Why do 90% of college quarterbacks suck?

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Tennessee's kicker in their win over MTSU this weekend was definitely chillin on his couch in the frat house an hour before the game when they called him & asked him to kick since all their actual kickers were hurt
Dude, that's rare.  Teams usually dedicate 1 or 2 scholarships for actual kickers, punters and long snappers.

Teams usually have a scholarship kicker and a couple of walk-ons.  Now if they all get hurt, that is just bad luck, and that is when you have to find a kicker asap so you spread word around campus about try outs (It happens).

What dudes are saying in here is that every school does this, when it is done in rare and dire occasions.
Only gangsta207therevolution was saying that. 

Originally Posted by D723

Originally Posted by Buc Em

What's the quarterback situation in college football going to look like after Luck, Barkley, Griffin III and Landry Jones leave this year? 2013 might end up being the worst draft ever for quarterbacks.
CaseKeenum_001.jpg

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Tennessee's kicker in their win over MTSU this weekend was definitely chillin on his couch in the frat house an hour before the game when they called him & asked him to kick since all their actual kickers were hurt
Dude, that's rare.  Teams usually dedicate 1 or 2 scholarships for actual kickers, punters and long snappers.

Teams usually have a scholarship kicker and a couple of walk-ons.  Now if they all get hurt, that is just bad luck, and that is when you have to find a kicker asap so you spread word around campus about try outs (It happens).

What dudes are saying in here is that every school does this, when it is done in rare and dire occasions.
laugh.gif
i know that. just saying it happened

Originally Posted by trunks206

I was somewhat thinking about this watching some of the quarterbacks that play for big sec schools, some of those quarterbacks suck and given how big football is down south you'd think better players in that position would be desired.

Bias aside but as said above the Pac has some talent at QB.
yea the sec dont really be havin beasty qbs, them +$%!#% more of a power conference

First scene in Killa Season "F*** them NFL n****s b, they pick n****s for that s***"

Naw but one thing I have seen firsthand coming up, is that scouts and coaches usually go for the sexy pick at QB, the 6'2 200 pounder, or the athletic guy who runs the 4.5, they seldom go for the guy that can just BALL. You could have a 5'10 guy that can make all the throws and is accurate, a leader and all that, but they'll instead go for the "developmental" player who really has no kinda football IQ, but since he's a good height, or can run or whatever, they chose that guy instead. I see that all across the board in every sport. I know everybody knows at least one guy who's under 5'10 but can play ball, pass first pg and all that, but coach ends up playing the 6'2 guy with shaky handles and no court awareness, because he can jump out the gym and is more athletic. Most teams never give the real ballers a chance, they go with the "developmental" guys thinking because they can bench 275 and run track they can "coach em up"

E. J. Manuel is gonna be alright at the next level as well. If you admit you dont watch much College ball, it's difficult to gauge if you're serious about this. yeah a lot of players get by on just talent and system but there are some legit players every year. 2013 will not be an exception

Back
Top Bottom