Why can't sizing be consistent?

I'm going to use NikeTalk to vent my frustration.  With all the technology these days, why can't Nike make size 9 be the same for all Nike shoes.  It gets so frustrating and I think they could actually sell more shoes if people could just order without being afraid of the wrong size.  Just one example of many is my son, who wears 8's in the Hyperize, and 8.5's in all his other basketball shoes.  So we go and look at football cleats.  We first try several 8.5's but then we determine that he needs a size 9.  He tried two different Nikes in 9's.  So we go home and find yet a different pair on Ebay.  Did a little research and found that people recommended going up a half size.  So I figure 8.5 is still is normal size so we go with the 9.   Well guess what, they are too tight.  Now I know that most most of you will say shoes should always be tried on first to check other things other than size, but I'm sure that most of you have just went for it as well.  Heck, that is one of the most asked questions.  "Are they true to size?"

I know sometimes I even try a pair on at the mall and I think they fit, but when I buy they and wear them a while, they end up being the wrong size. Usually too big.   So sometimes trying them on hardly helps.  So what's the deal with this?  I think that if any company could be consistent, Nike should be able to figure out how to do it.

I'm going to use NikeTalk to vent my frustration.  With all the technology these days, why can't Nike make size 9 be the same for all Nike shoes.  It gets so frustrating and I think they could actually sell more shoes if people could just order without being afraid of the wrong size.  Just one example of many is my son, who wears 8's in the Hyperize, and 8.5's in all his other basketball shoes.  So we go and look at football cleats.  We first try several 8.5's but then we determine that he needs a size 9.  He tried two different Nikes in 9's.  So we go home and find yet a different pair on Ebay.  Did a little research and found that people recommended going up a half size.  So I figure 8.5 is still is normal size so we go with the 9.   Well guess what, they are too tight.  Now I know that most most of you will say shoes should always be tried on first to check other things other than size, but I'm sure that most of you have just went for it as well.  Heck, that is one of the most asked questions.  "Are they true to size?"

I know sometimes I even try a pair on at the mall and I think they fit, but when I buy they and wear them a while, they end up being the wrong size. Usually too big.   So sometimes trying them on hardly helps.  So what's the deal with this?  I think that if any company could be consistent, Nike should be able to figure out how to do it.

i agree i just think its the processes that they go through and how each model has to be made for the specific sport or type of athlete...i think they make them with the general idea of sizing but in the end its probably the manufacturing processes and materials they use that change the dimensions or sizing. just my guess.

you should talk to someone who is in design school for textiles or something they would probably have a better idea...anyone with design or textile experience wanna chime in?

i agree i just think its the processes that they go through and how each model has to be made for the specific sport or type of athlete...i think they make them with the general idea of sizing but in the end its probably the manufacturing processes and materials they use that change the dimensions or sizing. just my guess.

you should talk to someone who is in design school for textiles or something they would probably have a better idea...anyone with design or textile experience wanna chime in?

Back
Top Bottom