Banned
it seems like white people like terrible singers

john mayer
bob dylan
sick.gif

dave matthews
ben harper
pretty much all rock singers

these people are terrible....especially bob dylan. how anyone could listen to him is beyond me

Come on duke...stop the tomfoolery.

You're obviously a white cat trying to stir up some type of controversy in Hamsterdam..._s are hip to the games...this ain't the 60's nomore.....what self respecting man of color has a UTAH JAZZ SIG?

URBAN BALLERZ?......

9zpq4w.jpg

Jim James
Dave Matthews
Thom Yorke (lead singer of Radiohead, I think thats his name)

I'm not an avid rock listener but I actually prefer their singing to R&B singers.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
at "URBAN BALLER"
your lame attempt at making a edgy controversial topic has failed...you sound ignorant,i bet son sat at his computer all day thinking "how can i spice upthe music forum"
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

You're obviously a white cat trying to stir up some type of controversy in Hamsterdam..._s are hip to the games...this ain't the 60's no more.....what self respecting man of color has a UTAH JAZZ SIG?

URBAN BALLERZ?......

9zpq4w.jpg
roll.gif
GET EM'!!!

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

You're obviously a white cat trying to stir up some type of controversy in Hamsterdam..._s are hip to the games...this ain't the 60's no more.....what self respecting man of color has a UTAH JAZZ SIG?

URBAN BALLERZ?......

9zpq4w.jpg

unleash the flutes on em guru...

how is your name gonna be "Urban Baller" yet you live in Utah
laugh.gif

dude is probably posting from one of those incest farms, all holed up in the attic
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

me and my boy have an argument all the time. About what is more important, good song writing or great singing.
I am of the opinion that great song writing trumps vocal ability any day of the week, as long as the person's voice is at least serviceable.
I honestly think its a fundamental divide between genre's of music. For a long time, the defining charactersitic of a soul musician was their ability towail, and hit tremendous notes. Think: patti, whitney, stevie. They also had terrific song writing as well. Then a new generation adopted the affinity forthat first trait, w/o regards whatsoever to the second: R&B. I feel like neo-soul artists are the last remnant of the good song writing, good vocalquality camp.

Rock, however is a whole different animal. I feel like in the forefront of the music is the instrumentation, and song writing. This is why, in my opinion atleast, for everything past the 70's or 80's, the greatest rock songs are leagues better than the best r&b songs. It has a bit to do withtranscendant themes: revolution, angst, depression, loneliness, state of the word. Soul music used to be a lot more..songs like "what's goingon" had very underrated social commentary. R&b, though, now is typically limited to love songs...and anymore, bad ones at that. I mean how manytimes you gonna rhyme "girl" and "world" or "baby" and "crazy".

I can understand why fans of the r&b or soul would say most of the rock artists can't sing...I see it all the time. I'm sure my parents wouldlisten to dylan, or roger plant, or eddie vedder and look at me like I was crazy, like, "these cats are horrible", even though all three are amazingsong writers. It's just a different kind of music though, and doesn't fit their taste for vocalization.

laugh.gif

Dave Matthews voice during a live show, early in his career > your favorite singer. sorry

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@someone who cant sing being better than joe

ben harper is HUGE with white people.......i was shocked when i found out he was "black"

Bob Dylan is one of the best songwriters....

who cares if hes a "great songwriter" when he sounds like he coughin up a lung when he "sings"

how is your name gonna be "Urban Baller" yet you live in Utah
laugh.gif

dude is probably posting from one of those incest farms, all holed up in the attic
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i dont live in utah dumb ***
laugh.gif

nice try though

Why do black people like bad rapping?

[cam] yup yup....thats him....we got em [/cam]

Back
Top Bottom