why does everyone hate old jordans?

You know its bad when the kids at school say my citrus VIIs are fake true flights
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Matt53

You know its bad when the kids at school say my citrus VIIs are fake true flights
indifferent.gif

wow that's pretty bad. i hate it when i tell someone there shoes are fake, just by looking at the colorway, because i no it never came out, and they arelike "na man this shoes is exclusive"

Originally Posted by thakickboss

indifferent.gif
wow that's pretty bad. i hate it when i tell someone there shoes are fake, just by looking at the colorway, because i no it never came out, and they are like "na man this shoes is exclusive"
haha yep, this cat who just graduated had some VIIs that with so many damn colors on them I started callin him skittles. And he swore they werespecial edition Jayzzzzz
smh.gif

At work one time a dude came through with the cirrus VIIs on and I say, nice VIIs and he looks at me like "what is this kid talkin bout?" Not sosurprisingly, everytime since then Ive seen him in anything other than retros, like the flip flops and team shoes. Dude didnt know what VIIs were even when hewas wearing them
smh.gif

you know whats sad is these "youngins" are gonna be us in 10 or 15 years and are gonna be sayin "youngins og fusions are theillest!".....how sad is that?

aphexacid wrote:
This is what i keep trying to tell people. Everyone thinks jordan brand has it in for us, and wants to piss us off. Beyond NT, fusions are more popular. Its simple.

They do focus groups and all that crap to see whats popular with your average joe shmoe that walks into a finishline to grab a pair of new shoes.

You can hate on them for liking fusions, its what they like.
Sad but true
frown.gif

Matt53 wrote:
indifferent.gif

I had a friend say this to me a month ago. Said my cardinals were fake and that he had the "real deals". I pointed out to him on his box that theysaid "True Flights" while my said "Retro VII". I then proceeded to tell him if anything, his are fake. Got a little heated, and what madeit worse was that that was his only pair of Jordan's
smh.gif

the new aged "sneakerheads" are all about having whats new to show that they have something new on their feet, OR there all about hype and reallyknow nothing behind the actuall sneakers that are releasing

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

Originally Posted by nba0203

Originally Posted by cobrab19

uh, no! its usually the other way around. but i guess ur pretty young, because it sounds like ur friends are young liking dentros over true blue 3s.
anyways thier tripping!!

im 15 lol
When I read the post I assumed you were in HS or younger. Most youngins dont understand the history behind the brand of Air Jordan. When you have people like Nelly and Jermaine Dupri on 106 & Park or Access Granted promoting 6 Rings and Fusions, the young fans with no prior knowledge of Air Jordans assume thats what Jordans are all about. When I was your age we had,
jordan_ix.gif
jordan_xvii.gif
jordan_ix_2.jpg
jordan_vi_low_1.jpg
jordan_vi_low_2.jpg
jordan_ix.jpg
jordan_ix2.jpg
jordan_vii.jpg
jordan_vii_2.jpg
Just to show a few.
Now compare that to
jordan-dub-zero-white-cement-311046-0111.jpg
jordan-cp3ii-white-university-blue-342944-103a.jpg
353327-111-e4.jpg
air-jordan-true-flight-white-blue-342964-142a.jpg
jordan-60-plus-black-red-01.jpg

No wonder you kids are confsued, lol. I dont blame them though, I blame JB for releasing such garbage. Just educate your friends and let them know that FUSIONS ARE GARBAGE and tell then to do a lil background check on the kicks they wear and they'll see what real "heat" is.

you are the mann. i couldnt word it any differently. im currently 15 and had that mentality since i was at the most 10 years old. thats because i have an olderbro to school me plus my passion for sneaks is just way over board. btw my older bro would be RetroJTino if you have him. anyways, so anybody knows OGs aremuch more valuable than retros. retros are hott stuff too but being they dropped straight retros last year except the xxiii that to me was a cop out. toconclude im a strictly JB SIGNATURE collector. ogs and retros.

Originally Posted by frijo sneaker

Not me.... Slap to those that don't like OG's!

exactly... actually, no- i'll rephrase. you don;t have to LIKE OG's, but you def gotta RESPECT. if it wasn't for the innovations of the earlierjordans, you wouldn't have a lot of the new nike or jordan styles. in fact, i can pretty much guarantee you if it wasn't for those early jordans, NikeSportswear wouldn't have even been a thought. like any form of design- fine arts, architecture, automotive, fashion, etc... in order to progress, you haveto know where the respective field has been and brought to the world.

Those kids just grew up in the era of fusions.

Some people tho, like us realize the what JB is really doing...

my little brother who is in high school has a lot of retros and says people tell him his shoes are ugly all the time... we're talkin XIs IVs VIs VIIsetc... if it wasn't for me being into jordans and getting him into jordans at a young age he'd probably think the fusions and team shoes were hot. buttoo me they're hot garbage....

but i have noticed a lot of young cats these days who don't really know the history of jordans think the retros are ugly and want the newest productsbecause they think those are the ones to get... but to each his/her own...

Originally Posted by thakickboss

indifferent.gif

wow that's pretty bad. i hate it when i tell someone there shoes are fake, just by looking at the colorway, because i no it never came out, and they are like "na man this shoes is exclusive"
LOL...wow some ofthese stories here are so revealing of the time we live in
ohwell.gif

I WAS WEARIN MY FIRE RED FIVES at school and a kid called them gay spizeke's yah he called them spizeke's not spizike's!!! i jus shooked my headand walked away

That's so sad... the image of the beautiful Air Jordan Sig Line is overshadowed by "Frankentstein" shoes nowadays....

Originally Posted by nba0203

whats up nt, today i showed my friend the nubucks and the true blue 3's to tell him they are dope, and he tells me theyre ugly? so he shows me a shoe he thinks is nice and he shows me a fusion? how can you pick a fusion over those two? one day i wore my og xi's to school and to my surprise most of my friends say they are ugly. another day i wear my cp3's and dentros and everyone says they are cool. so im assuming that everyone likes fusions and team jordans over ogs and retros?

Easy: farking young'ns.

why do people use words like "everyone, always, and never" when it's obvious they have no idea what they are talking about?

Back
Top Bottom