Who here plays Golf?

I thought I would hate it also, but after my soccer coach persuaded me to join the team I was hoked. I haven't golfed in a good 6 months though.
ohwell.gif

Theres nothing like hitting a beautiful shot and watching the ball soar down the fairway towards the green.
pimp.gif

Ah another one of these posts....they seldom come up, but are pretty successful when they do.

Anyways I love golf, i have been playing since i was err 7? im still in my teens right now but nonetheless, i have been improving tremendously. I agree withalot of what has already been said, when you are playing well its a game that you love, otherwise its easy to say you hate the game.

and let me jump in on the little argument, on the titleist drivers...k0betw0 comes correct with all of his info in terms of equipment, and it is also prettyobvious that they arent selling well at all. I actually loved the 983k, my uncle still plays it with an x stiff 757 on it...that thing is a beast, even thoughit is old. It ust seems as if they have fallen off in terms of driver tech, they bring alot of recycled ideas to the table year to year.

ps. i am getting some sample kicks from nike this week to, i cant wait to test em out.

Played through high school. The most under-appreciated sport we will ever see, and its truly a sport for gentlemen.

golf is great... ive been playing seriously since 12 years old...
tournaments and for fun... met a lot of good people.
very appreciated...
im going this saturday as a matter of fact.

Originally Posted by XX3forever

k0betw0 comes correct with all of his info in terms of equipment
you know it. i ain't spend over $5 grand in the past year on equipment out of sheer blindness. i talked with reps of all the brands for heads,talked to the vp of matrix when it comes to getting fitted, not to mention my clubmaker fits plenty of euro tour and lpga players. i tested ernie els'sshaft before ernie tested it (although not in his flex)! hahahaha

Best Under-rated sport ever. The feeling of a great shot and getting a birdie/eagle is
pimp.gif
Heres a pic of my clubs.. might get a new set of irons soon, can anyone recommend some?

Although it may seem easy, but its a extremely hard sport. But great for networking with other people.

I play and I caddy...

So I get to play on a course that has like a 30grand initiation fee for free
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

and it is
eek.gif
....the fairways
eek.gif

pic

ekwanok.jpg

00000002.jpg

I would love to play golf, but I don't have the money to buy a set of clubs. I do like to go the range though and hit the long ball, that's always alot of fun, especially if you have a few friends and you compete to see who can drive the ball the farthest.

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

I would love to play golf, but I don't have the money to buy a set of clubs. I do like to go the range though and hit the long ball, that's always a lot of fun, especially if you have a few friends and you compete to see who can drive the ball the farthest.

it's not that much to get a legit set of clubs. i can easily set u up with solid clubs driver to putter for like 5-600 bucks.

driver is like 250

irons 250

putter 100 or less

bag is like 50-100

but I don't have the money to buy a set of clubs
don't buy into all the crap and technology with high prices. You can a nice set of clubs for pretty cheap, and even used ones will be justfine

My clubs are about 6 years old, bought the irons for like 250 and don't plan on buying new ones for a while either

Originally Posted by allen3xis

but I don't have the money to buy a set of clubs
don't buy into all the crap and technology with high prices. You can a nice set of clubs for pretty cheap, and even used ones will be just fine

My clubs are about 6 years old, bought the irons for like 250 and don't plan on buying new ones for a while either

uh this guy is half correct. you better damn well buy into the technology. the tech put into these clubs in the past year or two is phenomenal. that beingsaid, you can definitely buy hot clubs for cheap. considering taylormade golf clubs have a cycle of about 8 months, you can always get their #$%% cheap

golf is an extremely addictive sport. been playing since i was about 12-13 and it's fun especially when you go with a group of friends. i like itespecially because it's competitive & it forces you to try an play your best all the time. it's just so frustrating when your game is notthere.
mad.gif
just have to wait for it to get warm out over here on the eastcoast!

