Why do 'Hipsters' deny being or trying to be a 'Hipster'?

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

Whats wrong with having a discussion about it? This is a message board.

You obviously havent been here for long. The same topics get tiring week after week.
I haven't see any topics about hipsters

I only remember 3 topics.
One was a hipster unappreciation thread.
Another was one mocking hipsters and what not.
Then there was one I made asking how to dress like a hipster because I wanted to be a hipster for Halloween.

where is that youtube video where dude wasv like: I'd go hard but my pants are too tight

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Some sneaker shops are hipster heaven.

What I've concluded it to be is..Trying hard not to look like you try.

Originally Posted by realxfresh

There is absolutely nothing wrong with fixed gear bicycles, i love biking. People just love slapping labels on people like a food product.
true. in my area its mostly dirty skateboarders that ride fixed. its stupid to categorize someone because of their transportation method or thebeer that they drink.

Originally Posted by thatVERBAL

Originally Posted by JD Turk

Williamsburg in Brooklyn...just take the L train to Bedford ave and walk around, then ask one if he/she relizes they're dressed the same as everyone in their neighborhood, how unique is that ?

the only person in this thread who knows what hipsters are and where they dwell.

roll.gif
roll.gif
when i go to williamsburg its like a whole other town ... people dont drive alli see are fixed gear bikes, tattoo shops, people wearing those flat vans and extremely tight nut hugging denim, douche bag glasses.... and its alway busy likeits time square

^ Me too.

Williamsburg is the hipster capital, followed by Wicker Park, Chicago.

Hipster parties are usually pretty cool though. And they drink PBR b/c it's cheap.

d bags who drink pbr beer, ride fix gear bikes, wear nut hugging jeans,CARRY A MACBOOK and somehow think their style is completely original
fixed

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

^ Me too.

Williamsburg is the hipster capital, followed by Wicker Park, Chicago.

Hipster parties are usually pretty cool though. And they drink PBR b/c it's cheap.
I live around the DC area, where do they hang out at around there? Im going to try and pull some.

Williamsburg in Brooklyn...just take the L train to Bedford ave and walk around, then ask one if he/she relizes they're dressed the same as everyone in their neighborhood, how unique is that ?

the only person in this thread who knows what hipsters are and where they dwell.

Haha...true. I got lost once in Williamsburg trying to find Mikey's Hookup and some skate shop to score some fungus...AC/DC or something ( I know IHORRIBLY *****ered the name and don't mean to upset anyone) and I was astounded....but seriously, the negative conotation associated with hipsters IMHOisn't what they wear or that they ride fix-geared bikes, its the fact that many of them have this aloof sense of self-worth and are arrogant for no reason.

Thinking you're better than someone because of your personal style choice instead of just letting people rock, word to Kevin Rudolf, is what makes themd-bags.

Haha...true. I got lost once in Williamsburg trying to find Mikey's Hookup and some skate shop to score some fungus...AC/DC or something ( I know I HORRIBLY *****ered the name and don't mean to upset anyone) and I was astounded....but seriously, the negative conotation associated with hipsters IMHO isn't what they wear or that they ride fix-geared bikes, its the fact that many of them have this aloof sense of self-worth and are arrogant for no reason.

Thinking you're better than someone because of your personal style choice instead of just letting people rock, word to Kevin Rudolf, is what makes them d-bags.
exactly. some of my wife's girlfriends are hipsters who live in williamsburg and greenpoint (another hipster stronghold in NYC), and everytime i "have" to go to one of their dinner parties or something, i'm just
sick.gif

wish i had taken pics from last night's superbowl party
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom