Who Should Get The Role Of Marvel’s “Black Panther”?

Who Should Get The Role Of Marvel’s “Black Panther”?

• Chiwetel Ejiofo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Idris Elb

• Chadwick Boseman

• Michael B Jordan

• Other

• Total voters
If they went with that kind of origin I'd probably be on board with Boseman getting the role. Speaking of his sister,who would you guys have as Shuri? I could definitely see Lupita Nyong'o in that role

Going with Chadwick Boseman. Dude has the perfect build for the role. Also Derek Luke was in Captain America...rule him out as well.
He was in Cap as Gabe Jones during the WW2 part of the movie. That's going on 70 years ago. I don't think that's what's stopping him from being eligible. Could spin it like dude he played in Cap is a distant relative.
If they went with that kind of origin I'd probably be on board with Boseman getting the role. Speaking of his sister,who would you guys have as Shuri? I could definitely see Lupita Nyong'o in that role
I'm use to seeing Shuri with her BP mask on, can't recall what she looks like from memory so any fine black actress that can play the part well would be welcomed. I'd be down for Lupita can't have T'Chall be too light then though :lol:

Last edited:
Idk it MBJ has the grit for such an action character and he'll def have to bulk up. Like epic type bulk..but he should get the role. Makes sense marketing wise and hes the best actor imo

Bale wasn't 40 when the trilogy started. Wasn't even 40 when the last movie dropped. He JUST turned 40 as a matter of fact. :lol:

He was 37 when the TDR prolly stopped filming 38 when it made its debut.

Batman Begins was damn near 10 years ago bro.

Lyrix made a very valid point.

37 vs 41? Seriously? Isn't the Black Panther an African Chief....even 41 is young for a chief. The age excuse is weak imo.
The age thing has nothing to do with the story. It's more about how long these guys can play the role. Much better to get a guy in his 30s that can play the role for 15+ years (cuz movies are coming out like every 2 years so add solos with Avenger movies and what not) than a dude in his 40s who will age considerably by the time he's in his late 50s.

Marvel is just trying to avoid a problem they're having with RDJR now. He's in his late 50s and won't be able to do this more. There aint even gonna be anymore IM sequels for now until they sort everything out. They'd only consider an older actor is his celebrity would negate his longevity, hence why they're interested in Johnny Depp. aint no denying RDJR is a huge reason for Avengers being a billion dollar movie franchise and Depp would be a nice follow up to that. Look what he's done with Pirates.

37 vs 41? Seriously? Isn't the Black Panther an African Chief....even 41 is young for a chief. The age excuse is weak imo.

again, he was not 37 when Batman Begins was filmed.

That was 2005 when it dropped, June to be exact.

And it takes months after filming for the final product to get dropped, guarantee it took over 6 months in editing before it made its debut.

So that made it 10 years ago.

Which means he was 30ish when he made Batman Begins.

at this point not sure if srs or confirmation bias.

If this is a multi-film deal having an actor that can age with the character is a must.

Last edited:
How much you want to bet that he'll have the mask on for more than 95% of the movie.

Idk it MBJ has the grit for such an action character and he'll def have to bulk up. Like epic type bulk..but he should get the role. Makes sense marketing wise and hes the best actor imo
He's an excellent actor, but he's too light. I'm supposed to believe that someone with his complexion is the king of an African nation that has 0 contact with the outside world?

Ionno man did ya'll see Forrest Whittaker's left eye in The Last King of Scotland?

Electric performance by that eye.

again, he was not 37 when Batman Begins was filmed.

That was 2005 when it dropped, June to be exact.

And it takes months after filming for the final product to get dropped, guarantee it took over 6 months in editing before it made its debut.

So that made it 10 years ago.

Which means he was 30ish when he made Batman Begins.

at this point not sure if srs or confirmation bias.

If this is a multi-film deal having an actor that can age with the character is a must.

This dude was just itching to use the word "confirmation bias"

I still haven't gotten a good reason as to why Elba can't play the black panther.

Robert Downey Junior is 48

Hugh Jackman is 45
He's already has a ROLE IN THE THOR UNIVERSE. ODDS ARE THIS MOVIE WILL BE IN THE SAME UNIVERSE AS THOR/ The Avengers.
Jeez people can't read .

Didn't see any mention of him in Thor in this thread, so the whole "can't read" thing is stupid. You can say I may have skipped it, that's more appropriate. This is him in Thor....

View media item 792925

I mean does this really disqualify him from playing the black panther, what are the ODDS of this character and the black panther being in the same movie?

Don't matter bro he's already a Marvel character.

It'd **** my OCD all up.

Yea sorry we don't all have OCD. I'd understand if he were already a major character but he wasn't.

FINE,

Idris it is.

Just know that Whittaker's eye is tired of these snubs.

Still not over the being overlooked for Sauron's eye.

Last edited:
Y'all really need to get outta here with that Michael B. Jordan stuff. 1.) to the dismay of myself and others, he's Johnny Storm for the new F4 film. 2.) dude is about 15 years too young to be T'challa.

Will Smith could pull it off but hearing him trying to pull off an African accent would be :x

My guess is that they'll get a relatively unknown actor to play the role. The movie will be expensive enough, bringing a big budget actor on board might be a detriment to the film, especially considering that eventually he'll be an part of an ensemble of big budget actors

Last edited:
Y'all really need to get outta here with that Michael B. Jordan stuff. 1.) to the dismay of myself and others, he's Johnny Storm for the new F4 film. 2.) dude is about 15 years too young to be T'challa.