you better damn well buy into the technology. the tech put into these clubs in the past year or two is phenomenal.
It's good, but someone starting out doesn't need it. If you find out you like the sport, want to play more, than invest in some morethings

you better damn well buy into the technology. the tech put into these clubs in the past year or two is phenomenal.
It's good, but someone starting out doesn't need it. If you find out you like the sport, want to play more, than invest in some more things

dude you can buy the taylormade burner (non-tp) version brand new or a hibore xl for $220 bucks. you might as well drop the dough on a decent driver ratherthen drop $100 bucks for some booty driver. i guarantee you the burner or the xl will hit straighter than your $100 one. like i said. i spent close to $5000 onclubs in 2007. $4750 of it was on drivers, i tested all of the drivers that came out in 07 and 08 before some of them even came out to the market. i KNOW whati'm talking about.

scratch that... hibore xl for $170. geez...

k0betw0, what is your current set up right now? i know you always have those tour issued clubs.. its been a while since the last post your clubs post.

in fact i recently (3 months) copped a Cobra X-Speed tour issue with a blue board diamana for a GREAT price...it is a beast of the tee, even though i do missmy 425 a little bit.

Originally Posted by XX3forever

k0betw0, what is your current set up right now? its been a while since the last post your clubs post..
driver: ping g10 - 9* w/ mitsubishi diamana whiteboard 73s japan ion edition
3wood: callaway x-fairway 15* w/ matrix ozik code-8 stiff
hybrid: nickent 3dx 20* w/ mitsubishi hBassara stiff
irons: mizuno comp-ez 4-pw... i hate practicing now so i dumped my custom made mp60s for some custom comp-ezs
wedges: 52* taylormade tp y-cutter
56* titleist spin-mill vokey
60* callaway x-tour w/pm grind & .md. grooves (i need to get it swapped out, it's a year old)
putter: scotty cameron studio stainless newport 2 w/ iomic grip

edit: i have the driver and putter sittin next to me. maybe i'll snap a few pics...

I have a Steelhead plus from like 01 and it's fine for me
ohwell.gif

What I'm sayin is someone just starting, they're gona struggle to even hit it consistently, why not learn with something cheap rather than get suckedinto buying new clubs constantly, thinking that it's the reason they're struggling. I've seen that happen countless times.

$170 is still a lot for some people, especially when they might not even end up liking the game or have time to play it

I guess I'm sick of everyone trying to improve simply by what clubs they by and thinking it's the solution. And I'm not a fan of the technology,now, if you can't drive the ball straight with the things they got, then
sick.gif
.....but then the people hittin 250 dead center off the tee, got no clue how to hit an iron into the green, nevermind their short game.

that's a vent, because I see it everday
laugh.gif

Golf is phat. word to Peoples.

shaft3.jpg

Allen, what course you caddy at? i used to caddy at Valhalla, haven't the last few seasons though. won't be able to this summer neither asthey're getting the course ready for the Ryder Cup. made so much loot during Derby week, seen/met so many celebs. my dude got to caddy for Chris Tucker. the caddymaster's son got to caddy for Michael Jordan and Charles Oakley, MJ brought him a pair of Jordans that he made him wear while he was caddying forhim, dude had on some new balances.

you wanna talk about a job that opens doors, golf caddy is where its at.

I have a Steelhead plus from like 01 and it's fine for me
ohwell.gif

What I'm sayin is someone just starting, they're gona struggle to even hit it consistently, why not learn with something cheap rather than get sucked into buying new clubs constantly, thinking that it's the reason they're struggling. I've seen that happen countless times.

$170 is still a lot for some people, especially when they might not even end up liking the game or have time to play it

I guess I'm sick of everyone trying to improve simply by what clubs they by and thinking it's the solution. And I'm not a fan of the technology, now, if you can't drive the ball straight with the things they got, then
sick.gif
.....but then the people hittin 250 dead center off the tee, got no clue how to hit an iron into the green, nevermind their short game.

that's a vent, because I see it everday
laugh.gif

naw its coo man. i completely feel u too on the buyin expensive clubs but cant do %#+@ with it. i see people fronting everyday on the course. but trust me.that initial 170-220 investment on a driver is worth it. the irons, the technology helps some, but not a whole lot compared to the driver. my driver was $700bucks (retail, not the price i paid of course) and i've played with much more expensive %#+@ too. price isn't everything, but any decent golfer whostudies equipment knows the technology has improved over the past year by a huge amount.

Back
Top Bottom