Whoa! Charles Barkley said Sheed could've been the BEST EVER?!?

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

DETROIT-Pistons forward Rasheed Wallace awoke from the greatest dream Monday morning, in which he was in an NBA game, and he took off his headband and started using it as a slingshot, and everyone kept passing him the ball, but the balls were smaller than usual, or maybe his headband was bigger, and he kept slinging the balls into the hoop from a hundred feet away and he scored a million billion points, Wallace reported Monday. "I remember I was playing against the Celtics-except Paul Pierce, like, became Allen Iverson somehow, and my father was on their team for some reason-and my headband stretched across the whole court, and when I shot the balls from it, they all automatically went in, and then the floor started glowing," Wallace explained to reporters. "Also, I figured out this thing called the backwards dunk, where you dunk through the bottom of the rim, and the refs give you a thousand points for figuring out the secret. Oh, and the court was my house." Wallace said he cannot wait to try using his headband as a slingshot in a real game.
HAHAHAHA.
I laughed soooo hard when i read that.. i can just imagine him tellin reporters that story
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by BaronDavis5

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Chris Webber > Rasheed Wallace
Derrick Coleman > Rasheed Wallace
Tim Duncan > Rasheed Wallace
Earvin Johnson > Rasheed Wallace

Sheed > all 4 of those players mentioned along with Karl Malone.

That would be if Sheed actually focused on his game. Dude could easily be one of the greatest players.
roll.gif

If Sheed focused, he'd be the best passing PF of all time, the greatest scoring PF all time, and win 4+championships?

Please stop regurgitating comments made by others.

Rasheed Wallace is a good player, but i've never EVER labeled him as "great". He's never averaged more than 20 a game, averaged 8 or more RPGjust TWICE, and shoots 3's like a swingman, and he's in a discussion for greatest PF of all time?

Buck Williams > Rasheed Wallace.

The key is, of course, COULD HAVE. He can do it all, he has height, he can hit threes, he can defend, he can shoot free throws, he can block shots. Jumpersfades, hooks, shakes. He even runs reasonably fast.

He COULD have

Derrick Coleman would be in his 40's....

Derrick Coleman (statistically) was > Sheed.....

IMO, Longevity does not equate to someone being immune to having the label of "waste of talent."
Maybe we're on two different pages. If you want to compare careers, I'm still taking Sheed. Coleman played 15 seasons with Sheed currentlyin his 13th. Coleman had better career averages, not by a lot, but what does he have to show for it? Coleman averaged about 50 games per season and was only inabout 30 playoff games. Wallace has well over 120 playoff appearances and has only missed around 120 career basketball games.

It's not about longevity here. It's about wanting to be out on the court. Sure neither one exceeded expectations but Coleman was the biggerdisappointment. At least Sheed showed he wanted to be on the court competing. That's more than Coleman can say. Coleman was a ghost when the new centuryrolled in.

I just don't think Sheed is a "waste of talent" when he's out on the court making all-star teams, winning playoff games and getting a ring. Ifeel you on "waste of potential," but not "waste of talent."

Real-talk

Originally Posted by BaronDavis5

Sheed > all 4 of those players mentioned along with Karl Malone.

That would be if Sheed actually focused on his game. Dude could easily be one of the greatest players.

my goodness
roll.gif

Derrick Coleman was better than Wallace he had a better inside and outside game he wasn't constantly getting thrown out of games either. DC played vsbetter players better teams and real centers. Wallace benifits from playing on some of the better teams in a wattered down NBA and a league with little to nogreat big men with tons of help around him. While DC played on team that had no shot of contending he personally step his game up in the playoffs. AlsoSheeds tantrums often cause him to be as much as a hurt as he was a help.

Kevin Ganett > Rasheed Wallace
Shawn Kemp > Rasheed Wallace
Larry Johnson > Rasheed Wallace

Could've would've should've. If Kwame Brown had a better work ethic he'd be better than Tim Duncan. If T-Mac's eye wasn't crooked,he'd get out of the first round...

I never understood these arguments, everyone has potential but as fans we can only respect those that fulfill their potential.

I love Chuck for entertainment value but 90% of the time his analysis is turrrible. Remember when he said the Indiana Pacers would win the East afteracquiring Mike Dunleavy and Troy Murphy? Uh huh...

I always liked Sheed's game. When you look at the PFs in the league in the past 25 years you could see skill wise he is advanced. He just doesn't havethat focus and killer instinct everyone talks about.

Same could be said about Tracy McGrady.

Could've would've should've. If Kwame Brown had a better work ethic he'd be better than Tim Duncan. If T-Mac's eye wasn't crooked, he'd get out of the first round...

Damn. Coldblooded.
laugh.gif

He just don't want to be that man, the franchise player.
Whatever, his roll right now works well and he won a championship.
I'm sure he's happy.

I think he could be top 10 if he put his mind to it, but no way in hell could he be best player in the L.

Let him become the best player on his team first. Talent is one thing, but c'mon.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

he's right. NO other PF had Sheed's inside outside skills...post game....defensive game (when he wanted to)....it's been said that if you put MJ, Magic or Bird's brain in his body, he coulda been the greatest...

Sheed on the low block into a fadeaway is one of the best sights to see in the game AND his shot is unblockable.

You put MJ's brain in any decent players body, they will be the best ever
laugh.gif

how does he do that low-block and then fadeaway, the way he does it, it just looks so easy, but its so much harder when you actually try it yourself

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Could've would've should've. If Kwame Brown had a better work ethic he'd be better than Tim Duncan. If T-Mac's eye wasn't crooked, he'd get out of the first round...

I never understood these arguments, everyone has potential but as fans we can only respect those that fulfill their potential.

I love Chuck for entertainment value but 90% of the time his analysis is turrrible. Remember when he said the Indiana Pacers would win the East after acquiring Mike Dunleavy and Troy Murphy? Uh huh...

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Damn. Coldblooded.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
Thats classic. But on topic, Sheed' definietly could have done more with histalent, in my opinion. He has always, voluntarily, deferred to others on his teams and that lack-of-killer instinct really cost him some stats/recognition. Ifhe had a coach that MADE him play to his strengths, things would be better...

Barkley said he'd pick AK47 as his franchise player a few years back.

Dude says a lot of things... is like an annual thing.

Originally Posted by 1D

Derrick Coleman was better than Wallace he had a better inside and outside game he wasn't constantly getting thrown out of games either. DC played vs better players better teams and real centers. Wallace benifits from playing on some of the better teams in a wattered down NBA and a league with little to no great big men with tons of help around him. While DC played on team that had no shot of contending he personally step his game up in the playoffs. Also Sheeds tantrums often cause him to be as much as a hurt as he was a help.

Kevin Ganett > Rasheed Wallace
Shawn Kemp > Rasheed Wallace
Larry Johnson > Rasheed Wallace

yo, sheed played against shaq. IN HIS PRIME. Sheed also has been consistently playing against arguably the greatist PF ever in tim duncan. toss in KG,and webber at one point. so i just listed 4 really good (i wont say great, cause it gets tossed around a lot) big men.

Sheed, Odumb, and Tim Thomas. Tall players with all the skills in the world who cant lead a team to save their lives.

Back
Top Bottom