Why do cats in the hood think COOGI is that !%@*?

notorious-biggie-coogi.jpg
Just made this my home screen :pimp::pimp:

I hope he just got back from the dentist but the crazy drool coupled with the nonsense that's also pouring out of his mouth has me leaning more toward a legit mental disability.
"If I'm wearing some bs it's always got an ill name to it" :smh::lol:

Some celebs (mostly rappers) wearing Coogi sweaters...

Biggie in some 1st wave Australian ones (likely custom made)...
Crazy to think BIG and the Towers have both been gone for almost 20 years now.
biggie coogi both.jpg

Drake in the "Safari" design...
coogi safari drake both.png

Kiss in one from the early 2nd wave on the right and a newer on the left.
You can see here how they just didn't have the same attention to detail as time went on.
jada coogi both.jpg

Ferg in "Work Remix" video...
asap-ferg-work coogi screenshot both all.jpg

Troy Ave in the same pattern but a cardigan and another OG one but the lighter weight, not "3D" kind...
coogi troy ave both.jpg

Yams (RIP) wearing the same pattern as Ferg & Troy but in brighter colors plus another popular 1st run one...
yams asap coogie both.jpg

Ross in a 2nd run era...
rick ross coogi.png

Snoop in what looks like it may be an OG but with shoulder seams...
ctyp_6641489Snoop_Lion.jpg

Lastly, JaMarcus Russell, who I thought for a minute was Jeezy, in a hooded one that was the brand's "nail in the coffin" for most.
coogi jamarcus russell.jpg

Last edited:
Lastly, JaMarcus Russell, who I thought for a minute was Jeezy, in a hooded one that was the brand's "nail in the coffin" for most.
what's the problem w/ that 1? Coogi did pullover hoodies back in the days. I'm not sure if they ever did them with zippers but the only problems I see with that piece is the fact that it says Coogi all on the cuff like that and the fact that the fabric and actual knit sucked compared to the old stuff. If they did the predominantly solid color short sleeve knit sweaters again I would probably buy.

what's the problem w/ that 1? Coogi did pullover hoodies back in the days. I'm not sure if they ever did them with zippers but the only problems I see with that piece is the fact that it says Coogi all on the cuff like that and the fact that the fabric and actual knit sucked compared to the old stuff. If they did the predominantly solid color short sleeve knit sweaters again I would probably buy.
It's not the zippers or branding, for me, it was entirely fabric and knit.
I think they looked more like those mass produced Mexican baja hoodies and not the unique, one of a kind and extremely detailed designs they were known for.
baja.jpg

yeah, you're right actually. The knitted sweaters with hoods they made turn of the century were even more simple so in my mind I was accustomed to them doing less intricate designs that were still somewhat colorful. I can't find any pictures of the pieces I'm talking about right now, I think they may have been Coogi Basics or Coogi Down Under or none of these. They had a small metal tag on the front and they used to be on Fleabay all of the time in sizes that had enough fabric to keep a small village warm.

Last edited:
btw this is what the knit hoodies I was going on about earlier looked like:
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Surprisingly these sweaters are only 2xl

Coogi was definitely Big back on the day, I have like 2-3 deep in my closet somewhere.

When I get back home thursday I'll try and look for them.

I've been hunting for a specific pattern for a while, haven't been able to find it, but while searching I did come across this aquatic themed one I hadn't seen before and couldn't pass it up.
Pictured with a clownfish and some lobsters just to be corny lol...
aquatic 50.jpg
aquatic b 50.jpg
sea 3.jpg
sea 3 2.jpg

Latest...
cash coogi f.jpg

cash coogi back.jpg

cash coogi details 50.jpg

Found these too, Italian made, a collab Coogi did with a relatively new designer brand called Android Homme a year before the Puma one.
Only 20 pairs released in the US out of 100 made...
homme right (1).jpg

homme right (2).jpg homme frnt.jpg homme back.jpg

It's March 9th so here are the latest additions to the collection and some other random Coogi pics...
coogi post 2 10.jpg

Downarrow.png

coogi post 4.jpg

coogi post 1 10.jpg

coogi post 5.jpg

coogi post 3 10.jpg

coogi post 6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom