Why Do Rappers Glorify Benny Blanco?

Why? I just got done watching Carlito's Way, and for the life of me I can't figure out why somebody would want to be "referredto" or associated with a punk like Blanco. He's nothing but an arrogant new jack that feels that he's entitled to everything (e.g. theclub scene with Steffie & Kleinsfeld).

I'm not mad about the way the movie ended (knew the downbeat ending was coming), however it seems fitting that this kid would ruin the protagonist'sdream. The only redeeming quality dude has is that he keeps his word (
laugh.gif
)and that, in a world of vice, he seems to be entirely ruthless. However, you can be a man of virtue in a world of vice. I guess everybody wants to be the"bad guy..."
smh.gif

Originally Posted by BIG FAME ONE

Dude was hungry, ruthless, focused, and highly motivated.

Yea but wasn't Carlito? Wasn't Vinnie? Hell, when he wasn't coked up, wasn't Kleinsfeld?

Originally Posted by mneezy1

Yea but wasn't Carlito? Wasn't Vinnie? Hell, when he wasn't coked up, wasn't Kleinsfeld?

Are you serious? Kleinsfeld was anything but focused. Carlito wasn't any of those things by his end, he was on his way out of business because he nolonger had it in him.

Originally Posted by mneezy1

Are you serious? Kleinsfeld was anything but focused. Carlito wasn't any of those things by his end, he was on his way out of business because he no longer had it in him.

Kleinsfeld's primary objective throughout the movie was to protect his neck. Dude was softer than Kleenex and offed a mob boss and his son... cokeheador not, that takes a whole lot of focus. Although he wasn't on Blanco's level, he did embody the aforementioned traits that make Blanco so"glorious."
And you say Carlito wasn't focused?
laugh.gif
For acareer criminal coming out of the joint with a laundry list of connections, it was hard for him to NOT want to get back in the dope game. Yes, Carlito wasfocused, and hungry.... focused and hungry to live his dream with Gail and their seed. He wasn't that by his end becausehe knew the Mob ain't nothin to uck wit.

Please dude. Carlito wasn't focused he had blinders on, its not the same thing. He wouldn't have left himself wide open had he been focused, had hebeen sharp. He wasn't focused, he was oblivious to what was around him.

Kleinfeld wasn't focused either, he was about self preservation, but he was far to unbalanced, far too out of his own control. HE was a mess, and go backand read your thread title it isn't why was Carlito or Kleinsfeld glorified. The question was about Blanco, a young hungry cat willing to do whatever ittakes to get to the top. The movie is about the rise and fall of a man, how in that life a man burns hot and fizzles fast. In this case Carlito had his time,he was numb, and he was no longer sharp, he shouldn't have been swimming with the sharks anymore. As it turned out, he got eaten by one.

and that, in a world of vice, he seems to be entirely ruthless. However, you can be a man of virtue in a world of vice. I guess everybody wants to be the "bad guy..."
smh.gif

dog eat dog b

Back
Top Bottom