Who's buying NBA League Pass this year? All 30 teams or 5 teams?

The Xbox app is going to have all games in HD? How much is Xbox Live Gold hittin' for these days? I need Gold in order to get league pass, right?
I dont think you need gold. I'm going to end up buying it there so I'll let you know. Gold is $60 but from time to time they run a special for $35

Last edited:
The Xbox app is going to have all games in HD? How much is Xbox Live Gold hittin' for these days? I need Gold in order to get league pass, right?
I dont think you need gold. I'm going to end up buying it there so I'll let you know. Gold is $60 but from time to time they run a special for $35

I re-newed Gold for $45 last month from Amazon. Check there first. MeloFan15 thanks for the great info, I'll never miss another Heat came if I'm away from home. :smokin

The IP thing is only going to work if you have the broadband pass. I dont think theres any way to get them to stop blacking out the games on my actual cable box. But if there is a way to spoof my IP on the XBOX someone is going to have to hook me up with that just incase they want to black out Knicks games still. But It looks like all games are in HD on the XBOX app so that is most likely a go this year. Plus while I was messing with it yesterday it looks like you can go side by side with 2 games. So thats a nice little feature too. This app might be the goods. Much better than the actually ordering it through Comcast from what I can see.
If you're able to watch games on your cable box then you have access to broadband also, which means you can watch on your computer and spoof your IP there.

I had NBA League Pass last season. I had the pick 5 option and I gotta say though its nice... most of the games get blacked out! If a game is on a major tv network, it will be blacked out on league pass. If you look at the schedule for your team, I'm pretty sure most of the games your favorite team plays will be on a tv network in which case you'll be paying all that money to only catch a few games on league pass. Not worth it in my opinion and probably will just stream the games from atdhenet or something similar. 

I had NBA League Pass last season. I had the pick 5 option and I gotta say though its nice... most of the games get blacked out! If a game is on a major tv network, it will be blacked out on league pass. If you look at the schedule for your team, I'm pretty sure most of the games your favorite team plays will be on a tv network in which case you'll be paying all that money to only catch a few games on league pass. Not worth it in my opinion and probably will just stream the games from atdhenet or something similar. 

Then don’t pick five teams that are on national TV a lot lol. For example, including NBATV appearances, Miami, OKC, Lakers, Clippers are each on national TV 30+ times. Granted some of those are against each other, but the point is they are on TV so much that it’d be a waste to pick them as LP teams.

The point of LP (at least how I view it) is to watch young/exciting/up-and-coming teams that don’t get much national exposure. You’ll still get to watch them play against the elite teams.

If I do the broadband streaming will I be able to share the log-in info w/ someone else and will each of us be able to watch a different game (2 different teams from the 5 we choose)? I'm trying to split the cost w/ one of my boys. We are in different states if that matters.

If I do the broadband streaming will I be able to share the log-in info w/ someone else and will each of us be able to watch a different game (2 different teams from the 5 we choose)? I'm trying to split the cost w/ one of my boys. We are in different states if that matters.

I have international league pass cause I live in Canada. When me and my bro tried it, it logged us out from one of the computers. Don't know if it's any different in the States.

I think I'll get it, but I have a few questions. I'd only be getting broadband because I don't want to pay 100 dollars a month for cable.

1. With broadband League Pass can I DVR games, or can I only watch them live? 

2. I'll mostly be interested in watching Knicks games. Will any of these be blacked out? Will I need to have a specific internet provider?

I think I'll get it, but I have a few questions. I'd only be getting broadband because I don't want to pay 100 dollars a month for cable.

1. With broadband League Pass can I DVR games, or can I only watch them live? 
2. I'll mostly be interested in watching Knicks games. Will any of these be blacked out? Will I need to have a specific internet provider?

For blackouts, just call and see what's up. As long as you're not in the market, they won't be blacked out.

Yeah, I'll be watching from Brooklyn, and I know there's all the Comcast vs Time Warner **** to think about. If I get Verizon internet or something will that effect it?

Yeah, see that's the problem. I'll be watching from Brooklyn, and I know there all the stuff with Comcast and the Knicks and Time Warner, so I'm concerned. If I pay for it then I want to see every Knicks game regardless of what channel it's airing on. Also, will my brand of internet make a difference? 

Last edited:
Does anyone know for sure whether or not you need Xbox Live Gold for League Pass? I want all HD channels... but don't want to switch my cable service from Comcast.

Does anyone know for sure whether or not you need Xbox Live Gold for League Pass? I want all HD channels... but don't want to switch my cable service from Comcast.

I would think you would because you need Gold to use all the apps as far as I know. I'm waiting for these a holes to activate my LP Broadband, as soon as they do I can let you guys know the deal.

does this really work? anyone doing this?

I was reading the reviews on the Google Play Store for this, and it seems like right now, this years version you can't watch games through wifi. Anyone have it this year to confirm?

They need a redzone for the nba. But it I'll just be dunk highlights, and probably led to epilepsy.

I have international league pass cause I live in Canada. When me and my bro tried it, it logged us out from one of the computers. Don't know if it's any different in the States.

Everyone tries this cus of the stupid price of the service for international customers and after 2-3 mins you get logged out and after a while if you keep trying it asks you to reset your password. Waste of time really if you want to watch live games youll never have any peace.

For me I dont really get to watch live games so I just download the games i want and forget about this service.

They need a redzone for the nba. But it I'll just be dunk highlights, and probably led to epilepsy.

Seriously, watch Game Night. It's the closest the NBA gets to the Red Zone. They do live look-ins to every game and show all close 4th quarter games.

I would think you would because you need Gold to use all the apps as far as I know. I'm waiting for these a holes to activate my LP Broadband, as soon as they do I can let you guys know the deal.
I've had league pass for several years now and not one year has my info. been sent from my cable company to NBA LP. Each year I'd have to send in my bill to show I had purchased LP. I just switched to Comcast from a regional provider so I hope that is not the case this year.

FYI- Xbox gold is required.

Last edited:
I finally had my account activated and the Xbox app is the truth. :smokin I took some pics and I think this is 720p, I don't think I will even watch on my cable box.

Last edited:
There's a CSN channel for Oregon though. They show every Blazers game.

Yeah but CSN = Comcast Sports Network. I have Direct TV so I am blacked out from Blazer games. Might just order basic comcast on one TV this year just so I can watch, pretty much my only option or paying for streaming directly online.

Back
Top Bottom