WHO is the most famous person in the world??

this guy

10424_145826290777_673885777_3165569_1325500_n.jpg

Originally Posted by LarryIndiana219

Originally Posted by thesimplestlife

Originally Posted by J23S

Originally Posted by flippapabear23

My guess would be David Beckham or Zinidine Zidane (Guy who headbutted in 06 World Cup)

This is based soley on fact that soccer is far and away most popular sport in the world. They are 2 very well known players and my guess is that most people would at least know of the best players in their sport..
You had to explain who he is so you already disqualified him
laugh.gif

Zidane is one of the greatest soccer players ever. So he obviously would be in consideration. The only reason i explained him is because probably 90% of this board doesnt follow soccer, so they wouldn't know who im talking about. But this board is NOT the WORLD, so he could be very famous.
But this board is part of the world, there are millions of people that dont follow soccer as well
of course there are millions of people who don't follow soccer, but you have to understand that there are millions of people who don't follow other things as well..

do you really think that more people follow politics than sports (i'll leave it as general as that)..?
now, after you realize they don't, let me ask you this...

do you really think more people follow golf than soccer?
now, after you realize they don't, let me ask you this

do you really think that some of the influence of these huge soccer stars, doesn't extend beyond soccer? do you really think that people in some of these less financially developed countries, where soccer forms the backbone of their culture, don't have an idea of who david beckham or zidane might be???
Wanna talk influence? Tiger is worth more than both of those soccer teams combined (I think
laugh.gif
)... and what moves faster around the globe than money? Not even light. Money IS influence! Tiger's money can be everywhere at once, therefore, HE can be everywhere at once. He's on TV Right now, somewhere as I'm typing this. He might be selling an Ipod or some deodorant RIGHT now. It's really quite simple. Not only is HE a brand name himself, but his face is more recognizable than any other black face today, sans MAYBE Jordan. Maybe.. and definitely moreso than Obama because Tiger opened the door for Obama. White people had to accept losing their sport to a %+%%% before they lost their country to one. Duh...

Oprah is more famous then everyone listed except for Obama
Oprah is up there too.. people are still learning Obama. Mother +%++### was raised on Oprah!
laugh.gif
how are you going to actually reduce this topic to money...?? in that case, why aren't names like bill gates, or warren buffett being brought up? you're starting to NOT make sense. yes, tiger woods is a brand, and yes he's hugely popular, but so are people like david beckham. I already posted the link, but I'll do it again, just for you:
http://www.telegraph.co.u...am-says-Tiger-Woods.html

SOCCER is way more popular than golf. duh. David beckham is one of the most famous soccer players. duh. His influence is bigger than soccer. duh. what is there not to get...?
and no, tiger woods isn't worth more than some of the bigger name soccer teams (i.e. real madrid, man u, etc).

tiger may be richer than beckham, but that doesn't mean he's a more popular WORLD figure. maybe it's time to venture out of indiana.
Blah Blah... You're obviously subjectively attached to this topic, because you insist on making it about soccer being more popular than golf. So what? True as that may be, Tiger is more popular than Soccer. Simply put, because Tiger is as rich as he is active in the mainstream world, people see and hear about him everywhere and all the time. Bill Gates is not a celebrity, and neither are most of the richest people in the world. But Tiger (and Oprah) are. And their money makes them important to both regular people and business interests alike, which makes them the topic of discussion in more circles; moreso than David Beckham. Period.

And another thing.. *%# does living in Indiana have to do with this? My two feet take up as much space on this globe as yours do, whether I'm standing in Indiana or you're standing in a pile of dog $#%#. Your WORLD view is just as narrow as mine, whether you can admit it or not. At least I'm wise enough to know it.

tiger is more popular than soccer??? now i'm actually starting to believe you're as dumb(dumb isn't really the word, it's moreignorance than anything else) as you sound. what you fail to realize is that david beckham is on the same level as tiger woods, globally. maybe his presenceisn't as defined in america, but go to a country where soccer is actually a main sport, and you'll understand its huge following. UNTIL THEN, FALLBACK.

