Whoa! Charles Barkley said Sheed could've been the BEST EVER?!?

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

no way this dude could even be the best player in the league right now. who cares if hes got talent he just cant be the best player. thats like saying mark madsen could be an all star, he just doesnt have the "it" factor

Mark Madsen an all-star that is CRAZY. Sheed is one of the best PF in the NBA and he has the best skill set of every PF in the League right now. He isalmost unstoppable but at times he does not apply himself and that is his problem.

Sheed has all of the tools to be the best ever just never the desire.. There's practically nothing he can't do on the court..
He's done plenty in his career but could've done a whole f'n lot more if he just ever wanted to be THAT player..

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Charles Barkley says a lot of things....

Sheed & DC are two of the biggest wastes of talent the NBA has seen from the 4 spot in quite some time....more so, Derrick Coleman.
$%%! out of here with this. How is Sheed a waste of talent?

Dude was an all star this year. He just happens to play his position, in the sense that he's not going out there trying to dominate the game. All of thePiston players sacrifice their individual games for the TEAM.

Check his rings son. No "waste" there.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Could've would've should've. If Kwame Brown had a better work ethic he'd be better than Tim Duncan. If T-Mac's eye wasn't crooked, he'd get out of the first round...

I never understood these arguments, everyone has potential but as fans we can only respect those that fulfill their potential.

I love Chuck for entertainment value but 90% of the time his analysis is turrrible. Remember when he said the Indiana Pacers would win the East after acquiring Mike Dunleavy and Troy Murphy? Uh huh...

I totally agree.

Plus I have never seen Sheed be able to put it on the floor either.

Now Sheed has more skills than Tim Duncan?

Absurd statement.

I mean his post game this and his post game that...and then he misses a chippie the other night to tie the game....guess he wasn't 'focused' enough

Yes. And the funniest part is, my brother and cousin had that EXACT conversation about a month and a half ago. We shared the same sentiments.
I think alot of true basketball fans have talked about this. I know me and my people did.

I have a question then...

Do yall believe Steph coulda been an all time great PG??

Cause if you wana talk skill sets, strength, speed and athleticism...

But we know that not to be true, because he's missing parts of his game on and off the floor....same with Sheed...that are apart of what make you anathlete.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Charles Barkley says a lot of things....

Sheed & DC are two of the biggest wastes of talent the NBA has seen from the 4 spot in quite some time....more so, Derrick Coleman.
$%%! out of here with this. How is Sheed a waste of talent?

Dude was an all star this year. He just happens to play his position, in the sense that he's not going out there trying to dominate the game. All of the Piston players sacrifice their individual games for the TEAM.

Check his rings son. No "waste" there.
When you look at his skill-set and the things he could have done, he ain't getting the most out of his abilities. You have a 6'11" 2504/5 who doesn't even average 7 boards a night for his career. His ceiling for potential was so high when he came out of UNC. Dude was unstoppable on thelow block, shot a high FG%, and was rebounding at a high clip. What happened once he got to the NBA? He fell in-love with taking 3's, and kept driftingfurther and further away from the basket. But I guess since he has a ring and made a few all-star teams, your argument is validated. Stick to arguing 3rdBass and scoundscans.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Christian Laettner > Rasheed Wallace
Laettner's boyfriend doesn't even believe this.

Best ever is a stretch but Sheed could have gone down as ONE of the better players of his generation.

You have a 6'11" 250 4/5 who doesn't even average 7 boards a night for his career.
What's the reasoning for this though? He's never been a great rebounder, even at UNC he had 8 game his last year...good, but nothinggreat. Or when his career started, being in the paint...not very good rebounding numbers.

Bad positioning or just laziness?

And Isn't that part of your skill set? To me positioning is...

Originally Posted by allen3xis

You have a 6'11" 250 4/5 who doesn't even average 7 boards a night for his career.
What's the reasoning for this though? He's never been a great rebounder, even at UNC he had 8 game his last year...good, but nothing great. Or when his career started, being in the paint...not very good rebounding numbers.

Bad positioning or just laziness?

And Isn't that part of your skill set? To me positioning is...

That's a damn good question....

also, to some extent I think many don't feel like Sheed got the most out of his abilities (waste of talent IMO), hence the comment from Barkley.....

, to some extent I think many don't feel like Sheed got the most out of his abilities
I agree. Although I still don't view a focused Sheed as an all time great...his numbers and impact could have been greater

With the ring argument...he coulda been the lead guy or #2 on a title team instead of a piece to the puzzle

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Originally Posted by dreClark

Christian Laettner > Rasheed Wallace
Laettner's boyfriend doesn't even believe this.

Best ever is a stretch but Sheed could have gone down as ONE of the better players of his generation.

roll.gif

Yeah, but this whole thing about Being the greatest of all time??? Ehh, I dunno.

Definitely would have been one of the greatest PF's of all time and one of the most versatile players we have seen in quite some time....

If only he gave a %*!%.....
Just like a Tar Heel....

Shawn Bradley coulda been the best player ever if he was stronger, play offense, play defense without getting dunked on, and not be such as wimp...

coulda, woulda, shoulda, it didn't happen.

I have a question then...

Do yall believe Steph coulda been an all time great PG??

Cause if you wana talk skill sets, strength, speed and athleticism...

But we know that not to be true, because he's missing parts of his game on and off the floor....same with Sheed...that are apart of what make you an athlete.

Yea but Steph never improved during his time in the NBA his skills stayed the same untill he started to get slower. As a guard you have to be a leader andSteph can't even lead himself what makes you think he can lead a team. Unlike Steph Sheed has a ring and was the missing peace to a team winning a ringSteph will never be that player.

Originally Posted by JoeBonnano

Yes. And the funniest part is, my brother and cousin had that EXACT conversation about a month and a half ago. We shared the same sentiments.
thats not funny...barkley has said this about a year ago, maybe even earlier...

Now Sheed has more skills than Tim Duncan?

Absurd statement.

I mean his post game this and his post game that...and then he misses a chippie the other night to tie the game....guess he wasn't 'focused' enough

how is it a absurd statement? I think TD it he best PF of all time but in skills each player has sheed has way more then TD.

Barkley says a lot of things, but he's never completely wrong. I think Sheed is an amazing talent. I don't want to say he doesn't have the desire,because he gets pumped for every game (hence the technicals) but I think his issue is mental fortitude. He just doesn't focus on what he needs to do for 40minutes a game, he gets distracted.

Barkley's coming on Colin Cowherd's ESPN radio show in a minute! Always love listening to him.

Yeah I agree with Charles. Sheed is probably a top-20 PF of all-time right now.....had he had a different mindset, he could have been a top 5-10.

i dont even have him top 3 right now ... 4th best maybe 5

*Amare
*Duncan
*Garnett

*Dirk

dude just has a good range for a PF

btw Vin Baker>Rasheed Wallace
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom