Who really cares if Rose cheated?

If he gets hurt tomorrow, he will be straight with wise money management. He made like $4 million on the court plus whatever Adidas and Wilson paid him. Hebought his mom a house and rents one for himself. He could sell that Maserati and some ice and live comfortably.

Also, the Bulls usually pay out the guaranteed contract, see Jay Williams.

He will be good and lead the Bulls to second round this year, I pray they get past that. This thing should blow over before the season starts.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

If he gets hurt tomorrow, he will be straight with wise money management. He made like $4 million on the court plus whatever Adidas and Wilson paid him. He bought his mom a house and rents one for himself. He could sell that Maserati and some ice and live comfortably.

He will be good and lead the Bulls to second round this year, I pray they get past that. This thing should blow over before the season starts.

$4 million minus 33% to his agent and other expenditures to his entourage and other people who are on his payroll...

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

so when Rose NBA Career is over what is he going to do?

what exactly can he do as for as job wise?
who cares? he will probably make over $100 million in the NBA

so if he's smart, he can EASILY live off that for the rest of his life. Not to mention to NBA pension.

But he's not...

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

If he gets hurt tomorrow, he will be straight with wise money management. He made like $4 million on the court plus whatever Adidas and Wilson paid him. He bought his mom a house and rents one for himself. He could sell that Maserati and some ice and live comfortably.

$4 million minus 33% to his agent and other expenditures to his entourage and other people who are on his payroll...

QFT...Aren't taxes 33% and agent 10%? Yes, I'm sure Reggie is riding nice, but that's family.

Originally Posted by JD617

so if he's smart, he can EASILY live off that for the rest of his life. Not to mention to NBA pension.

But he's not...
just because he's not book smart... doesnt mean he isnt smart...

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

QFT...Aren't taxes 33% and agent 10%? Yes, I'm sure Reggie is riding nice, but that's family.

I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they typically take between 3-5%, but with Rose being a high profile it might be more. His taxbracket will be taxed at 36%, also I think the state of Illinois has a State Income Tax. Arn Tellem is his agent I think, too.

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Originally Posted by JD617

But he's not...
just because he's not book smart... doesnt mean he isnt smart...

Are you telling me you think he's smart?

He isn't dumb if he got someone to take the test for him ...

A dumb dude would have took it themselves & failed .

Well most of his childhood friends have said that he was smart...it might not show up in interviews, but that can be fixed with a public speaking class. Hewent to a strong academic grammar school.I know the coach there and he wouldn't compromise anything for a game.

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

QFT...Maybe its just us city folks, Chi especially, that recognize this.

Fede, yes we do have a state income tax in IL.

In the grand scheme of life, there are bigger things to worry about then Derrick Rose and his S.A.T.'s.

Yes, it is dumb. Cheating is dumb.

I just hate the fact that people believe that if one isn't that smart in school they aren't smart at all .

So just because he isn't capable of passing a Standardized Test (who's the standard anyway ?) ... he doesn't deserve to play in the NBA ? Thatmakes no damn sense to me .

If one can't pass the SAT's they're dumb & they don't "deserve" to play in the NBA ?

Wow .

I just hate the fact that people believe that if one isn't that smart in school they aren't smart at all .

So just because he isn't capable of passing a Standardized Test (who's the standard anyway ?) ... he doesn't deserve to play in the NBA ? That makes no damn sense to me .

If one can't pass the SAT's they're dumb & they don't "deserve" to play in the NBA ?

Wow .

SAT isnt a pass/fail. I'm not saying he shouldn't be able to play in the league because he cheated on his SAT's. Listening to Kenyon Martin andmost of the players in the league speak, I wouldnt be surprised if they did the same thing. To me, this is bigger than him doing what he did. He's in theprocess of screwing a school's reputation, losing scholarships and could be on some sort of probation. He is also under investigation for Grade Changing,taking illegal benefits, an now this? I feel bad for the kid because he doesnt know anything and was manipulated into these situations.

Well he can't be blamed for the grade change...that was someone within the school with administrative access. I agree with you Fede that this is a muchlarger problem than just this isolated accusation. I feel that the school system should be restructured for all children.

I wouldn't feel too bad for him if I were you, dude got it made. This is nothing!

^^ I can get with it. Its sick how they push higher education, we then take out student loans and then can't find jobs to pay back those loans.

Its screwed up and thats why I'm happy for anyone that can beat the system.

^^ I can get with it. Its sick how they push higher education, we then take out student loans and then can't find jobs to pay back those loans.

Go to a better school where they pay you. That's an answer.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Go to a better school where they pay you. That's an answer.

Shoot my time is up Joka. When I went to Hampton I wasn't an A student. Thats why I have all those student loans.

However, I am waiting on tuition refund in a few weeks.

Thats what Mayo and Rose and countless others do though.

It is sad that so many people are judging him off of interviews.

He is just a quiet cat.I am pretty sure you all know someone that has the same demeanor in your family/clique.

Once again what he did was wrong,but it is not a shock to me,like Reggie Bush,OJ Mayo,etc.

Because this is not 1980 no more.The U.S. Public School System,NCAA and other student/athlete entities has had the time and money to fix and prevent thingslike this from happening in this day and age.

Now for y'all stone throwers I am also a graduate of Simeon(Class of '99) and grew up during the "Reagan Era" ,when that "BootstrapTheory" was crammed down our throat.

He simply created a opportunity off of people that was definitely going to theirs off of him...just so happens that the boots he pulled himself up with wasNike at the time,given to him by the NCAA.

us UCLA fans care. our team was stacked 2 years ago. Rose was a nightmare matchup for us, b/c Darren Collison can't guard big pgs. We had a legit chance atbeating Kansas in the championship game.

Derrick Rose you deserve a
indifferent.gif

Salty? yes i am

How dumb do you have to be not to score a 1000, let alone an 820. I mean seriously. Basketball is important. But so is the ability to read, write, and doproper math. This just shows when they say 2/3 of the US can't read or write at a HS level. They def ain't lying. It's sad. I mean you get 400points for putting down your name.

And now they should investigate Calipari even more. Dude is beyond dirty.

Originally Posted by SouthsideChi773

He is just a quiet cat.I am pretty sure you all know someone that has the same demeanor in your family/clique.

Once again what he did was wrong,but it is not a shock to me,like Reggie Bush,OJ Mayo,etc.

Because this is not 1980 no more.The U.S. Public School System,NCAA and other student/athlete entities has had the time and money to fix and prevent things like this from happening in this day and age.

Now for y'all stone throwers I am also a graduate of Simeon(Class of '99) and grew up during the "Reagan Era" ,when that "Bootstrap Theory" was crammed down our throat.

He simply created a opportunity off of people that was definitely going to theirs off of him...just so happens that the boots he pulled himself up with was Nike at the time,given to him by the NCAA.

Yeah, I know, right? God forbid people create their own opportunities in their life.

Originally Posted by SouthsideChi773

Because this is not 1980 no more.The U.S. Public School System,NCAA and other student/athlete entities has had the time and money to fix and prevent things like this from happening in this day and age.

Now for y'all stone throwers I am also a graduate of Simeon(Class of '99) and grew up during the "Reagan Era" ,when that "Bootstrap Theory" was crammed down our throat.

He simply created a opportunity off of people that was definitely going to theirs off of him...just so happens that the boots he pulled himself up with was Nike at the time,given to him by the NCAA.

what did they do morally wrong on a level like Rose?

Back
Top Bottom