Why does Diddy get accused for killing rappers careers?

I don't know too much about contracts but I doubt there's a clause in there banning them from making mixtapes. I hear the same thing about Jay-Z sometimes. J. Cole got J to co-sign him but Cole has created a bigger buzz by himself with mixtapes. Maybe Diddy's artist are just lazy. Its not like they're eating off album sales. I'm sure if they created a buzz off mixtapes they be at least able to get club shows.Or maybe I'm missing something. Can someone enlighten me?

I don't know too much about contracts but I doubt there's a clause in there banning them from making mixtapes. I hear the same thing about Jay-Z sometimes. J. Cole got J to co-sign him but Cole has created a bigger buzz by himself with mixtapes. Maybe Diddy's artist are just lazy. Its not like they're eating off album sales. I'm sure if they created a buzz off mixtapes they be at least able to get club shows.Or maybe I'm missing something. Can someone enlighten me?

Name 1 that is still successful today, that was under him and doing really well. We'll wait.

Name 1 that is still successful today, that was under him and doing really well. We'll wait.

You 2 missed my point. He gave them some exposure so my point was why sit around waiting for him to make you. Hot whhy not take it upon yourself since he gave you a cosign. Notice my J. Cole reference?

You 2 missed my point. He gave them some exposure so my point was why sit around waiting for him to make you. Hot whhy not take it upon yourself since he gave you a cosign. Notice my J. Cole reference?

He has for most of them. A lot of them didn't come up in the time frame where dropping a mixtape was the next best alternative. Take Loon for example. The rest did it to themselves. The majority of them all had problems though.

He dropped the ball with Los though. Good grip of his former artists weren't that good anyway imo.

I got a bigger problem with ppl acting like they got proof Puff had a hand in Big's death. Yeah you can believe it but c'mon dudes be spewing that as gospel truth.

He has for most of them. A lot of them didn't come up in the time frame where dropping a mixtape was the next best alternative. Take Loon for example. The rest did it to themselves. The majority of them all had problems though.

He dropped the ball with Los though. Good grip of his former artists weren't that good anyway imo.

I got a bigger problem with ppl acting like they got proof Puff had a hand in Big's death. Yeah you can believe it but c'mon dudes be spewing that as gospel truth.

In ref, to the title of this post, instead of 'killing rappers careers' how about 'killing rappers', or 'getting rappers killed'....something to think about.

I think the reason for this is, the A&R dept. is not developing artists the way they did back in the day. If A&R's would develop the artists the way they should, there would be a steady roster of artists that can eat and pay bills (maybe buy a car or two, or three, or four...etc.).

In ref, to the title of this post, instead of 'killing rappers careers' how about 'killing rappers', or 'getting rappers killed'....something to think about.

I think the reason for this is, the A&R dept. is not developing artists the way they did back in the day. If A&R's would develop the artists the way they should, there would be a steady roster of artists that can eat and pay bills (maybe buy a car or two, or three, or four...etc.).

Because Biggie basically fell into his lap and he got lucky with that superstar and now Diddy thinks he's a good judge of rapper talent and he's not. That guy can make any R&B artist platinum but he can't sign a decent rapper to save his life. 

Because Biggie basically fell into his lap and he got lucky with that superstar and now Diddy thinks he's a good judge of rapper talent and he's not. That guy can make any R&B artist platinum but he can't sign a decent rapper to save his life. 

He's a parasite.

Look at how he's treated Rick Ross? Ross would have been JUST FINE without Diddy. I remember his promotional tour up right up to the release of Albert Anastasia. It was incredible. Freestyles and videos weekly. Completely rebounded from the 50 situation BY HIMSELF. Diddy was NO WHERE until right before the mixtape came out. DIDDY WAS EVEN CHILLING WITH 50 CENT AND MAYWEATHER ON THE REGULAR. VIDEO PROVES THIS. Ross would have been fine without dude.

Then this clown recently jumps on stage with Wiz Khalifa not knowing ANY word to the songs and tries to show love on Twitter... Where were you the past 5 years???

Then this fool gets hurt when Jay Electronica signs to Hov knowing damn well he ain't have plans for Jay E while he was off playing with Ross.

This is only this year!...Dude is a total clown. His personal music is a different story as I'm a fan of some of Dirty Money's songs but when it comes to him trying to "branch out" he is a parasite in every form of the word.

He's a parasite.

Look at how he's treated Rick Ross? Ross would have been JUST FINE without Diddy. I remember his promotional tour up right up to the release of Albert Anastasia. It was incredible. Freestyles and videos weekly. Completely rebounded from the 50 situation BY HIMSELF. Diddy was NO WHERE until right before the mixtape came out. DIDDY WAS EVEN CHILLING WITH 50 CENT AND MAYWEATHER ON THE REGULAR. VIDEO PROVES THIS. Ross would have been fine without dude.

Then this clown recently jumps on stage with Wiz Khalifa not knowing ANY word to the songs and tries to show love on Twitter... Where were you the past 5 years???

Then this fool gets hurt when Jay Electronica signs to Hov knowing damn well he ain't have plans for Jay E while he was off playing with Ross.

This is only this year!...Dude is a total clown. His personal music is a different story as I'm a fan of some of Dirty Money's songs but when it comes to him trying to "branch out" he is a parasite in every form of the word.

I think Suge Knight said it best. Diddy wont let his artists breathe. A N cant just be on Bad Boy and do anything w/o him all over it.

Dude just signs wack artists period, none of the dudes he signed should have been signed in the first place...

I think Suge Knight said it best. Diddy wont let his artists breathe. A N cant just be on Bad Boy and do anything w/o him all over it.

Dude just signs wack artists period, none of the dudes he signed should have been signed in the first place...

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

How many artist are relevant 5 plus years later on any label?

Back
Top Bottom