Who is this Tyler Perry fool?

Originally Posted by REDUCE523

I am hispanic and just saw Why Did I Get Married. I saw it with my girl but it was a great movie. Great messages and very realistic. People just have great things to say about Daddys Little Girls also.

Exactly what I was going to say, never a dull moment in why did I get married

I've never watched the TBS show, but the commercials for it make it look terribly unfunny. It's like, there aren't even any punchlines! There wasone where some dude just said, "Clean that up!" and a laugh track followed. My sister said the whole show is like that
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the movie where they went up to that cabin in the mountains was pretty good.....i forgot the name

He's the lesser of evils when it comes to stereotypical depiction of minorities. And yea, Christians and older black people love his stuff, especially hisplays which all have a religious tie in.

He doesn't write summer blockbuster movies. It's obvious that he writes for a particular audience and judging by the popularity of his plays, shows andt.v. shows, he knows that audience pretty well. So if you don't find his stuff funny, you're probably not in the demographic he's shooting for.It's just like someone who doesn't care about shoes will have no interest in watching ESPN "It's The Shoes".

i'm not from the south nor christian, but i love his plays and movies. i didn't really care for 'why did i get married' because it felt like iwas watching one of those last 90's, bill bellamy black love story movies. plus i think janet jackson's time is up (i don't care what any of yousay, it's time for her to hang it up as an actress and singer). the messages are the same in every film regarding family and it's touching. i like itmore for the comedy aspect. i grew up on the westcoast, in a single-parent home so i can't really relate to all that southern cookout, happy-go-luckystuff.

I hate how TBS promotes the show as "Tyler Perry's House of Payne" like its supposed to make us say "oh I gotta watch that because it'sTyler Perry's show"... I dont know who that fool is.

Back
Top Bottom