Why do fans fill out score sheets and wear headphones at MLB games?

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

People go to baseball games by themselves?
Why not?
I go to all types of sports games by myself if none of my friends want to go or my pops doesn't want to go..... but I still want to see the game.
And you GO to the games to see them LIVE...... OBVIOUSLY

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Man, what's with these three frame video avatars? I want one.
grin.gif
x2

wildKYcat who made that?
x3
least your avy works
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by therenegade23

To block out the sound of hostile fans barking at you when you try to catch a foul but then fail. Failing of catching a foul ball and your team failing to make the World Series.
laugh.gif
smile.gif
41498ac034022-52-1.jpg

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

I go to all types of sports games by myself if none of my because I don't have any friends.
We figured.
I am saying, I can't imagine anyone liking you if you are anything like the persona you have here
laugh.gif

My grandpa, God rest his soul, went to about 30-40 Dodgers home games a year. and at every one of them he listened to the radio play by play and kept score.
never asked why. it was just something he did.

-J-

I think it's an older generation thing.. and also just part of the game.. the experience of keeping stats, etc.
It's something to do, its a routine, and it gives comfort to them.

Not every sporting event you attend has to involve jumping up and down, yelling at the top of your lungs, and getting drunk.

Some people take pictures at the game
Others fill out score sheets

Some people go to the game to socialize
Others go to watch and study the game

The headphones thing makes sense to me... you get some insight as to what's going on from the broadcast team - if you're just sitting there watchingstuff, you may not be able to figure out something that isn't a normal game occurrence. My dad and grandfather do this at sporting events still, theydont' wear them the whole time but anytime there's nothing to really talk about they'll throw them on and pick up some little tidbit of informationabout the game, so it's kind of cool for them i guess?

And the scorekeeping thing I don't really know - baseball is kind of a tradition, b/c a lot of people learned it from their dad's who learned it fromtheir dad's, so on and so forth... I can't really understand it for other sports unless it's the same sort of deal.

Back
Top Bottom