Who makes cars that can't be unlocked with a key? grr!!

I just stood my black %#+ out on Mulholland Dr and Runyon Canyon for 30 minutes freezing because the clicker fell off my keychain and I couldn't get my car door open. I guess it fell off somewhere while I was walking on the trail. By the time I got back to the car I noticed it was gone and had to walk back down the trail again in the dark, scouring the ground for it. I never found it and the locksmith just charged me $100 to spend 5 seconds unlocking my car.

I got in, but now I can't lock my doors or open my trunk because I need that damn clicker! FML
mad.gif
Seriously? Why couldn't the key just unlock the door?

It's a 2004 Buick Century. An old granny car, but it's a company car so I ain't complaining. It beats the bus.
laugh.gif
Yes, I live in LA. 

Originally Posted by doin90onthefreeway

Originally Posted by MissDivaDoll

roll.gif

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to expense this out and get my $100 back.

$100 for that #%!*?

my local locksmith charges less than $30

you got got

It was actually $135 but I told him I didn't have that much money. I did but I wasn't paying it. So he said he'd just charge me $100. If I'd had more time to think things through I would have called around until I found someone with a decent price, but it was dark, empty and I was freezing my %#% off. Like I said, it's a company car though so I should be able to get my money back. I'm pretty sure the owner will pay it, he's cool.

I think about this with my Nissan. There is no key at all so if I lose the keyless then I'm a^^ out. That keychain controls the damn car.

I personally prefer having a key as well, but whether losing a clicker or losing a key, both lead to you waiting outside for a longer period of time than usual.

Personally, I wish most cars came with a key plus the door lock button on the inside.

That way I can give women The Door Test.

Back
Top Bottom