Why does Dwight Howard have no fluidity in his post game?

maybe he was too good too soon..

typical player that got by on athleticism through high school..

only he continues through the NBA. as he gets older, he'd better develop more moves though..

He lacks touch on all his shots, that is something all the great centers had and I don't think you can learn.

He is lucky there are no real centers left or he might just be Kevin Willis.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

SLAM must've lied when they reported Dwight used to be a PG in high school.
That's true. He was a PG until he had his growth spurt.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

eyes.gif
Stop it.

Originally Posted by Dr 715

Why does Rashard Lewis always look like he's off balance?

Even if he's just standing there, dude looks like he'll just timber over and fall on the hardwood.

laugh.gif
agree

dwight has no post game

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

IT's amazing what he does with no offensive game. He's only 23 can y'all give him some time?

You wanna compare his and Shaq's numbers at 23? Because Shaq is def better. Not to mention at 23. Shaq > Dwight. Dude just dunks. So did shaq, Butshaq could spin move someone, overpower them down, or just fake them in a way where he has a clear lane to the basket. Dwight, well he has a running hook thatlooks doofy. I hate the comparison t Shaq because it's not even close. Dwight is mroe athletic than shaq in terms of hops and speed. But he's defnot quicker and fluid with his feet.

Dwight just doesn't have a natural scoring ability. Fluidity or smoothness to his moves if you will.
I mean, you can already see that at our crappy levels of play. Scoring is something that comes naturally. Obviously, just magnify all of this to their elitelevels.

What I'm saying is.. Dwight will no doubt learn some moves but he'll never be a truly elite offensive player. Not that it'll matter given how muchof a beast he is. He'll learn like 2 moves and no one will be able to stop them anyways.

Take Al Jefferson.. scoring just comes naturally to him.

One problem with D12 is he's stiff. He's not a good "basketball player" he's just a big super athletic guy who plays basketball. Badfootwork, bad fundamentals, low basketball IQ. But he's an athletic freak so that get him by, cause thats all you really need in the NBA these days.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

SLAM must've lied when they reported Dwight used to be a PG in high school.
That's true. He was a PG until he had his growth spurt.

Guess he's still getting used to being a big man
laugh.gif

I just expect a former PG to have a bit more fluidity. Moot point though since he's a beast as is.

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

One problem with D12 is he's stiff. He's not a good "basketball player" he's just a big super athletic guy who plays basketball. Bad footwork, bad fundamentals, low basketball IQ. But he's an athletic freak so that get him by, cause thats all you really need in the NBA these days.
laugh.gif
.how can one be stiff and an athletic freak at the sametime?

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Dude been in the league how long?

Homeboy is a stiff down low
smh.gif

Seems as if he only gets buckets off alley-oops and putbacks.

fluidity isnt taught.

that's just how he moves, based cetainly on his frame and body when he was growing for his entire life.

this is how 6'10" 280 lbs moves.
WRONG

The way you guys talk, Stromile Swift would be in the Hall of Fame by now.

Perkins is a tough match up, he's bigger and stronger than Dwight.

I didn't see anyone saying this trash after the first round...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

eyes.gif
Stop it.
laugh.gif
An exaggeration sure but like I said his performanceagainst the one real center in the NBA makes me wonder.

I'm looking over his head to head averages, he averages 15ppg vs Joel Pryzbilla, 15ppg vs Shaq, 16 ppg vs Al Jefferson, 17 vs Jermain O'neal. 15 ppg vsKendrick Perkins and a horrendous 12 ppg vs Yao.

I'm sure those averages will improve as his career goes along, but I just have a hardtime believing that this guy is going to be one of the best centersever or that he will ever be better than yao.

no, you cant throw him the ball in the post and tell him to go to work...but he's still effective in the paint.

he's still more fluid than bynum and oden by a long shot....bynum looks mechanical and oden is just awful.

yao has the best skill set by far, but is the epitome of stiff....

A lot of stiff bodied people are athletic, but he's a SUPER athlete so it's not as noticeable. That's why his game isn't fluid, it's STIFF.I'd even say Bynum is more fluid, hell look at his jumper compared to Dwight's, he's just not as athletic as D12. Dudes need to actually watch thegame instead of just looking at it.

DH's game hasn't grown into his body.

If you even noticed in the Dunk Contest he moves a lil akward..

Brotha has to learn his body and what it can do other than jump and get rebounds.

He really needs to develop a low post game, he is just relying on his athletic ability.

ORLANDO FANS.....

Hes obviously a talented player, we all see this.[ nobody said he was a bum]

He has just not expanded his game, that young stuff is an excuse..

Plenty of young big guys have a lil 10-12 footer or a jump hook.

YES, some games he'll get 25 pts n 25 rebs, but again thats off athleticism and/or brute force.

Back
Top Bottom