Why customer service sucks at boutiques?

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

yea its expected that employees in those stores would have that type of attitude but at the same time alot of those workers are in need of a serious reality check, you work in retail, your probably not making that much so why get all gassed up like you think your special. i really could care less though i tend to avoid botique stores because its not worth the hassle of trying to get a connection at one of those places and they really don't have anything i need, besides if i go to a store and the service i receive is crappy im not going to put money in their pockets.

EXACTLY.

Its not just sneaker boutiques though folks. Most other high end retail place you might walk into youre gonna get the same thing.

Like mike23theking wrote "It sucks when you have to BE somebody or not wear something in particular to get good service or get tended to" Tryshopping on Rodeo or any other high end shopping district wearing a normal t-shirt, jeans, and beaters on. I've gone shoe shopping during my lunch breakon a Friday (casual Fridays at my office) on Rodeo and dudes be giving me the
indifferent.gif
or outright cold shoulder. I mean seriously... you work RETAIL, get over yourself. Just cause I like to dress casual doesnt mean I cant affordnice things.

It sucks when you have to BE somebody or not wear something in particular to get good service or get tended to.
ohwell.gif

Ain't that the TRUTH. No one should feel the pressure to be or not be an image when shopping at a retail spot. If someone wants to matchall hype, that's fine. If someone is gonna dress bum and casual, that's fine too. The lamest thing is letting a SHOPPING TRIP dictate your clothes.

Originally Posted by five30

Originally Posted by NIKE13

screw LA and just go down to long beach. shop at proper,seams,blackmarket,proper clothing, and east 4th. at least at those shops they dont give you that eltist crap at some of the LA shops.
truth. dude at proper that looked like chamillionaire was real nice...

they're all cool down at proper. good thing is that if you guys like going up to LA all the time, proper is opening another shop on fairfax in LA. but, onthe part of fairfax where little ethiopia is. i agree with cros1, its one thing to run a business another thing to just be greedy. While, im not trying topromote proper or anything, a few months ago i walked in to buy the latest issue of sneakerfreaker, which cost a whole 10 bucks. while they were ringing it upthey asked me what tee size i was. i told them XXL, they grabbed a box behind the counter and gave a me a proper logo tee. i asked them what for, they said itwas leftover designs that hadn't sold, odds and ends and rather then sell them they'd rather just give them away to their good customers, for free.that's how you do it right.

Originally Posted by RATxAxTAT

laugh.gif

Now if I'm thinking of the same guy, he was probably the guy that sold me my Vans last month... I agree, real cool dude.

a few months ago i walked in to buy the latest issue of sneakerfreaker, which cost a whole 10 bucks. while they were ringing it up they asked me what tee size i was. i told them XXL, they grabbed a box behind the counter and gave a me a proper logo tee. i asked them what for, they said it was leftover designs that hadn't sold, odds and ends and rather then sell them they'd rather just give them away to their good customers, for free. that's how you do it right.

Now that's what's up!

'Cept, I didn't get a free tee when I was there...
nerd.gif
tongue.gif

They are salty because they get paid close to minimum wage + work on weekends. You get what you pay for. It doesnt mean you got to boycott the place to make astatement, just find other ways to find the clothes you want.

Originally Posted by mike23theking

Originally Posted by RATxAxTAT

laugh.gif

Now if I'm thinking of the same guy, he was probably the guy that sold me my Vans last month... I agree, real cool dude.

a few months ago i walked in to buy the latest issue of sneakerfreaker, which cost a whole 10 bucks. while they were ringing it up they asked me what tee size i was. i told them XXL, they grabbed a box behind the counter and gave a me a proper logo tee. i asked them what for, they said it was leftover designs that hadn't sold, odds and ends and rather then sell them they'd rather just give them away to their good customers, for free. that's how you do it right.

Now that's what's up!

'Cept, I didn't get a free tee when I was there...
nerd.gif
tongue.gif

yea when they gave me a tee there werent that many left. i dont really care that much about the tee, just that they were willing to even give it away freespeaks volumes about how they do business.

Back
Top Bottom