you bring up money, like beckham's broke..that's a null point. then you go on to say that tiger is more active in the mainstream world. Obviously, youhave no basis for the statement, and neither I, nor you would really be able to validate that. And then you have the audacity to end your statement with a"period" as if you're confident in your fallacies..??

and obviously my world view isn't as narrow as yours. Unlike you, I actually factor in the world, and not reduce it (the world) to america. this wholetime your points have been incredibly dumb, even after i posted an article in which tiger even thought david beckham was more popular than him (although thiswas a few years ago).

the point is, that although beckham may not be talked about in YOUR circles, doesn't mean he isn't talked about in OTHER circles. There are manycircles where he IS talked about, while tiger ISN'T being talked about. Does that make beckham obviously more popular than woods? probably not, but IT isat least COMPARABLE, clown.

and then you said you're "wise enough". that's actually the most invalidate statement you've made all night. you're not even"wise enough" to realize how huge soccer actually is.

trying to talk to dudes on nt is like trying to explain things to a 6 year old. difference is, they're six, and these nters are GROWN men....and they stilldon't get it.

Dude actually thinks Zidane is more famous than the President of the most power nation on Earth. Not just any cookie cutter president either, the first blackpresident.

Are you serious.......................................

Zidane more famous than Obama?
laugh.gif
What you did establish was that Zidaneis famous, but he is simply not as famous as Obama. The Empire State building is tall, but the tallest? No.

The dali lama, or nelson mandella. And honestly he is not now but surly President Obama will be after his 1st term is over.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Dude actually thinks Zidane is more famous than the President of the most power nation on Earth. Not just any cookie cutter president either, the first black president.

Are you serious.......................................

Zidane more famous than Obama?
laugh.gif
What you did establish was that Zidane is famous, but he is simply not as famous as Obama. The Empire State building is tall, but the tallest? No.

Maybe if you read other posts you would have seen that i said obama could be most famous person also..... My reason for not including him in my first post wasbecause i was talking about soccer... Also i concluded that obama may need a little more time to become most famous person. HE has only been REALLY famous inlast few years.

My guess would be David Beckham or Zinidine Zidane (Guy who headbutted in 06 World Cup)

This is based soley on fact that soccer is far and away most popular sport in the world. They are 2 very well known players and my guess is that most people would at least know of the best players in their sport..
You had to explain who he is so you already disqualified him
laugh.gif

Zidane is one of the greatest soccer players ever. So he obviously would be in consideration. The only reason i explained him is because probably 90% of this board doesnt follow soccer, so they wouldn't know who im talking about. But this board is NOT the WORLD, so he could be very famous.
But this board is part of the world, there are millions of people that dont follow soccer as well
of course there are millions of people who don't follow soccer, but you have to understand that there are millions of people who don't follow other things as well..

do you really think that more people follow politics than sports (i'll leave it as general as that)..?
now, after you realize they don't, let me ask you this...

do you really think more people follow golf than soccer?
now, after you realize they don't, let me ask you this

do you really think that some of the influence of these huge soccer stars, doesn't extend beyond soccer? do you really think that people in some of these less financially developed countries, where soccer forms the backbone of their culture, don't have an idea of who david beckham or zidane might be???
Wanna talk influence? Tiger is worth more than both of those soccer teams combined (I think
laugh.gif
)... and what moves faster around the globe than money? Not even light. Money IS influence! Tiger's money can be everywhere at once, therefore, HE can be everywhere at once. He's on TV Right now, somewhere as I'm typing this. He might be selling an Ipod or some deodorant RIGHT now. It's really quite simple. Not only is HE a brand name himself, but his face is more recognizable than any other black face today, sans MAYBE Jordan. Maybe.. and definitely moreso than Obama because Tiger opened the door for Obama. White people had to accept losing their sport to a %+%%% before they lost their country to one. Duh...

