Why do people like restaurants?

beings in a huge city like NYC where i can go to different hoods and basically eat food from all over da world via different ethnic backgrounds is

great, if you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack.

I love spending My money at restaurants. Especially at sports bars with the crew. Best way to relax after a hard week. 

Happy Hour 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
most restaurants are garbage

you're paying $15 for some GMO cheap ingredients. cheap farm raised fish or CAFO meat that you could buy for $2/lb. i would almost never order meat at a restaurant now. they definitely dont use quality ingredients and pay the lowest price possible. i get that they have to make money and pay staff/cooks but its still a huge rip off. so many people just throw away money eating out because they dont know how to cook some rice, steam vegetables, and put some fish to bake in the oven.

its this whole western stigma that you have to go out to eat as a social event every saturday or whatever. why?

Valid points, OP.

With that said, eating out makes sense for certain people, based on their lifestyle/location.
Groceries are expensive in cities like NYC and SF (also note that you have a ton of single people living in these cities, where buying in bulk doesn't help achieve savings since most of it goes to waste if you cook for one person), combine that with the fact that there are so many different types of food being offered (i.e. non-chains), and it just makes practical (and sometimes economical) sense to eat out occasionally. It's all about balance.

only on NT would something as simple as having dinner at a restaurant be questioned.

Its about the experience and being served, trying new things, and socializing.

Staying at home and cooking is fine since I love doing that, but give me a break.

Why do people go out to bars and pay $5 for a beer when they can easily stay at home and buy a 6 pack?

There's so many things wrong with your post, I don't even know where to begin. I can't even believe this is a question.

On top of the food, you are also paying to be served, a professional to cook for you, and the environment. 

Nowhere in modern society it states you must eat out every weekend. 

Cheap/lower class restaurants will use cheap ingredients. Common sense.

With Zagat and so many online reviews everywhere, I can't imagine ANY restaurant that wants to get taken seriously will half-*** your food.

I give you the same ingredients as a 5 star chef. His dish will be astronomically better than yours.

50% tip?! There is no situation on this planet that will justify anyone tipping 50% at a restaurant. 

Chipotle is not a restaurant. It's fast food. 

i tend to stay away from high-end, overly expensive restaurants because all you  are really paying for is atmosphere/exclusivity. that 
[h3]bourgeoisie life isn't for me. give me nice hole in the wall spot for certain things and im good.[/h3]
also, im pretty broke so they wouldn't serve my kind anyway.

Last edited:
OP i get what youre saying but chill out

going out to eat once in a while isnt a big deal

but yes its much more cost effective an better to cook yourself

There's so many things wrong with your post, I don't even know where to begin. I can't even believe this is a question.

On top of the food, you are also paying to be served, a professional to cook for you, and the environment. 

Nowhere in modern society it states you must eat out every weekend. 

Cheap/lower class restaurants will use cheap ingredients. Common sense.

With Zagat and so many online reviews everywhere, I can't imagine ANY restaurant that wants to get taken seriously will half-*** your food.

I give you the same ingredients as a 5 star chef. His dish will be astronomically better than yours.

50% tip?! There is no situation on this planet that will justify anyone tipping 50% at a restaurant. 

Chipotle is not a restaurant. It's fast food. 

not to nitpick, but it is actually classified as a restaurant

not to nitpick, but it is actually classified as a restaurant
They hire people off the street though. It says "no experience PREFERRED" on their career page. There's no chef there.

It's actually classified as a fast food restaurant. Their food is in the same class Wendy's, Taco Bell, etc. 

The genius is in their marketing. 

Last edited:
Dude is correct, restaurants be scammin y'all :lol:

Grains = Cheap Filler Food

and Meat does not even have to be cooked as long as the animal was fed correctly and allowed to exercise.

I feel what you're saying. I share the view that restaurants are largely overrated, especially since I actually learned to cook (and have a woman who's willing to do it for me on a consistent basis). I used to crave certain fast food or whatever, now I just fire up the Foreman...so yeah, I am mostly past the "need" to go out and eat if I want something besides a turkey sammich or roman noodles.

That said, it is a nice experience to go out with good company and enjoy a meal in a different setting. True, every weekend is OD and wasteful, but it's cool to do every so often, especially if you're eating something that can't be easily prepared at home.

Why do people go out to bars and pay $5 for a beer when they can easily stay at home and buy a 6 pack?
Now see, this is a better question. The answer is I don't...ever since I figured out that they're selling 25 $3-5 shots out of a $30 bottle, I just feel stupid going to bars for no reason. A party is one thing, but on your average Friday night? Yeah, you can find me in the crib sipping with a friend or 2...not only can I smoke inside, I never get cut off :smile:

Last edited:
They hire people off the street though. It says "no experience PREFERRED" on their career page. There's no chef there.

It's actually classified as a fast food restaurant. Their food is in the same class Wendy's, Taco Bell, etc. 

The genius is in their marketing. 

A restaurant is just a place that prepares food for you for compensation. It may not be a great restaurant, but a restaurant still

Convenience. Of course you could prepare and cook at home then pack lunch but some people just don't have the time.

Because women be complaining 'bout "when are we gonna go on a REAL date?"

and then you gotta drive them to church the next morning and they insist you go with them. im all like HOW BOUT NO?

All you need to know. I eat out only when the woman demands it.

Or why buy a single of Poland Spring for $1, when you can get a 36 pack for $5

fine dining is a wonderful thing. since i've been in a relationship this past year have eaten the best food of my life. some are super OD expensive, but are worth it. Like the price of shoes. #TheIrony

only on NT would something as simple as having dinner at a restaurant be questioned.
Its about the experience and being served, trying new things, and socializing.
Staying at home and cooking is fine since I love doing that, but give me a break.

More harlots at the bar than at my house (I know it wasn't a serious question)

Back
Top Bottom