Who here leases their vehicle?? vol: prices paid?

I'm looking to lease a 2008 Lexus IS250 or a 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5

I've been doing a lot of research, and it looks like I can hop into the Lex. for about $2500 down, and payments of around $400 a month (insurance is whati'm really worried about).

Who here leases their car? What kind of car? Payments? Terms, etc.
Also what are you paying for insurance?

All info and advice appreciated.

My friend leases his 328i with $3k down and around $450 monthly. It's a bit more expensive than my IS250 so $400 seems reasonable for a monthly lease.
The monthly payment on leasing the IS250 is probably the same, if not less, on the monthly payment if you purchase the Altima 2.5 (I'm assuming sedan,either way it should be about $20-$30, give or take, extra a month for a coupe).

I leased my car, and I dont know why people always say leases are crap.

I put 1K down, $250/month for 3.5 years, and 1K at the end to buy it out. And they sent me my tags free of charge for the 4* years I had it!

The only bad thing about the company I went through - They dont report good credit. SMH. I found that out after about 1.5 years into the lease when a loancompany said "Are you sure that car is in your name"?

That was in 2003, and it was a 2001 Impala. Been paid off.

It had 30K when I leased it. I paid 12.5 total, and it booked for 15K if I remember correctly..

Before I turned 25, my insurance was like $110/month. Once I hit 25, it went down to $77/month.

A lease agreement will require you to have full coverage, so if you are young, and looking to buy a Lexus, you insurance will be high.

(I crunched a deer 8 months ago)

Since high school, all #s are $0 down, and all cars were/are pretty much loaded:

2002 Grand Prix GTP: $250? / month
2003 Denali: $500 / month
2005 Envoy: $300 / month
2007 Denali: $600 / month

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

tip
negotiate the total price of the car and THEN inform them you're going to lease.

Why's that Dirty?

b/c you fall into the trap of how much you're paying per month instead of how much you're actually paying for the car.

and just in case you decide to purchase after your lease...your buyback amount is based on the original price of the car

Originally Posted by JayADiCt92

the more $$ you put down, the less the monthly payments are?

Not exactly..it's not like buying a car where you pay the full price. Leasing a normal car (nothing crazy expensive), you only put $1-3k down,sometimes 0, and pay the monthly payments. At the end of the agreed term, you can either choose to return the car or buy out the car and keep it. The monthlypayments will depend on residual and money factor.

Im leaasing my car. I drive a bmw. I lease for 2 years. I LOVE IT. I like switching cars. SOme say its dumb to lease because I could have bought acar with allthe money Ive spent. WHOCARES. I get my service done for free. The only thing I pay for is any damage I make to the car and tires. THATS IT.

Originally Posted by djaward

Im leaasing my car. I drive a bmw. I lease for 2 years. I LOVE IT. I like switching cars. SOme say its dumb to lease because I could have bought acar with all the money Ive spent. WHOCARES. I get my service done for free. The only thing I pay for is any damage I make to the car and tires. THATS IT.

Yeah, with leasing..the dealership makes profit twice. First time leasing it out, and the 2nd time selling it as a low mile pre owned car after it'sreturned.

"I could have bought a car with all the money I've spent. Who Cares"......that attitude is exactly what they're looking for. Leasingappeals to two primary groups...

1. Teenagers who want to be in a car they can't afford to buy. Example: A new M5 lease at a local BMW dealership....$5,000 down, $1,000 a month for36 months.

2. Well off folks who can and don't mind making monthly payments for the rest of their lives so they can be in the latest car.

The only cars I would ever consider leasing is a big body sedan, like a 7 series or S class, because the resell value sucks supremely after just severalyears that it will be a big headache and a hit to sell it.

05 pathfinder, like 2700 down if i remember correctly, 329 a month, a lease was a bad move for me, because mine is up in October and I am way over the 12,000miles a year thing.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

tip
negotiate the total price of the car and THEN inform them you're going to lease.

Why's that Dirty?

b/c you fall into the trap of how much you're paying per month instead of how much you're actually paying for the car.

and just in case you decide to purchase after your lease...your buyback amount is based on the original price of the car

Damn, never knew that. That's a pretty solid tip then.

Originally Posted by ToLiveandDieinNJ

05 pathfinder, like 2700 down if i remember correctly, 329 a month, a lease was a bad move for me, because mine is up in October and I am way over the 12,000 miles a year thing.
The milage is what i'm worried about as well. I got quoted for 10k miles, and i'm starting to think that's not gonna be enough.

It depends on your commute. The average American drives 12-15k miles a year. Some drive a lot less, some drive a lot more. I drive about 1,500 miles a month soa lease is def out of the question for me, unless it was a secondary car used every now and then.

If you do go over your allowed miles, you can pay the fee ($x per each mile over) or opt to buy out the car at the end of the lease agreement. My friend hasover 40,000 miles on his car right now, when it should be no more than 20,000 miles. (10k a year for 3 year lease, 1 year left to go). He's just going tobuy out the lease and keep the car.

How much woulda a Benz C63 AMG be with insurance for a 23 year old dude with a clean record?

any tip or trick you have might help but please believe these people are sick mathematicians behind the scenes.

my 06 accord was 0 down a lil under 300 a month. In the lease there's a buyout option if I wanted to just end the lease and buy the car TODAY.
I look on autotrader etc the buyout option is EXACTLY what they are going for on autotrader. All they do is juggle the numbers around. Thats why, no brainer,the best leases are on cars with high resale value.

Value at end of lease (constant) + down payment (variable) + all your monthly payments added up (variable) = the sticker on the car (negotiated)

thats why Dirty probably has the best peice of advice. In that equation you need to haggle the sticker price down so they start lowering your monthly payments.And if you're worried about insurance you probably shouldnt be looking at cars that expensive. If I had that much cash I'd be looking at 2009 TSX

Back
Top Bottom