Who on NT thinks......

this December went by too fast?

I know most of y'all got finals done by now and are currently on vacation like me, but yeah I'm getting way behind on Christmas shopping. And Ican't believe Christmas is less than a week away.
ohwell.gif

Discuss.

this whole year went too fast.

i just realized we were already taking finals for our 1st semester, with only half a school year to go.

The semester went by fast. BUT The year of 07 was slow for me. Some of it was good times and I glided through it, but there was a lot of struggle for me and mypeople this year. I will be glad when it's over. I think in 08 I will be a totally new man.

Originally Posted by buggz05

The semester went by fast. BUT The year of 07 was slow for me. Some of it was good times and I glided through it, but there was a lot of struggle for me and my people this year. I will be glad when it's over. I think in 08 I will be a totally new man.
Word. 07 has been a rough year for me academically and yes it was too fast for me to handle. I hope to do bewtter in 08 tho.

yea things have been happening pretty fast... makes you think about all the wasted time....

i think this whole year went by fast.

i didn't even know Christmas was less than a week away until i looked at the calendar -- been busy with finals and papers
haven't really had time to do any Christmas shopping either.

Final exams for last year's fall semester at CSUN were crazy in terms of schedule. We started the semester after labor day but the trade off was the factthat finals dragged on deep into December.

For most people, their last final was on the 22nd, my last final was on the night of the 22nd so I had been engaged in studying and term papers since afterThanksgiving and then we snap out of our walking comas associated with finals time to find that Christmas was going Christmas eve night was 48 hours away.

I am glad to see how good I amfeeling at the end of 2007, I liked this year, it was productive adn uneventful. One year ago, the combination of some foolishdrug abuse and an ungodly amount of drinking from June through December had left me fat, out of shape, depressed, prone to panic attacks and somewhat short ofbreath due to a temporary condition that weakended the muscles in my heart. I was at a nadir in terms of physical and mental health in December of 2006. In2007, I have just been getting progressively healthier and stronger every month and I am feeling pretty damn happy, fit and generally ready for a great 2008, ayear in which I will enjoy my last semester as a college undergrad and later on in the year, get a career started.

yea it's def went by fast. actually i started college at UCSD fall of 06 and it feels like i'm still a freshman...

That's nice, Rexanglorum.
Glad to see things are going well with you. This year - I graduated from college, got in an unprecedented amount of fist-fights, consumed more alcohol than Iever have in my 11 year drinking career, and have gotten convicted of more crimes than I have in the past (5) years ... all in one year. This year sucks - andit's speeding by during the parts I want to cherish, and slowing down during the times I want to fly by. The Bahamas was 8 days which felt like a day and ahalf - this misery is a few months extended into what seemingly feels like years!

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

Final exams for last year's fall semester at CSUN were crazy in terms of schedule. We started the semester after labor day but the trade off was the fact that finals dragged on deep into December.

For most people, their last final was on the 22nd, my last final was on the night of the 22nd so I had been engaged in studying and term papers since after Thanksgiving and then we snap out of our walking comas associated with finals time to find that Christmas was going Christmas eve night was 48 hours away.

I am glad to see how good I amfeeling at the end of 2007, I liked this year, it was productive adn uneventful. One year ago, the combination of some foolish drug abuse and an ungodly amount of drinking from June through December had left me fat, out of shape, depressed, prone to panic attacks and somewhat short of breath due to a temporary condition that weakended the muscles in my heart. I was at a nadir in terms of physical and mental health in December of 2006. In 2007, I have just been getting progressively healthier and stronger every month and I am feeling pretty damn happy, fit and generally ready for a great 2008, a year in which I will enjoy my last semester as a college undergrad and later on in the year, get a career started.

I feel you brother, amen to that. I'm comin off a bunch of legalities, probation...plus drug use had led to MAD nervous problems and panic attacks. At the end I'm so close to fully rehabilitated and back to a normal state. I've successfully got back into college. and although not successfuly yet,I'm trying to repair a father/son relationship with my dad. He's took me in after hardtimes of the past 3 years, after I dipped out on him because ofproblems with his wife(and now she's moved a day's worth away). So F this, I could skip christmas and go straight to New Years...I already got mypresent.

i worked way to many hours in dec. my next pay check i will have 43 hrs OT. and 24 hrs holiday pay

It went slow at first and then snuck up on me which I don't mind, because this year needs to be over for me. The worse part is that it was completelyunproductive and I couldn't do anything about it, because I had to switch schools and majors and start foundation courses. I don't know if my mom istrying to push me away, but I am severing all ties by 2008 I swear.
$!%@ must be turning faster or something.

Back
Top Bottom