Who is PETER NORMAN?

Saw a piece about him before and it's a ******* crime was the Australian government did to him

mean.gif

Great thread. I learned so much from that little 8 minute video. Good for Mr. Norman...he did what was right, regardless of consequences. That's strength, that's beautiful.

That Australian apartheid man....smh...crazy how little I know about the different versions of apartheid throughout the world. And you think you've read it all, but somehow I'm still surprised by the cruelty and how inhumane governments can be...

And that's only a generation ago. SMH. Literally makes me shudder

That's courage, props to Peter. I think this is what most potential revolutionaries realize that holds them back, when you go all in your and your family's lives will be greatly affected.

bastards all of them...why did it take so long?

and sydney 2000 they were still trippin

That's awesome that Peter Norman stood for what was right despite everything he went through.

I knew he supported them, but I didn't know he gave them the gloves or he went through all of this.

True Hero right there :pimp:

Found this out couple weeks back in an article. My mind was blown. Always saw the powerful photo
and thought he was just some dude lurkin in the background. :smh: He was equally important as they
were and I aint even know it. Son was bout that life for real.

View media item 2140569They built a statue commemorating thishistoric stand for solidarity and human rights.
They were going to include Peter, but he asked them to leave his spot empty so that others
could also stand there to show solidarity & support. It get no more real than that.

Found this out couple weeks back in an article. My mind was blown. Always saw the powerful photo
and thought he was just some dude lurkin in the background. :smh: He was equally important as they

View media item 2140569They built a statue commemorating thishistoric stand for solidarity and human rights.
They were going to include Peter, but he asked them to leave his spot empty so that others
could also stand there to show solidarity & support.
It get no more real than that.
Dang that hit me in the feels...dude was self less. Peter Norman was a real one.

Land full of racist ******* criminals. Screwing a dude up to 10 years years ago for standing up for racial equality

:x

Props to Peter Norman for never giving in though.

Last edited:
Land full of racist ******* criminals. Screwing a dude up to 10 years years ago for standing up for racial quality

:x

Props to Peter Norman for never giving in though.

That's what pisses me off the most is how ******* petty and hateful they were that they wanted break him. They waited until he died to even show him respect.

could also stand there to show solidarity & support. It get no more real than that.

I'm from San Jose and didn't even know this.

Truly amazing.

idk if it's bc it's late at night or that time of the month but damn that hit the feels.

I always wondered what he was thinking or feeling up there. Props to him. I didn't know how selfless he was.

Will be watching Salute today.

Fact that he constantly refused to alter their movement is amazing. Dude was truly a pure and beautiful person. Rare gem nowadays.

Last edited:
Wow. Had no idea about this. Sht crazy. He's the definition of a standout up guy.

Australian government was still trying to get him to denounce smith and carlos in 2000? 2000 B :smh:.

Wicked

ive been here it's at san jose university. i was wondering why there was an empty spot, i guess now i know. cool stuff

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom