Who should be the next coach of the Lakers?

Phillip's contract expires after next season. Who are the candidates to succeed him? Will they go out and find the best available coach or promote someone like Rambis? Not even sure what Rambis teaches, and he sucked in his first stint as HC.

Honestly, if they don't win the chip this season (and right now their defense will see that they don't), PJ should be fired. He'sgetting paid $12 million to sit in a massage chair. What is that staff teachin'? That's a ridiculous sum of money for a headcoach to be making. Cash him out and bring in someone who will take their jacket off during a game and bust out some neck veins.

I wouldn't mind JVG coaching the Lakers. He teaches defense, hustlin', bustin' that ***. You play defense first and thenscore. Forget Showtime. A 92-79 win is more impressive than this 118-109 foolery.

Share your thoughts.

I think at some point we'll see Byron Scott coaching the Lakers. After Phil leaves probably Rambis, but like we saw before players don't really takehim all that seriously. As far as firing Phil Jackson, that makes no sense at all. I'm sure his contract is guranteed so you'd have to pay him thatmoney anyways. there's also not one coach in the NBA right now that's on par with Phil.

I fully expect phil to be back, but when he eventually retires the clipboard, I'm pretty sure buss will hire within the staff

Originally Posted by AJ33

I think at some point we'll see Byron Scott coaching the Lakers. After Phil leaves probably Rambis, but like we saw before players don't really take him all that seriously. As far as firing Phil Jackson, that makes no sense at all. I'm sure his contract is guranteed so you'd have to pay him that money anyways. there's also not one coach in the NBA right now that's on par with Phil.

roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I love people who have no clue what goes on in the NBA and basketball in general and throw out statements left and right like their facts.

Phil's style of just sitting back the whole game and not once getting off his chair won't work anymore. It did in the previous era when players weremotivated and mature enough to realize their mistakes, and not to mention have a leader to break heads if their teammates were not on track.

With this new group of young guys, he needs to get out there and yell and know who is boss. Something tells me he is no different in practice either.

Having said all that....you can contrast him with Greg Poppovich...this guy had the worst and i mean WORST lineup for the first 15 games this season...Duncan +8-9 bums. literally no names, half the players i didnt even know were on the court. He turned them into quality role players, and solid contributors, gave themconfidence. But did it all through his strict and stern attitude that he has always had. Great record, and the spurs will only be a beast to reckon with downthe end. No way Phil would have done that.

better coaches i think then phil right now:

-Poppovich
-Rivers

I just don't see Phil doing anything, hes very inactive, and i cant take him serious.

Originally Posted by copped

Phil's style of just sitting back the whole game and not once getting off his chair won't work anymore. It did in the previous era when players were motivated and mature enough to realize their mistakes, and not to mention have a leader to break heads if their teammates were not on track.
QFT. As much as I hate KG and his chest pounding, when I saw him yelling at Big Baby, I said to myself, "THAT'S the reason thatthey're the defending champions." No one on the Lakers has the combination of being a floor general who leads by example and a locker room leader whocalls out players when they're not pulling their weight. As far as I can tell, Kobe is a floor general, but not a talker. Fish is a talker, butdefinitely not a floor general. Phil is off meditating. KG on the other hand is both. If you're on the Celtics and you're not playing with heart,you'll hear it from KG. If you're on the Lakers and you're not playing with heart, you'll probably end up a starter.

I think at some point we'll see Byron Scott coaching the Lakers. After Phil leaves probably Rambis, but like we saw before players don't really take him all that seriously. As far as firing Phil Jackson, that makes no sense at all. I'm sure his contract is guranteed so you'd have to pay him that money anyways. there's also not one coach in the NBA right now that's on par with Phil.

roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I love people who have no clue what goes on in the NBA and basketball in general and throw out statements left and right like their facts.

Phil's style of just sitting back the whole game and not once getting off his chair won't work anymore. It did in the previous era when players were motivated and mature enough to realize their mistakes, and not to mention have a leader to break heads if their teammates were not on track.

With this new group of young guys, he needs to get out there and yell and know who is boss. Something tells me he is no different in practice either.

Having said all that....you can contrast him with Greg Poppovich...this guy had the worst and i mean WORST lineup for the first 15 games this season...Duncan + 8-9 bums. literally no names, half the players i didnt even know were on the court. He turned them into quality role players, and solid contributors, gave them confidence. But did it all through his strict and stern attitude that he has always had. Great record, and the spurs will only be a beast to reckon with down the end. No way Phil would have done that.

