Who Remembers when Eastbay Magazine Sold Air Jordan Retros

Whatever happened to that ?!? Oh yeah, hype beasts and resellers messed it all up

nope just that the internet made that form of shopping obsolete. i mean the resellers and hypebeasts don't help the situation but i'm pretty sure they're not the main reason. i honestly don't have a problem with resellers. if they beat me to a release then i congratulate them cuz they put in more work than i did. what i do hate is when ppl at the front of the line let everyone and they momma cut. that happened to me with the miami vice lebrons. waited in line for 8 hours and struck out cuz a couple ppl in the front let about 15-20ppl cut the line :smh: thats that ish i don't like!

edit: on a side note, this is my 420th post..this calls for an after-work celebration :smokin :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
What is the point of this post? To not-so-subtly imply how "OG" you are?
Ok, I'll play - who remembers your friend's mom walking in on you with your hand down her daughter's pants after she had just given you and your friend a ride to buy the new Jordan VIIIs with the money you got from your first jobs?
Oh man, those were the days.
(They were though!)

Lol, my bad bro. You're too OG rofl

i remember the eastbay would get passed around the whole class, lol remember i use to add up everything i wanted on the calculator, short, jerseys, circle all the hot ****

Remember when kats usto rob people eastbay packages out they door step? haha  nig#z was looking fly in free eastbay gear lol

Those were the good old days.  But now 2000 seems so long ago....
tired.gif

Damn I'm getting old.

I remember gettin the book late, and still coppin weeks later with no probs.
Now, if u dont cop in the 1st min or so, u **** outa luck.
Its a ****** shame.

I remember like early middle school, me and my mans would go thru the magazine and pick one thing from each page that we would want to cop.

Last edited:
What is the point of this post? To not-so-subtly imply how "OG" you are?
Ok, I'll play - who remembers your friend's mom walking in on you with your hand down her daughter's pants after she had just given you and your friend a ride to buy the new Jordan VIIIs with the money you got from your first jobs?
Oh man, those were the days.
(They were though!)
:lol: Get those past dwellers.

Website=paypal clears in seconds=shoes arrive 1 week
Magazine=money order cleared in 1 week=shoes arrived 5 weeks

Last edited:
Wow i def do remember in Hs round 02-03 my boy would bring his copy to class and we would b/s about kicks ALLLL day def miss those days with hypebeast's around every corner ruining ir for everyone

they still had the,m in eastbay then? wow i havent seen J's in eastbay since 99.

I remember being able to call Eastbay and preordering a Jordan shoe before the release date.
Oh yeah, I remeber those days!!! No waiting in line or waiting for midnight to order on line. Call them up, give them a style code and they would tell you they were out of them, but that you could place a back order. You could do that a month or more in advance.:tongue: Did that for the XIs and the IIIs - mulitiple pairs too!!

Back
Top Bottom