Oprah is more famous then everyone listed except for Obama
Oprah is up there too.. people are still learning Obama. Mother +%++### was raised on Oprah!
laugh.gif
how are you going to actually reduce this topic to money...?? in that case, why aren't names like bill gates, or warren buffett being brought up? you're starting to NOT make sense. yes, tiger woods is a brand, and yes he's hugely popular, but so are people like david beckham. I already posted the link, but I'll do it again, just for you:
http://www.telegraph.co.u...am-says-Tiger-Woods.html

SOCCER is way more popular than golf. duh. David beckham is one of the most famous soccer players. duh. His influence is bigger than soccer. duh. what is there not to get...?
and no, tiger woods isn't worth more than some of the bigger name soccer teams (i.e. real madrid, man u, etc).

tiger may be richer than beckham, but that doesn't mean he's a more popular WORLD figure. maybe it's time to venture out of indiana.
Blah Blah... You're obviously subjectively attached to this topic, because you insist on making it about soccer being more popular than golf. So what? True as that may be, Tiger is more popular than Soccer. Simply put, because Tiger is as rich as he is active in the mainstream world, people see and hear about him everywhere and all the time. Bill Gates is not a celebrity, and neither are most of the richest people in the world. But Tiger (and Oprah) are. And their money makes them important to both regular people and business interests alike, which makes them the topic of discussion in more circles; moreso than David Beckham. Period.

And another thing.. *%# does living in Indiana have to do with this? My two feet take up as much space on this globe as yours do, whether I'm standing in Indiana or you're standing in a pile of dog $#%#. Your WORLD view is just as narrow as mine, whether you can admit it or not. At least I'm wise enough to know it.
tiger is more popular than soccer??? now i'm actually starting to believe you're as dumb(dumb isn't really the word, it's more ignorance than anything else) as you sound. what you fail to realize is that david beckham is on the same level as tiger woods, globally. maybe his presence isn't as defined in america, but go to a country where soccer is actually a main sport, and you'll understand its huge following. UNTIL THEN, FALL BACK.

you bring up money, like beckham's broke..that's a null point. then you go on to say that tiger is more active in the mainstream world. Obviously, you have no basis for the statement, and neither I, nor you would really be able to validate that. And then you have the audacity to end your statement with a "period" as if you're confident in your fallacies..??

and obviously my world view isn't as narrow as yours. Unlike you, I actually factor in the world, and not reduce it (the world) to america. this whole time your points have been incredibly dumb, even after i posted an article in which tiger even thought david beckham was more popular than him (although this was a few years ago).

the point is, that although beckham may not be talked about in YOUR circles, doesn't mean he isn't talked about in OTHER circles. There are many circles where he IS talked about, while tiger ISN'T being talked about. Does that make beckham obviously more popular than woods? probably not, but IT is at least COMPARABLE, clown.

and then you said you're "wise enough". that's actually the most invalidate statement you've made all night. you're not even "wise enough" to realize how huge soccer actually is.

trying to talk to dudes on nt is like trying to explain things to a 6 year old. difference is, they're six, and these nters are GROWN men....and they still don't get it.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

A lot of you in here are a prime example as to why the international community feels the way it does towards america. Tiger is definitely not more popularcompared to Beckham worldwide..

Obama
Oprah
Michael Jackson

^Obvious ones

Michael Jordan
David Beckham
Tiger Woods

Why? People who don't know anything about basketball know MJ. Same for David Beckham and Soccer. Same for Tiger and golf.

If anyone thinks Zinidine Zidane is even close they are horribly misinformed. Though i'm assuming the dude up top was just using him to make a point.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