-Poppovich
-Rivers

I just don't see Phil doing anything, hes very inactive, and i cant take him serious.
Word man, I respect Popovich so much and he doesn't get as much credit as he deserves. He turned Manu and Tony Parker into almost all stars.And gave Bruce Bowen a place where he can stay. If it wasn't for Pop, Manu would have been sent back to Argentina after 2 weeks in the NBA, Tony Parkerwould be Carlos Arroyo II, and Bruce Bowen would be riding the Greyhound bus going from city to city for a tryout.

Spurs2.jpg

wildcard goes to BSHAW!!! versatile big guard. well respected. looking around the league, he should get a look down the line.

Don Nelson would fit very well with the Lakers. A stud defensive coach. and he would implement Bynum beautifully down low.
pimp.gif
And proceed to put Radmonovicat center
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Do it Mitch!

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Phillip's contract expires after next season. Who are the candidates to succeed him? Will they go out and find the best available coach or promote someone like Rambis? Not even sure what Rambis teaches, and he sucked in his first stint as HC.

Honestly, if they don't win the chip this season (and right now their defense will see that they don't), PJ should be fired. He's getting paid $12 million to sit in a massage chair. What is that staff teachin'? That's a ridiculous sum of money for a head coach to be making. Cash him out and bring in someone who will take their jacket off during a game and bust out some neck veins.

I wouldn't mind JVG coaching the Lakers. He teaches defense, hustlin', bustin' that ***. You play defense first and then score. Forget Showtime. A 92-79 win is more impressive than this 118-109 foolery.

Share your thoughts.
no +@%@ sherlock, i would rather win by 13 than 9 any day of the week.

byron scott is one of the most overrated coaches in the league. He's just been blessed with two of the best point guards in the league to bail the team outof his inferior coaching.

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

QFT. As much as I hate KG and his chest pounding, when I saw him yelling at Big Baby, I said to myself, "THAT'S the reason that they're the defending champions." No one on the Lakers has the combination of being a floor general who leads by example and a locker room leader who calls out players when they're not pulling their weight. As far as I can tell, Kobe is a floor general, but not a talker. Fish is a talker, but definitely not a floor general. Phil is off meditating. KG on the other hand is both. If you're on the Celtics and you're not playing with heart, you'll hear it from KG. If you're on the Lakers and you're not playing with heart, you'll probably end up a starter.
very true
kevin garnett gets on his team when theyre not playing wit heart and no one on the lakers is really doing that

i think phil will resign but when hes officially gone, i think byron scott will be the next coach

Brian Shaw Or Byron Scott...

But phil will be around until he gets another ring (maybe 2)

PS. How do I get a team lakers sig?

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

QFT. As much as I hate KG and his chest pounding, when I saw him yelling at Big Baby, I said to myself, "THAT'S the reason that they're the defending champions." No one on the Lakers has the combination of being a floor general who leads by example and a locker room leader who calls out players when they're not pulling their weight. As far as I can tell, Kobe is a floor general, but not a talker. Fish is a talker, but definitely not a floor general. Phil is off meditating. KG on the other hand is both. If you're on the Celtics and you're not playing with heart, you'll hear it from KG. If you're on the Lakers and you're not playing with heart, you'll probably end up a starter.
Enter Odom and Gasol
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Having said all that....you can contrast him with Greg Poppovich...this guy had the worst and i mean WORST lineup for the first 15 games this season...Duncan + 8-9 bums. literally no names, half the players i didnt even know were on the court. He turned them into quality role players, and solid contributors, gave them confidence. But did it all through his strict and stern attitude that he has always had. Great record, and the spurs will only be a beast to reckon with down the end. No way Phil would have done that.

-Poppovich
-Rivers

Rivers is not a coach, hes a speech giver

did this guy seriously say doc rivers is a better coach than uncle phil?

phil is not a pound his chest screaming guy like some in the league. but he doesn't need to be.

plus he has fisher and kobe on the court being his megaphone anyway.

why are you talking about replacing phil when his team is a lock to win the west and probably shell whoever comes out of the east for the title?

don't shake things up when you have a core that can compete for a ring for the next 5 years.

op is not a smart dude, sorry to say. phil jackson is one of the main reasons the lakers are this good. why would they ever want to get rid of him? he willprobably come back after winning the championship this year. also how did doc rivers become such a great coach? you probably didnt think he was so good when hehad all those terrible teams a couple years back. if he was such a great coach he would have coached them to a respectable record
smh.gif

Rambis coaches when Phil is out, so he might get the nod.

Though shades of his '99 stint make me cautious.

Back
Top Bottom