Will Smith could pull it off but hearing him trying to pull off an African accent would be :x

My guess is that they'll get a relatively unknown actor to play the role. The movie will be expensive enough, bringing a big budget actor on board might be a detriment to the film, especially considering that eventually he'll be an part of an ensemble of big budget actors

an unknown?

how bout Dayo Okeniyi? nah too young also huh?

wait why does he gotta be young? Wasn't Shaka Zulu young as hell?

Last edited:
Don't matter bro he's already a Marvel character.

It'd **** my OCD all up.

Yea sorry we don't all have OCD. I'd understand if he were already a major character but he wasn't.
I guess Heimdall doesn't matter . Right?
Nope.
How much you want to bet that he'll have the mask on for more than 95% of the movie.
The mask is cool but the rest of the Marvel movies constantly has guys like Cap and Iron Man with their mask/helmet off cuz they recognize this is about showing the faces of the actors. Plus none of these guys really have secret IDs. So it'll probably depend on if BP has one like he's had at times in the close or if he's openly going to be King T'Challa of Wakanda. I mean when he initially joined the Avengers he did so basically to spy on them.
The age thing has nothing to do with the story. It's more about how long these guys can play the role. Much better to get a guy in his 30s that can play the role for 15+ years (cuz movies are coming out like every 2 years so add solos with Avenger movies and what not) than a dude in his 40s who will age considerably by the time he's in his late 50s.

Marvel is just trying to avoid a problem they're having with RDJR now. He's in his late 50s and won't be able to do this more. There aint even gonna be anymore IM sequels for now until they sort everything out. They'd only consider an older actor is his celebrity would negate his longevity, hence why they're interested in Johnny Depp. aint no denying RDJR is a huge reason for Avengers being a billion dollar movie franchise and Depp would be a nice follow up to that. Look what he's done with Pirates.

Yea get a guy that can play the role for 15+ years, how often does that happen?

How many different people have played batman? No one is playing a role for 15 years dude, especially with a black superhero. I want it done well the first time, and I think Idris can pull it off.
**** Batman. This is Marvel.

If you have no faith since it's a black superhero then that's you.

RDJR has been Iron Man for going on 6 years now, when AOU comes out it'll be 7 and by the time Avengers 3 drops it'll probably be 9 years consisting of 6 movie appearances. 15 years aint really a reach. Just depends on how popular the character is.

Last edited:
FINE,

Idris it is.

LOL I mean  it doesn't have to be Idris but some of the excuses in here for him not being a good candidate are weak.

Anyhow we all need to discuss a Spawn remake. I hope it gets directed by Tarantino. :nerd:

New Spawn... Hell yes!

Directed by Tarantino.... >D Not so sure about that one.

a rated R spawn movie would be great, and if its successful they will probably green light the deadpool movie 
smokin.gif

Nope.

The mask is cool but the rest of the Marvel movies constantly has guys like Cap and Iron Man with their mask/helmet off cuz they recognize this is about showing the faces of the actors. Plus none of these guys really have secret IDs. So it'll probably depend on if BP has one like he's had at times in the close or if he's openly going to be King T'Challa of Wakanda. I mean when he initially joined the Avengers he did so basically to spy on them.

**** Batman. This is Marvel.

If you have no faith since it's a black superhero then that's you.

RDJR has been Iron Man for going on 6 years now, when AOU comes out it'll be 7 and by the time Avengers 3 drops it'll probably be 9 years consisting of 6 movie appearances. 15 years aint really a reach. Just depends on how popular the character is.

RDJR started the series in his 40s
And at that time Iron Man was a risk and no guarantee to be the franchise it is now. So add in RDJR's status at the time there were no high expectations.
And I have no faith in a black superhero played by one character reaching 15 years cause even white actors can't pull that off.
This is not about pulling something off. This is simply if the actor (and studio) wants too. Bale would've still been Batman now if Nolan was on board and he spent 7 years as the Bat and had the Raimi Spider-Man kept going Tobey would've been Spider-Man well over 10 years given Raimi was planning Spider-Man 4,5 and 6.

This has more to do with how long the studio wants to do it than if the actor can pull it off.

Roger Moore was James Bond for 12 years. Had they not ****** up with Connery he would've been Bond for 9 years straight.

Last edited:
a rated R spawn movie would be great, and if its successful they will probably green light the deadpool movie :smokin

I believe the 97 Spawn film was originally PG-13 but got bumped up to R later on during its release.

Either way the HBO animated series was better than the film. Too bad they never finished it.

The obvious answer here is Ben Affleck.
But if he's not available, "Other". Michael B. Jordan doesn't have the gravitas to play Black Panther (maybe in about 10 years). Idris could play the part, but he's already Heimdall (yes a minor role but doubtful that the execs will allow him to double dip). Who Boseman? Chi O. could almost swing it, but I just don't see him as the Panther.

FINE,

Idris it is.

LOL I mean  it doesn't have to be Idris but some of the excuses in here for him not being a good candidate are weak.

Anyhow we all need to discuss a Spawn remake. I hope it gets directed by Tarantino. :nerd:

Nah! Tarantino would have that fat clown calling Spawn the N word within the first ten minutes

How old are some of you expecting t'challa to be?

I think the should tell the story told in 'the ultimate avengers 2'.. Where he starts out as prince and is just returning to wakanda from being sent off to school

T'chaka is killed pretty early and t'challa ascends to the throne and faces whatever threat just killed his father

Back
Top Bottom