Who will win the Johan Santana sweepstakes?!?!?!

man the yankees give money to these cheap owners who instead of using that money to put it back into their team, they use it for their personal use. all youcomplaining fans are victims to your owners all being donald sterling in his prime pre-cassell era...look at the pirates what a disgrace, instead of buildingtheir team up, they decide to build state of the art stadiums...instead of marketing baseball the game they make it as if fans are going into these amusementparks....damn the game.......so please kiss the rings (yea all 26 of em) and pay homage to an organization that is prided on winning at all cost.

If he's not back with my Twins, whoever he goes to can expect a BIG year from him. Twins gave him very little run support last season. If it were up to meand there was no option for Santana to come back, I'd try to form some kind of deal where David Wright ends up in a Twins uniform. 3rd base hole is solved.

man the yankees give money to these cheap owners who instead of using that money to put it back into their team, they use it for their personal use. all you complaining fans are victims to your owners all being donald sterling in his prime pre-cassell era...look at the pirates what a disgrace, instead of building their team up, they decide to build state of the art stadiums...instead of marketing baseball the game they make it as if fans are going into these amusement parks....damn the game.......so please kiss the rings (yea all 26 of em) and pay homage to an organization that is prided on winning at all cost.
You make a good point about the cheapskate owners, but when you then puff your chest cause you are the almighty yankees you kinda look lame itgets old. You've been there too man. Yanks went 13 straight seasons w/o making the playoffs before their run started in 1995. Yes kids, 13 straight.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

LOL @ the Mets not having top notch prospects, they have some damn good ones in Lastings, Pelf, Mulvey, F Martinez, and even someone like Gomez.

With that said, I hope the Mets don't get him.....he will deplete the farm (we've developed some top players in baseball the past few yrs...word to Wright, Reyes, Kazmir, etc) and they will have to overpay for him.

They should stick with getting either Haren from the A's, or tha young lefty from Baltimore, who had better stats than Santana last season (forgot his name @ the moment).

Santana is also at that age where the typical pitching injuries will occur the next few seasons.

You are exactly right man. Its intresting u said that. cause in my class today was talking to my friend whos a mets fan as well and i said the future ofthe mets team is looking good with pelfrey milledge gomez and mulvey. I would rather just give up humber and milledge for dan haren or something. I dont wannasee omar minaya trade gomez or pelfrey, both are going to be really good in acouple years

Pelfrey and Milledge...their value has gone down a lot imo

I think the Yanks can put together the best deal with hughes, melky and others

Ironic though that it's the reason they haven't won since 2000

Low blow allen........Low blow
smh.gif
frown.gif

laugh.gif

You make a good point about the cheapskate owners, but when you then puff your chest cause you are the almighty yankees you kinda look lame it gets old. You've been there too man. Yanks went 13 straight seasons w/o making the playoffs before their run started in 1995. Yes kids, 13 straight.

That doesn't matter b/c a lot of Yankee fans didn't become Yank fans until 1996 - 2000....They don't know about life pre- Joe Torre

laugh.gif

it's true though

Mo, DJ, Pettitie, Bernie, etc...home grown

role players like Brosious, Curtis, Spencer etc ,etc

I don't blame them for spending money on stars now tho, because constructing a team like they did is incredibly difficult

And if they tried again, they could fall flat on their face and not even be in contention, for anything

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

LOL @ the Mets not having top notch prospects, they have some damn good ones in Lastings, Pelf, Mulvey, F Martinez, and even someone like Gomez.

With that said, I hope the Mets don't get him.....he will deplete the farm (we've developed some top players in baseball the past few yrs...word to Wright, Reyes, Kazmir, etc) and they will have to overpay for him.

They should stick with getting either Haren from the A's, or tha young lefty from Baltimore, who had better stats than Santana last season (forgot his name @ the moment).

Santana is also at that age where the typical pitching injuries will occur the next few seasons.
I agree, I don't wanna break the bank to get anyone. We really need 2 reliable starters and some leadership which often gets overlooked. I'dtake Haren or Willis. I don't think Beddard from the Orioles is available but I'd take him too.

i like how all of you act like every fan is just on the band wagon or somethin....like if we aint have a consistant fan base.....since you think all we knoabout is jeter, posada, mo etc. lemme put you up on a few names......luis polonia, danny tartabull, roberto kelly, steve sax, jim abbot, randy valarde just toname a few

oh yea we havent won nothin since 2000.....keep on following the espn hype machine....since 2000 we won 2 penants, 6 division titles and havent missed theplayoffs once.....even tho we havent won a title i bet all your lil small market leaches would love to have that resume for your entire existance

As far as what has been earned since 2000:
Angels > Yankees

As far as who has beaten who more since 2000 (actually, since 1996):
Angels > Yankees

So...
my small market team > your large market team

smile.gif

*waits for the history card to be pulled*

man the yankees give money to these cheap owners who instead of using that money to put it back into their team, they use it for their personal use. all you complaining fans are victims to your owners all being donald sterling in his prime pre-cassell era...look at the pirates what a disgrace, instead of building their team up, they decide to build state of the art stadiums...instead of marketing baseball the game they make it as if fans are going into these amusement parks....damn the game.......so please kiss the rings (yea all 26 of em) and pay homage to an organization that is prided on winning at all cost.
Not exactly. Large market teams can spend because they are (gasp), in larger markets. The worst part is, it isn't even like a free economy,because if a smaller market wanted to move to a NY or Chicago, MLB would block the move. So these smaller teams are handcuffed to the city that doesn'tbring in as much revenue, yet the owners are NOT free to leave. So it isn't quite as simple as you make it out to be, but nice try.

The Los Angeles Angels of Anahein of California of the United States of The World of the Universe are considered a small market team?

I never really looked at their spending habits.

ok so you werent small market when you had salmon, finley, percival, anderson etc. , so what you would have 25 ny and chicago teams do you want that?

RitchDad wrote

oh yea we havent won nothin since 2000.....keep on following the espn hype machine....since 2000 we won 2 penants, 6 division titles and havent missed the playoffs once.....even tho we havent won a title i bet all your lil small market leaches would love to have that resume for your entire existance
*cough 200 million payroll cough*

I will be extremely depressed if Cy 'Franchise' Hughes is traded for Santana.

Cano, Phil, and Joba are UNTOUCHABLE

Everyone else is fair game.

Edit- I think we'll ultimately get him because it sounds like the Red Sox just want to drive up Santanas price and they have no intentions of tradingBucholz or Ellsbury (despite what the media may tell you) Theo Epsteins history indicates he will not make such a move. If Melky is traded, we have 2 studs inthe minors for the outfield. One of them has been compared to a young Manny Ramirez by scouts (Tabata). Only problem is they are 1 or 2 years away. Kennedy isvery overrated right now and his stock is at an all time high and if we can get away with trading him instead of Hughes it would be
pimp.gif

The Angels are in on Cabrera right now so I doubt they're getting him. The Mets best prospects wouldnt even land Santana (despite what Mets fans will tellyou) Their best right now is on the level of lower tier yankee guys like Horne and Kennedy. The value of Milledge and Pelfrey is very low right now and theyshould probably keep the other guys like Gomez around because then they'll have nothing in the minors.

RitchDad wrote:
ok so you werent small market when you had salmon, finley, percival, anderson etc. , so what you would have 25 ny and chicago teams do you want that?
"so what you would have 25 ny and chicago teams do you want that?"

I would respond to that, but I have no idea what that even means.

that wasnt aimed towards you.....that was aimed towards the dude that said that the owners are handcuffed frommoving teams to ny and chicago

Back
Top Bottom