Why do white people like bad singing?

I am pretty sure people listen to Bob Dylan for his lyrics rather than his voice. Also Ben Harper is crazy on the steel guitar.

You sound real ignorant. You think only certain races like certain types of music.
eyes.gif
You must be real interesting person.

Originally Posted by URBAN BALLERZ

it seems like white people like terrible singers

john mayer
bob dylan
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

dave matthews
ben harper
pretty much all rock singers

these people are terrible....especially bob dylan. how anyone could listen to him is beyond me

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

No stonefaces could reach the amount i want to give you. there is more to music than sound #!%!$++. all those you listed are terrific songwriters...

Really are you trolling? It's hard to tell .. No rap artist EVER will amount to what Bob Dylan has done musically. I guess you're against The Beatles / Stones / etc too. God damn it must feel great to be so stupid, I didn't even realize it was possible to believe such an asinine thing.
eek.gif

How are you gonna say these guys are horrible singers when I guarantee you bump "Lollipop" on your damn iPod?

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Come on duke...stop the tomfoolery.

You're obviously a white cat trying to stir up some type of controversy in Hamsterdam..._s are hip to the games...this ain't the 60's no more.....what self respecting man of color has a UTAH JAZZ SIG?

URBAN BALLERZ?......

9zpq4w.jpg

/thread

For one, Ben Harper is a DIRTY slide guitar player. Probably not good enough to stand on his guitar playing abilities alone, but he's got a nice voiceanyway.
Also, like I said, Dave Matthews, vocally, would dookie on your favorite singer. Not only is he a better vocalist than Joe, he's about 100X thesongwriter, and along with his band a better performer,than Joe will ever be.
John Mayer will probably tell you straight up his voice isn't THAT great, but his guitar playing makes him a better artist than any rapper you listen to.

R&B, in my opinion, is crap nowadays. Way too overproduced, very little creativity.

like you guys are hating what he is saying...but usher,trey songz,baby face,passion,112,boy 2 men are good singers they are all better singers then davematthews there is no way around it, usher and company could go to American idle and win dave matthews go can not. Like he came off wrong but you guys have tobe kidding me thinking these guy have great voices they have a good sound it is a big difference and they are great preforms. and he said nothing about thereguitar abilities or anything else just said they are bad singers

^^^^^But they aren't BAD singers. Sure they don't sing in an R&B style, but they all do a good job in singing their particular style. Not everygenre of music needs the vocalist to be hitting all types of crazy notes.

Difference in preference. Nothing is wrong with that. To say that white people like bad singing is as opinionated as saying that the music they choose tolisten to is bad. Plus, all white people don't like what you're referring to. Someone said "why do black people like bad rapping?"...its allopinion based...and once again, all black people don't like the crap you're referring to. I believe if more people we're exposed to different typesof music, then their musical tastes would change.

Originally Posted by TW3EK

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Come on duke...stop the tomfoolery.

You're obviously a white cat trying to stir up some type of controversy in Hamsterdam..._s are hip to the games...this ain't the 60's no more.....what self respecting man of color has a UTAH JAZZ SIG?

URBAN BALLERZ?......

9zpq4w.jpg

unleash the flutes on em guru...

/thread

I'd rather listen to somebody singing something real than some american idol idiot singing something stupid. (E.G. Bright Eyes, Bob Dylan, E)

usher and company could go to American idle and win dave matthews go can not.
Because we all know some of the most profound musicians of our time have come from American Idol.
Jimmy Hendrix couldn't really sing all that well & he has created some of the greatest music ever recorded. On the other hand, Mariah Carey has one ofthe best voices of all time & she makes disposable, mindless, trend hopping BS.......

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

how is your name gonna be "Urban Baller" yet you live in Utah
laugh.gif

dude is probably posting from one of those incest farms, all holed up in the attic
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

"Bang bang bang"
laugh.gif

Because we all know some of the most profound musicians of our time have come from American Idol.
Jimmy Hendrix couldn't really sing all that well & he has created some of the greatest music ever recorded. On the other hand, Mariah Carey has one of the best voices of all time & she makes disposable, mindless, trend hopping BS.......

I am not talking about the music as a hole i think he and i are saying vocal ability by hitting different ranges and such, would you have singgod bless America live accapella with no music at all in the backround dave or usher?

and the white people comment was not cold for

Originally Posted by SIR KYLE

Jimmy Hendrix couldn't really sing all that well & he has created some of the greatest music ever recorded. On the other hand, Mariah Carey has one of the best voices of all time & she makes disposable, mindless, trend hopping BS.......
I am not talking about the music as a hole i think he and i are saying vocal ability by hitting different ranges and such, would you have sing god bless America live accapella with no music at all in the backround dave or usher?

and the white people comment was not cold for

that is ALL they do though...they just sing. most of them don't even write their own songs. all of the guys the OP posted sing, play guitar and writeALL of their music...NO @!+*@$# COMPARISON END OF THREAD

Alright...here's a few examples of the "bad" singing he listed...that's sarcasm by me just to be sure

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Might not be the best singing in some parts but NO R&B SINGER IS TOUCHINGTHAT RAW POWER LIVE

And remember those are live, no studio doctoring...

^^^^^^^^^^^^ i hope your kidding me. They are great performs like i said but they can not touch these dudes in the R&B vocal range and skill wise its noteven funny. Like i get you they write the song and play the instruments but your missing the big point they can not sing like Trey Songz.....chris brown willdrop a duce on these dudes singing a song.

This is good singing

Back
Top Bottom