***Who is winning NBA Most Improved Player (MIP) this year?***

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Ariza went from playing on the best team in basketball to what a lot of us assumed might be the worst team in basketball this season.

He went from a fifth or sixth option to a first or second option. Not because Trevor Ariza is really good, but because the Rockets just had nobody else better.

but how does that impact anything. Its no difference if he was still on the lakers and was given a boost in minutes. its one thing if he went to houston anddidnt do anything more than what he did last year. We all thought the Rockets would be terrible and maybe win 30 games. They are playing alot better and he isone of the reasons. That is what makes him in the running for MIP. i just think he hasnt reached his peak of improvement cause his FG% is no where it shouldbe. Brooks and Landry i think have played better and "more improved"

Of course his numbers are going to get better when he's playing 15 minutes a game more and going from a role player on a great team to a go-to player on anaverage team.

Who in the NBA wouldn't improve their statistics significantly if they got that big of an increase in playing time?

landry, brooks, monta, or dahntay jones are looking like the MIP candidates, with brooks having the edge from what i've seen.

Of course his numbers are going to get better when he's playing 15 minutes a game more and going from a role player on a great team to a go-to player on an average team.

Who in the NBA wouldn't improve their statistics significantly if they got that big of an increase in playing time?
What player that wins MIP doesnt get 10-15 minutes more than they year before? All these players that win go from being a role player to a playerthat gets more burn, which increases their numbers,

That just tells us that the criteria holds no consistency.

Trevor Ariza hasn't improved greatly; his situation improved greatly. He's getting nine more shots a game and scoring not quite eight points per gamemore.
sick.gif

All I know is, Kevin Love has improved in essentially every facet of basketball, and would probably be the front-runner right now.

[table][tr][td] Year[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]G [/td] [td]Min [/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td]Off[/td] [td]Def[/td] [td]Tot[/td] [td]Ast[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]Stl[/td] [td]Blk[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2008-09[/td] [td]MIN[/td] [td]81[/td] [td]25:18 [/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td]8.5[/td] [td]45.9[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]10.5[/td] [td]3.3[/td] [td]4.2[/td] [td]78.9[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td]5.7[/td] [td]9.1[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]0.4[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]2.5[/td] [td]11.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2009-10[/td] [td]MIN[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]31:30 [/td] [td]5.3[/td] [td]11.1[/td] [td]47.9[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]52.6[/td] [td]3.2[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [td]80.8[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]8.4[/td] [td]12.9[/td] [td]2.4[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]2.9[/td] [td]14.6[/td] [/tr][/table]
He was already almost averaging a double-double as a rookie, but has turned it into an absurd double-double, bumped up his percentages and distributed andtaken care of the ball better.

But at the end of the day, who really cares about this award?
laugh.gif

Gallinari. Probably gonna boost all his stats by seasons end anyway....

08-09 6ppg 2rbs 1ast
09-10 15 ppg 5 rbs 2 asts 1 blk 1 stl

Landry/Brooks.

put your homerism aside guys. beno? please. monta hasnt really improved at all. most of you guys are just judging upon stats, and not the situation.

as much as i would like gallo to get it, i dont think it'll happen. he was injured last year, so obviously hes going to play better this year. still wanthim to get it though
laugh.gif

But at the end of the day, who really cares about this award?
laugh.gif
who wouldnt want to be held in the same sentence as Bobby Simmons and Boris Diaw?

based on minutes and production as of last year, I'm going to have to go with Carl Landry. Having him on your Fantasy squad FTW. Notable mention- Stuckeyanyone?

We'll see how this nominees play after the All-Star Break. A lot of players have great first 1/2's of the season.

Back
Top Bottom