Who is "Hugh Jones"? Get this man to the NBA!

Baby Shack played JC ball at Southern Maryland for one year and has been on the semi-pro circuit since. Him, AO, Skip and Alimoe had the most pro ready game but Skip is the only that made it. Alimoe could have played pro too but he chose to be "that dude"
30t6p3b.gif

^There aren't. Hilton Armstrong would dominate at the local gym
laugh.gif

Do people understand how f'in big these guys are and how much that matters?

I'm sure there are many streetball players that can play just like him, but what about defense?

Then again, my Warriors don't play a lick of defense
smokin.gif

^There aren't. Hilton Armstrong would dominate at the local gym
laugh.gif

Do people understand how f'in big these guys are and how much that matters?

I'm sure there are many streetball players that can play just like him, but what about defense?

Then again, my Warriors don't play a lick of defense
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by jville819

I always thought Alimoe would've been nice in the NBA

About 8-10 years ago I helped run a pro workout at the Boston Celtics practice facilty about a month before the NBA draft. There were 6 players total. 5 of them were either Division 1 seniors or players who were playing overseas/free agents plus Alimoe( or as he was called all weekend Tyrone) . In attendance were a handful of overseas teams scouts/front office people, Celtics front office people, a couple of sports agents,  and myself and another person running the NBA combine type drills. Let's just say Alimoe was far and away the worst player there. Now maybe he had a bad weekend or whatever, but his skill set and IQ were NOWHERE near the other players. I will say in drills that allowed him to get a running start with the ball in his hand or a sprint and catch situation where he had momentum and he was one of the better guys in those situations. In half court slow down drills ( 2 man game , pick and roll, shooting drills, etc) to be honest as a coach running the drills it was painful to watch.

Going into that mini camp, a few of us went out to dinner the night before and I actually remember saying that the only guy( Rafer had already made the NBA jump) who I thought at the time could play at a high level pro ball from the And1 stuff was Alimoe. The next night at dinner the scouts let me have it haha

About 8-10 years ago I helped run a pro workout at the Boston Celtics practice facilty about a month before the NBA draft. There were 6 players total. 5 of them were either Division 1 seniors or players who were playing overseas/free agents plus Alimoe( or as he was called all weekend Tyrone) . In attendance were a handful of overseas teams scouts/front office people, Celtics front office people, a couple of sports agents,  and myself and another person running the NBA combine type drills. Let's just say Alimoe was far and away the worst player there. Now maybe he had a bad weekend or whatever, but his skill set and IQ were NOWHERE near the other players. I will say in drills that allowed him to get a running start with the ball in his hand or a sprint and catch situation where he had momentum and he was one of the better guys in those situations. In half court slow down drills ( 2 man game , pick and roll, shooting drills, etc) to be honest as a coach running the drills it was painful to watch.

Going into that mini camp, a few of us went out to dinner the night before and I actually remember saying that the only guy( Rafer had already made the NBA jump) who I thought at the time could play at a high level pro ball from the And1 stuff was Alimoe. The next night at dinner the scouts let me have it haha

The NBA game is a different game. 
There are plenty of NBA players who would get run off of the court in half court street games. 

Street ball emphasizes a different skill set. 

The NBA game is a different game. 
There are plenty of NBA players who would get run off of the court in half court street games. 

Street ball emphasizes a different skill set. 

Originally Posted by bostonmarc

The thing is that he doesn't care about making the pros. If he did, he would have got on that plane with Skip and gone to Fresno State.

Originally Posted by bostonmarc

The thing is that he doesn't care about making the pros. If he did, he would have got on that plane with Skip and gone to Fresno State.

"Baby Shaq" can't ball in the league. Heck he wouldn't even get burn overseas. I can picture his game being painful to watch, even at a tryout.

"Baby Shaq" can't ball in the league. Heck he wouldn't even get burn overseas. I can picture his game being painful to watch, even at a tryout.

he could play in like china or japan or some @+%@ but not the big leagues

that being said, i enjoyed watching him on and1

edit - and i always thought that ao was the best besides skip

he could play in like china or japan or some @+%@ but not the big leagues

that being said, i enjoyed watching him on and1

edit - and i always thought that ao was the best besides skip

All street ballers can look good against other street ballers.

And the 2 dudes you mentioned he played against that ARE in the NBA...........never heard of em.

so yea.......nooo

All street ballers can look good against other street ballers.

And the 2 dudes you mentioned he played against that ARE in the NBA...........never heard of em.

so yea.......nooo

Back
Top Bottom