Who y'all think have the Best/Worst ear for beats?

Nas beats really aint all that bad

He rap over those throwback late 80's early 90's type beats that alots cats may not like

Nas is my favorite mc so I'm probably a little bias but I don't think his beats are that awful for the most part. He can be hit or miss but the beats rarely take away from the song imo.

Ras Kass is my all time vote, I'm still waiting for an accappella of Soul on Ice to drop so somebody make a version worthy of the rapping on that album.

Nas beats really aint all that bad

He rap over those throwback late 80's early 90's type beats that alots cats may not like
Oh yes the hell they are. Sometimes an obscure or less popular Nas song will come up on my Ipod and I won't immediately recognize it. The beat will come in and my hand is instantly to the skip button. But usually before I can skip it I realize its a Nas track and let it spin lol. His beats are generally forgettable. As opposed to say Jay-Z. I can identify probably every song in Jay-Z's catalog off the beat alone.
Nas is my favorite mc so I'm probably a little bias but I don't think his beats are that awful for the most part. He can be hit or miss but the beats rarely take away from the song imo.

Ras Kass is my all time vote, I'm still waiting for an accappella of Soul on Ice to drop so somebody make a version worthy of the rapping on that album.
Beats may not take away from the song, but what do they add? Very little if anything.

Last edited:

Beats may not take away from the song, but what do they add? Very little if anything.
It goes both ways, I can name at least 10 dudes off top who get carried by their beats

laugh.gif
 ****** ain't checking for that new Flocka to hear him spit double entendre's 

Off the top

Best : lil b
Took way too long for the Based God to be mentioned. Ear for beats is crazy (when he's not intentionally trying to rap over some crazy, odd sounding beat)
Yeah dude slipped my mind I can rock with Lil B tho

He can fill up a tape with nice beats from dudes you've never heard of and prolly won't again after the tape 
laugh.gif

Took way too long for the Based God to be mentioned. Ear for beats is crazy (when he's not intentionally trying to rap over some crazy, odd sounding beat)

Took too long..? He was third lol

1 berner, 2 yung lean, 3 lil b

Oh yes the hell they are. Sometimes an obscure or less popular Nas song will come up on my Ipod and I won't immediately recognize it. The beat will come in and my hand is instantly to the skip button. But usually before I can skip it I realize its a Nas track and let it spin lol. His beats are generally forgettable. As opposed to say Jay-Z. I can identify probably every song in Jay-Z's catalog off the beat alone.

Dude kills me trying to talk like he's above good beats...that's a major knock I have against Nas. 

Don't care how lyrical you are. 

Nas shoulda stuck with Premier and Large Professor. Their beats fit him perfect.
Life is Good is so wack to me now. 

That's one CD by Nas that I don't even rock with anymore. 

When dudes say Nas is on dust its not hard to believe sometimes when you hear his beat selection. 

Last edited:
Nas shoulda stuck with Premier and Large Professor. Their beats fit him perfect.

Life is Good is so wack to me now. 

That's one CD by Nas that I don't even rock with anymore. 

When dudes say Nas is on dust its not hard to believe sometimes when you hear his beat selection. 
idk how u can say the album is WACK to u now
even if u dont like the some of the beats there are a few GREAT ones that compliment him well
bye baby
Stay...............which is my personal fav
the don
nasty of course
back when
even daughters
u REALLY think its a wack album?????

i wanna see a nas album with 3-4 no id beats and like 2 justice league beats and throw in a 40 beat and MAYBE 1 swizz or timb beat as long as they aint on the hook

Last edited:
even if u dont like the some of the beats there are a few GREAT ones that compliment him well
bye baby
the don
nasty of course
back when
even daughters

i wanna see a nas album with 3-4 no id beats and like 2 justice league beats and throw in a 40 beat and MAYBE 1 swizz or timb beat as long as they aint on the hook
I'll give you stay. All those other beats are trash. 

Nas has wasted so many years spitting on wack beats...
mean.gif

All we needed was the Premo album, a few joints with Pete Rock, RZA, 9th. What makes it even sadder is that RZA and 9th gave this guy beats and he never used them.  

mean.gif

But then he'll put 2-3 wack *** tracks with Salaam on the album, or some other garbage producer, and then the excuse Nas gives is he needs a clear canvas or some ****...foh. Dude hasn't worked with Large Pro in forever, but he can spit some bs on locomotive as a hype man, but he can't get one of his beats on the album? 

Clear canvas my ***. Terrible ear for beats. 

Then Premo comes out this week and says...yeah Nas has one more album to give Def Jam and then we're going in on the joint album...
grin.gif

Yeah right. 

Last edited:

bye baby

the don

nasty of course

back when

even daughters

I'll give you stay. All those other beats are trash. 

Nas has wasted so many years spitting on wack beats...:smh:

All we needed was the Premo album, a few joints with Pete Rock, RZA, 9th. What makes it even sadder is that RZA and 9th gave this guy beats and he never used them.  

:smh:

But then he'll put 2-3 wack *** tracks with Salaam on the album, or some other garbage producer, and then the excuse Nas gives is he needs a clear canvas or some ****...foh. Dude hasn't worked with Large Pro in forever, but he can spit some bs on locomotive as a hype man, but he can't get one of his beats on the album? 

Clear canvas my ***. Terrible ear for beats. 

Then Premo comes out this week and says...yeah Nas has one more album to give Def Jam and then we're going in on the joint album...>D

Yeah right. 
:lol:
nas really got u mad with his beat selection
understandable though
i just think he prefers his lyrics to be the upfront thing instead of his beats im guessing

Hear me out... Chief Keef is a terrible rapper. I cannot even understand anything he says, it's all just a bunch of mumbling to me. But I do really like some of his beats..

Back
Top Bottom