Why didn't Dame just exchange the Reasonable Doubt Masters

For complete ownership of Rocafella, Kanye West and i'm not sure about Rocawear but riddle me this wouldn't Dame and Biggs make more money off Kanyegoing multi Platinum on the Roc than owning the Masters to RD?

cuz im sure theres much more deeper !#%# than that that happened between them...money and friends is a tough mix...jay-z said it best..."you find out whoyour true friends are when they dont need you anymore"

From what I know, the deal was...Dame and Biggs could have the Rocafella name if they sold Hov the masters. All the artist was signed to Rocafella/Def Jam, butwhen he became President of Def Jam, Hov gave everybody the option to: stay with him, go with Dame, or neither. Dame said that he would never give up thosemasters cause that album is like his first child and belongs as much to him and Biggs as Jay-Z.

^ Basically even if Dame got the Rocafella name theres a good chance some artists woulda jumped ship anyway, some cats is just shiftless like that. So when youthink about it that way the sure bet would be to keep RD masters cuz it will always make you money

smokin.gif

i would've gave up that master....they would've kept all da other jay-z masters....

dame intially agreed to do it and biggz was da one that refused....

its foul... if thats really ya boy and he wrote it then let him get the masters... dame was on some bs...its jay's music...

^Trust they are not boys anymore at that time Dame n Biggs are realizing how dude wants no parts of them business wise. If they boys how did they even get inthat situation. Every rapper aint meant to own their masters

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by ImmaGetMine

its foul... if thats really ya boy and he wrote it then let him get the masters... dame was on some bs...its jay's music...

not really foul...i do think dame shoulda gave them up..but at the same time it wasnt only jays project, it was everybody who worked on rd, they all putthere blood sweat and tears behind the project, it belonged to all of them..but from a money stand point hes a moron..he coulda kept the roc and kanye

Basically everyone here touched on it.

Dame was about to give it all and Biggs was the one who made him realize it was a bad move RD was the first they did it all together not Jay alone so why nothold on to what started it all.

Even if Dame had taken the label he knew it would have been a loss for him, all the artists would have left and went with Jay on his S.Carter Label. It'snot like any of those artists were stuck in any type of heavy contract that they had to stay they all had the flexibility to leave (example when Cam requestedto be released), you never heard MC's in contract drama @ Def Jam/Roc-A-Fella.

You own the rights to the music as opposed to the label owning them. So when ever it gets played you get payed....i think.

laugh.gif
There dames masters point blank. Dame was the business behindrocafella...and in the end thats just what this all is about

They definitely should've come up off those Masters. Jay-Z made them dudes millionaires and you can't even give him the rights to his first album?Guess it was always business with them dudes and now they're reaping what they sewed.

Jay-Z made them dudes millionaires and you can't even give him the rights to his first album? Guess it was always business with them dudes and now they're reaping what they sewed.
Naw rav, Dame did as much if not more than jay to help him make those millions. Yeah it was jayz who made the classic but dame is the one that gotthe album out and made it possible for jay to make it.

^word... its not like rocafella woulda been ##$@ or even got started if it wasnt for jay z... they owe their lives to reasonable doubt...

^word... its not like rocafella woulda been ##$@ or even got started if it wasnt for jay z... they owe their lives to reasonable doubt...
laugh.gif
Are you serious? Alot of you think "oh its jayzsmusic he should be able to own the masters"...Thats not how it works. Artist wish it was that easy, why do you think so many of them dont own theremasters? Dame helped make RD and rightfully so he got his cut by having the masters. If it was just jay who came up by himself and published RD and promoted itand did everything else then hell yeah give it to jay. But thats not even the case, dame put in alot of work and thats gettin overlooked by some of you justbecause it wast dame who was the one making the music

Jay woulda blew up with or without them dudes. His lyrical brilliance was his ticket to super stardom, Dame and Biggs just went along for the ride. They werejust investors in his product.

MJ made the bulls legendary, they didnt make him a great player.

They were just investors in his product.
This is my exact point. Yeah jay would have blown up without dame, but the fact is thats not the case. Dame invested into jay which makes him haveas much of a part in jays music as jay himself.

yea but if thats REALLY ya boy u would let him own his music... aint like reasonable doubt started sellin crazy and he cakin off it... dude was just on somebitter +*+%... didnt want jay to have it all... he got it anyway... dame is an +$%+*%@

I read an article about Slick Rick before his Def Jam comeback album The Art Of Storytellin' and basically it went something like this.

After all his legal battles and all that, he ended up living almost like a regular dude and he said when times got hard, the checks from samples and spins on"The Show" kept him eating. Those RD masters should generate a lot of residual income over the next couple decades.

Originally Posted by ImmaGetMine

yea but if thats REALLY ya boy u would let him own his music... aint like reasonable doubt started sellin crazy and he cakin off it... dude was just on some bitter +*+%... didnt want jay to have it all... he got it anyway... dame is an +$%+*%@

Yeah i see what your sayin...but it just depends on where you draw the line on business and friendship. If you were dame and you knew you had something likethat in your possesion that would really allow you to be wealthy the rest of your life..or atleast for a few decades..would you give it up to you boy justbecause? Dame has said before that RD is something very important to him so you gotta take alot of things into consideration

Back
Top Bottom