'm thinking about learning a trade.

Originally Posted by three6mafia

I lucked out and got into ford motor company about a year or so after I graduated via my family connection. Both my uncles and dad been there for 30+ years each. I'm a human robot(assembly line). Been laid off a few times but I recently(last week) just got the call to come back.

Me and 2 friends share a house.

Last year I made 43k and some change.

No certificates. But I'm thinking about learning a trade.
You should definitely go for it. The upside of having worked on the field is that if you ever decide to go the theoretical route (say from technician to engineer), your practical background will give you a better appreciation for the stuff you're studying.

Originally Posted by Retro707

I went to the JC and it just wasn't for me, not to mention I was doing everything on my own.  I decided to take a job opportunity and moved forward with that.  Went from retail to banking to the wine industry.  I started off on the very bottom at a winery when I turned 21.  I worked my way up to Manager in 2yrs.  I'am going on my 5th year this august and been manager for 3 of those yrs.  Pay has definitely increased. 

1-2 yrs - 35k when I started

3-5yrs 55k+

During my retail job I escalated to Manager within 1yr.  When I was a banker I got promoted twice.  I learned a lot about myself when handling different scenarios in different types of companies.  I hated the retail hours, and I hated the very quiet, linear environment of a bank.  A winery is a great balance of everything I like to do.  I love meeting people (we get people from all over the world), I enjoy sales and I like the freedom of being able to spend as much time as necessary wherever I want anytime with anyone.  I can do a 2hr long private tasting, or host a 1hr long bachelorette party and ACTUALLY have fun.  It sucked working up the ladder, but now it's worth it.
pimp.gif
  # ImDaBAws

iam 25yrs old and Living in Napa Ca.

-UNDFT-
Mind hooking a brotha up?
happy.gif
(with a wine tour/tasting...not work, cuz %!@% that noise...)

ANy of you guys UPS or Fedex drivers ? How much do they make? And how hard is it to become one like do you have to work your way up from a box handler? seniority or can you just get lucky and apply and get hired?

if anyone here is one id like to hear about it? hours and pay?

Another railroader here. I am an engineer/conductor for CN Rail.

Money to be made, up to $125k in a GREAT year IF your seniority can hold the good jobs, but home life does takes a toll.

PM me if you think you are interested in a job on the railroad. I can give you lots of info for the transportation department ... you would hire on as a conductor and work your way to engineer (driver). There are many other departments as well.

poker dealer. i made 55k last year. super flexable i can pretty much go home almost anytime. it was better about 3 years ago before we had to report tips. was easily taken home 45k cash no taxes. not certified straight outta highschool. probably on a busy night work 2 hours then 30 min break then 1.5-2 hours 3 min break. slow days 30m-1h then 30 min break for 8 hours or less if u wanted to go home. breaks are paid .

got a job interview with a semiconductor firm in their finance department ... any recommendations on what I can do to prepare.

Originally Posted by cs02132

ANy of you guys UPS or Fedex drivers ? How much do they make? And how hard is it to become one like do you have to work your way up from a box handler? seniority or can you just get lucky and apply and get hired?

if anyone here is one id like to hear about it? hours and pay?

My cousin is, he told me nowadays you gtta work your way up sometimes u get lucky and get hired as a driver like him. He's been there for about 8+ years makes 80k+ , Im looking into aswell not bad. I know you don't start at the top but you work your way there though.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Just look up Williston ND and the surrounding areas....there are LOTS of good paying jobs out there. Now it's definitely not easy work but you will get paid.

My little bro was out there for 3 months and saved up close to 15k after taxes. Mind you this was starting pay working the pipelines out there. He's on vacation right now debating if he should go back since he has another job offer. Doesn't know if he wants to work 10-14hr days 6-7 days a week again
laugh.gif

If my current job doesn't work out in the next few months best believe I'll be out there for a few years to save up as much as I can to start my own business.

After I graduated HS I made decent money designing websites and graphics. That only lasted for about a year and a half so I decided to join the Air Force. I did a 6 year enlistment as a computer networking tech. After I separated I found an IT contracting job in AZ working for the Army that paid about $50K. I did that for two years then took a IT contracting position in Iraq that paid well over 200K (92k tax free). Stayed in Iraq making bank for 3 years until that dried up. Relocated to Europe... still doing IT contracting making about 100K (still 92k is tax free). Job security is getting worse as an IT contractor but I'm happy to have had a succesful career thus far with no college.

I'm the only one in my family that went the military route instead of college and I'm the one who has earned the most so far. My siblings all have degrees and struggle to find work and make ends meet. That said, I realize things can change at any moment. Whenever I'm looking for a job I'm always worried nothing will come through since I don't have a degree. I rely heavily on my 12+ years of job experience... I have a good resume since I've worked for major companies.

