Why do we let Cellphone companies gouge us? If you pay more than 40 a month! COME IN

This is ridiculousness. 

I'm preparing to purchase the iPhone 4s tonight and I'm just amazed at these prices by the big three wireless carriers. 

Are we that numb of a society to allow these companies to charge outrageous fees, or are we going to stand up and do something about it?

I know a few will say, but I get discounts so it's all good. Yes, but you're part of the problem. Soo complacent with the status-quota and never focused on achieving anything in large. And a few more will say, how about you just don't buy a phone and just talk with a land line? Well if that's the case, how about we bring back minstrel shows and the ruling class who enjoy blacks being ridiculed can just pay? See where I'm going? Exactly. LETS START A REVOLUTION!

I am starting a netroots organization; but case in point, this is what I'm talking about...

In AMERICA:

iphone_4s_plan_comparison.jpg

Meanwhile, in Canada:

canadaes.png

candada2.png

Meanwhile, in Europe:

b3q6vp.png

500MB of data will be done in 15 mins though.

My virgin mobile 300mins +unlimited text & data for $25/month >*

2 words:  Carrier.  Subsidies.
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that most of Europe also buys their phones outright.  If At&t and Verizon didn't have to subsidize everybody's phone for like $400...we'd probably have a little better rates as well.

I'd love that...I hate contracts.

Do you understand how much it cost to run a network AND be profitable? Prices arent the best but its much better than how it was in the early 2000s.

But you're preparing to buy an iPhone tonight... so why do youlet cellphone companies gouge you?

are you getting that iphone 4s for free? cause if not, aren't you part of the problem you're revolting against?

aren't some canadian plans 3 years long?

yeah, im good. i'll pay that 40 extra and only have to deal with my company for 2 years on contract.

If you don't like the prices and contract, check out the carrier that lease their network.

Simple Mobile = T Mobile $60 unlimited
Straight Talk = AT&T $45 unlimited
(http://en.wikipedia.org/w...tions_service_providers)
These are the easiest because its gsm based.

CDMA MVNO's tend to lock out phones that are contracted, you'd have to use cheaper branded phones or change the esn/meid of the nicer phone (which is illegal) and not always possible.

Do what I did and buy a Iphone off craigslist and flash it (if cdma) to crickett wireless..$45 a month fror everything. If your phone is ATT you have alot of choices to choose from..

No body to blame but ourselves. I was going to buy the 4s and renew my contract but I said screw it. VZW charge to much and Im going to flash my phone to Crickett or some other place and pay $40-$45 a month for service

idc cause when i die its gonna be stupid that i saved money on a phone and now im just dead
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by KingSuperbIV

Do what I did and buy a Iphone off craigslist and flash it (if cdma) to crickett wireless..$45 a month fror everything. If your phone is ATT you have alot of choices to choose from..

No body to blame but ourselves. I was going to buy the 4s and renew my contract but I said screw it. VZW charge to much and Im going to flash my phone to Crickett or some other place and pay $40-$45 a month for service

Thats a good idea. You know when you see someone with crikett on their phone you look at em like 
indifferent.gif

simple mobile.
40 unlim. 3g
60 unlim 4g

its the only prepaid that uses sims.
get a shop to cut the sim card down then install it.
cheapest iphone available.
you a sucker if you using an iphone though.
they got 5 versions of the exact same phone.
they leave stuff out to make an S model so you loser fan boys will drop another 400 for steve jobs aids fund. (too soon?)

you a sucker if you use an iphone.

my hd2 runnin that 2.3 lookin like a nexus.

what kills me the most bout the cell companies is the data plans.

Bandwidth is basically all the air in the world.
they are selling you air. 2gigs of high speed air.
tmobile isnt really 4g nor is ATT. they are hspa+ which translates to "we added a few more towers and increased our 3g to the fastest speed cause we throttled the speed initally so you wouldnt use your phone for the internet"
sprint is the only true 4g carrier in the us. verizon is on that same bs.

we really get worked out here. but eh... thats the price to live in not a crap hole.

brb $50 unlimited everything at boost mobile.

running with one of the cheap samsung androids, but it functions and does everything an iphone does (used to be iphone fanboy)

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Do you understand how much it cost to run a network AND be profitable? Prices arent the best but its much better than how it was in the early 2000s.

man I remember when I had unlimited everything on nextel
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
damn bill was like $199
mad.gif
mad.gif

For those of you throwing out European rates, remember, Europe as a continent isn't as big and expansive as the United States, let alone individual countries networks. It costs a lot to upkeep a mobile network across the entire United States.

That and they do heavily subsidize the cost of a phone. Go anywhere and buy a phone new, any smartphone starts at 549.99 for something current.

Also, that is British pounds sterling. Usually the exchange rate is about 1.6 dollars to 1 pound, and that provider you posted isn't that much cheaper than AT&T or VZW. Unlimited data is a joke, I use data a lot every day, and I'm at around 5 gigs since I got my iphone in february.

Prices are still high, but what are you gonna do. The thing that is truly a ripoff is SMS messages. The phone communicates with towers every few minutes anyways, the SMS system just piggybacks it so it actually causes no network congestion at all.

Back
Top Bottom