Why are all Movies filmed in New York and California??

cause it has the dopest backround..... who would want to see a movie that has Idaho in the backround?

NYC STAND THE +%%% UP!

batmanheader.jpg

untouchables.jpg

barbershop.jpg

"If you don't know by now I'm talkin' bout Chi Town
Baby, do you remember when fireworks at Lake Michigan....
Oh now I'm comin' home again, comin' home again..."

Kanye_bearhead.gif

New Mexico is getting a LOT of play these days. A lot of movies were/are getting filmed there. The Eye, The Hills Have Eyes, both Transformer movies andTerminator 4 to name a few...

They're also filming the Crash series there as well.

State governments have tried to lure back movies/tv shows/films to the US by offering state level refundable tax credits. You still however have to competewith the individual city ordinances which is the biggest downfall of San Francisco. Exuberant amounts of fees/licenses needed versus places like Albuquerqueand even Manhattan.

I know about Chicago and Toronto. But you know majority of movies are set in Cali or Ny. Ny out numbers any other area as far as having movies set there.

LA mainly because thats where the movie studios started out. NY i dont think they film as much as it seems, its really expensive.

I know lately they have been moving to other states to start filming because of new tax breaks for the companies. In MI they are getting huge breaks or refundsor something and a lot more movies are being made out here. There were two being filmed around Ann Arbor as of recently, one of my friends manages a hotel outthere and met Drew Barrymore when she was on her way to filming and I was told by another friend that another movie had scenes that were being shot in DowntownYpsilanti (right next to Ann Arbor).

i just saw eagle eye last weekend and they were supposed to be entering Indiana from the freeway and stopped at the side and i could already tell that was the10 east freeway were it meets up with the 57 and the 71 freeways here in California, and when they were supposedly at some other states airport it was clearlyLAX
roll.gif
. i never noticed those in movies before when i was still in thePhilippines, but living in LA now, i recognize a lot of places that movies shoot at.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

NY > The rest of the world.
ban this man? flame wars always start because one idiot just have to same some stupid !$%% like this.

As for op, I don't know what you talking about, There is hardly any movies filmed in CA anymore, none that I can think of right now besides The Hulk from2003?

Popular places, that's all. Plus, those settings even sounds tempting in a movie description. So, as slight as it seems, those settings create hype tochoice groups. I don't expect movies to be filmed in Bangor, Maine.

Back
Top Bottom