I do want to go back to school and finish a degree, but whenever I start taking classes I just hate having to memorize a bunch of information I feel is completely useless. I like learning exactly what I need to know to do what I need to do. I don't need all that "filler" information and I definitely don't want to pay for it.

Originally Posted by voodoo

After I graduated HS I made decent money designing websites and graphics. That only lasted for about a year and a half so I decided to join the Air Force. I did a 6 year enlistment as a computer networking tech. After I separated I found an IT contracting job in AZ working for the Army that paid about $50K. I did that for two years then took a IT contracting position in Iraq that paid well over 200K (92k tax free). Stayed in Iraq making bank for 3 years until that dried up. Relocated to Europe... still doing IT contracting making about 100K (still 92k is tax free). Job security is getting worse as an IT contractor but I'm happy to have had a succesful career thus far with no college.

I'm the only one in my family that went the military route instead of college and I'm the one who has earned the most so far. My siblings all have degrees and struggle to find work and make ends meet. That said, I realize things can change at any moment. Whenever I'm looking for a job I'm always worried nothing will come through since I don't have a degree. I rely heavily on my 12+ years of job experience... I have a good resume since I've worked for major companies.

I do want to go back to school and finish a degree, but whenever I start taking classes I just hate having to memorize a bunch of information I feel is completely useless. I like learning exactly what I need to know to do what I need to do. I don't need all that "filler" information and I definitely don't want to pay for it.

That's cool. I'm in the process of enlisting in the Air Force for IT. Any suggestions/tips?

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

That's cool. I'm in the process of enlisting in the Air Force for IT. Any suggestions/tips?

Most of the IT AFSC's have been merged so I don't know exactly how the IT jobs in the AF are structured now.  The merging of career fields could be a good thing because when I was in as a network technician that is all I was really allowed to work on.  But if the merge allows you to get experience with routers and switching along with servers, satelittes, and long range circuits that will be beneficial.  I'm assuming you're in contact with a a recruiter, do you have a guaranteed IT job?  If not, don't just enlist in "open general" because you'll likely end up on the flightline or as security forces.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Most of the IT AFSC's have been merged so I don't know exactly how the IT jobs in the AF are structured now.  The merging of career fields could be a good thing because when I was in as a network technician that is all I was really allowed to work on.  But if the merge allows you to get experience with routers and switching along with servers, satelittes, and long range circuits that will be beneficial.  I'm assuming you're in contact with a a recruiter, do you have a guaranteed IT job?  If not, don't just enlist in "open general" because you'll likely end up on the flightline or as security forces.

Hmm.. That makes sense. I am in contact with a recruiter, and I havnt enlisted or selected a job yet, but I'm planning on going in for networking. I'm THIS close to getting my CCNA. You have a good point about the merge though. I'm hoping to get as much experience as possible.

I'm in school right now for Finance. I have no idea where imma find a job when I graduate. Anyone in that field?

I made 75k doing sales for verizon wireless for 3 straight years. Pay started to decline and I got burned out by corporate BS.

Decided to move on from sales and got a job as a loan officer making 50k. I have my degree in marketing but both these jobs dont require a degree.

Originally Posted by sladewilson

2 years ago working desktop support , same kind of job no clocking in or out salary job  , ordering DELL laptops shipping them to my house and selling on side , things like this you have to take advantage of 
pimp.gif

Just be careful/smarter man. I don't want you to lose your job over something stupid. I am pretty sure you post on NT from work too so you are literally asking for someone to catch you. Be safe man. Please.

LAST YEAR I MADE THAT "DIFFERENT" TAX BRACKET WITH MY DAY JOB...

REFFING IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY...NEVER SEEN SO MUCH EASY MONEY IN MY LIFE!

i make 80k+ and im a 22 year old high school dropout.
its door to door sales so definitely not for the light of heart but im making that money one year in..
we operate all over the place too so hit me up if your trying to get in on this but again its door to door sales not for !%%!%$# with no heart

I'm 31 and make anywhere from $40-$45K a year with bonus, but I'm headed back to school in the fall for Computer Networking which is where my heart is.  Love and appreciative of my current job, but the fact that they are not keen on raises means it's time for me to look for greener pastures.

this convo always comes up but people gotta realize its all relative -

if you really wanna talk this talk then you have to take certain factors into account

- type of work? yall in here comparing manual labor to sales commission to office work etc -
- hours? you can say i make 100k a year but then say you work 80 hours a week 
laugh.gif
  or you make 60k and sit with your feet up for 35hrs a week - who is better off? money wise obv the person doing nothing but some people cant sit around and do nothing or they like to do crazy hours etc...

I know plumbers and electricians that make 6 figure. People working for Verizon making 6 figures obviously been there for years and is in management position. Like kingtre said it's all relative and takes time to reach that position.

You can be successful at anything if enjoy it and have a passion for it.

Back
Top Bottom