why can't i get a ***+!$* job? Im 18 and a senior in HS

when i was sixteen I worked at the Nike Outlet store for about 3 month and I quit because I didn't have enough time to work back then. I've beenapplying for jobs ever since last summer, and I've probably applied to 30 places so far, and none have even called me back.

I don't have any record or have any history of trouble. I filled out the applications completely right, and put the correction information and stuff.I've called back like 8 places, and they just said the same bs, "we call you back if we need you"

So why the %#%$ can I not get a damn job!?

18yrs and senior and no job checkin in
frown.gif

I'm guessing you are applying for a position in retail?
Around this time is the slow season..you'll prolly have better luck next month

The economy is in the crapper, so employers aren't hiring as many people as usual. I'm trying to get a part-time job to supplement my college expenses,but it's damn hard.

Good luck now, february is the slowest month of the year in retail i believe. Im hoping I can get my interview at finishline next week.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

The economy is in the crapper, so employers aren't hiring as many people as usual. I'm trying to get a part-time job to supplement my college expenses, but it's damn hard.

UPS/FedEx/DHL
would probably be your best bet. I heard they even pay for college.
but be prepared for slave labor..at least thats what i heard

Originally Posted by 18th letter

UPS/FedEx/DHL
would probably be your best bet. I heard they even pay for college.
but be prepared for slave labor..at least thats what i heard

I already interviewed and they offered me a job. They also said that I had to work five days a week, and I believe the hours were 10pm-3am or something.Hell no, I'm not doing Mon-Fri at those hours doing heavy lifting.
laugh.gif

yeah those hours suck but look at it this way you'll have some type of income while you look for another job..

all i can say is keep applying. i applied to a lot of jobs before i finally got one, actually took about a year before i got one.

Oh and PLUS, it's #$*#*!* unionized, so you owe like $200 before you even start. And then you have to keep paying dues etc. When they told me all that,plus it was only $10/hour I was gone.

Go to the apple store and change all the homepages to microsofts website. thenask for an application. I did that thursday and they gave me an application no problem.

Back
Top Bottom