A lot of you in here are a prime example as to why the international community feels the way it does towards america. Tiger is definitely not more popular compared to Beckham worldwide..
laugh.gif
No, you got it backwards. A lot of us in here are just stating opinions. There is no ONE answer tothe question. But all the soccer fans are on this lil crusade to crown whoever their champion is
laugh.gif
. It's like because the SPORT is so serious (andbecause ya'll resent that Americans couldn't care any less..
grin.gif
), ya'll think the atrhletes themselves are the most famous people ever, andit's just not true. Sorry. If 450 million people in the world's most influential country couldn't care less... that's a huge disperity.There's a reason team players wear numbers on their back. Real talk, Jordan's jersey is more popular than he ever was or will be. One day he'lldie. His legacy lives in his uniform though. His face may fadre from memory in as short as 50 years. Ask 10 random people today if they'd know who BillRussel was if he walked up to them.. or Jerry West.... faces get old to new generations if those faces get attached to things like unoiforms and teams. Untilyou can wrap your mind around the concept that Tiger plays an individual's sport, with no team name, team colors colors, logos, jersies, or any of theother symbol that superceeds a player's last name, you won't get what I'm trying to say. You only know whoTiger is because of what Tiger does, not his team, coach, or any of that. He's not carrying a tradition, he'smaking one. That alone, plus his status as THEE best in the game bar none based on his own solo effort, coupled withhis lucrative business connections, marketing, endorsements, appeal, and projected longevity... it's pretty open and shut. Tiger is the world's most famous athlete today just off face and name recognition alone. No one watches golf. **#% the sport
laugh.gif
. The PBA lost more than half its viewers when Tiger was out (Whoa...). But that man is world wide.Period. And I'd assume he's one of the world's most famous people in general.

It use to be The Pope (John Paul II) but he died.Then it was Michael Jackson but he died.So Obama is #1 and Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods for #2.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

A lot of you in here are a prime example as to why the international community feels the way it does towards america. Tiger is definitely not more popular compared to Beckham worldwide..
laugh.gif
No, you got it backwards. A lot of us in here are just stating opinions. There is no ONE answer to the question. But all the soccer fans are on this lil crusade to crown whoever their champion is
laugh.gif
. It's like because the SPORT is so serious (and because ya'll resent that Americans couldn't care any less..
grin.gif
), ya'll think the atrhletes themselves are the most famous people ever, and it's just not true. Sorry. If 450 million people in the world's most influential country couldn't care less... that's a huge disperity. There's a reason team players wear numbers on their back. Real talk, Jordan's jersey is more popular than he ever was or will be. One day he'll die. His legacy lives in his uniform though. His face may fadre from memory in as short as 50 years. Ask 10 random people today if they'd know who Bill Russel was if he walked up to them.. or Jerry West.... faces get old to new generations if those faces get attached to things like unoiforms and teams. Until you can wrap your mind around the concept that Tiger plays an individual's sport, with no team name, team colors colors, logos, jersies, or any of the other symbol that superceeds a player's last name, you won't get what I'm trying to say. You only know who Tiger is because of what Tiger does, not his team, coach, or any of that. He's not carrying a tradition, he's making one. That alone, plus his status as THEE best in the game bar none based on his own solo effort, coupled with his lucrative business connections, marketing, endorsements, appeal, and projected longevity... it's pretty open and shut. Tiger is the world's most famous athlete today just off face and name recognition alone. No one watches golf. **#% the sport
laugh.gif
. The PBA lost more than half its viewers when Tiger was out (Whoa...). But that man is world wide. Period. And I'd assume he's one of the world's most famous people in general.

it's actually amazing how incredibly ignorant you are. it's not really the popularity gained from just soccer that makes soccer athletes huge. likeother sports, soccer is just a GATEWAY into other ventures. Maybe you really believe that these soccer players just play soccer, and aren't in involved inother business ventures (i mean, it was thierry henry promoting some razor or something with tiger woods and roger federer), industries, and media outlets(bend it like beckham, perhaps..??).
moreover, tiger woods does not have more face recognition than someone like Ronaldinho (he may not even have more name recognition than him). Sure soccer is ateam sport, but like most team sports, soccer is decorated with INDIVIDUAL stars.
So, he plays an individual sport? So does (for the most part) federer, nadal, phelps, and usain bolt. do they too have more recognition than some of the hugefootballers of the world (i.e. pele, maradona, roanldinho, beckham, cristiano ronaldo, messi, etc.)?? Don't even respond. You're going to say nobecause "well, they don't have the buisness aspect down like tiger does." And so explains your inability to comprehend the global impact of othersports, individuals, and buisnesses outside of mainstream america.

again, for the record, I am not claiming that Tiger woods is not the most famous athlete/person in the world. I am just saying that it's incredible foolishto discount some of these huge footballers, who are looked at as more than just athletes.

Back
Top Bottom