Why does jordan ice yellow?

if by ice you mean the clear rubber soles on AJ's? because when the elements get involved, such as light they mess with the rubber, making it yellow. Tryseaglow, I do that regularly....

Oxidation that is a chemical condition created by exposure to oxygen, sunlight, and sometimes water. The soles are become dirty and eventually turn brown fromdirt, etc. and walking around outside. Because it's chemical, it CANNOT BE REVERSED, all things white/clear eventually get a slightly yellow tint. Seaglowwill indeed ruin Jordans, it's really best to just let Jordans naturally be instead of exposing them to all sorts of unnatural chemicals like Windex,Barkeepers Friend, etc.

they turn yellow so you need to buy the retros, or another pair of OG's at a crazy figure....lol

Originally Posted by fenixconnexion

JB makes ice?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by EezyVeezy20

yall sick.. i'll take one pair of icey sole jay's over 5 pairs of yellow'd sole jays!
ill be glad to give you one of my icy pair jays for your five yellowed

oxidation and moisture. best thing you can do is seaglow it (like said) and store it away from humidity. and also stick a few packs of seleca gel in therefor good measure.

^I actually had no idea what homie was talking about.

EDIT: I was thinking he was asking why does mj himself rock yellow ice (ice as in jewelry).

I actually like yellow bottoms, it makes them look like the have gum bottoms which are my second fav bottoms next to clear/ice ones.
But i would take an ice bottom over a yellow bottom, im just saying it dont look that bad.

^^ lol i dono bout yall but i used seaglow on some 5's n it was the difference between nite n day, n ive NEVER had seaglow mess up my j's. as long as ucan read and follow directions u are ok......n there is no escaping oxidation, u can take steps to prevent n maintain but never escape, its a natural thing, itwould be like escaping gravity......but seaglow can be ur parachute......i think that metaphor makes sense lol yall get it........

EDIT- assuming u wear the j's n dont DS em...lol

Originally Posted by chris chicago

doesnt reebok make some shoes with icey soles that dont yellow?

heard that before, and I believe that is true...........had a pair of Rafters (Reebok) with a clear sole that didn't yellow. Wish my Jordan 11's(columbia) didn't yellow, they were my favorite shoe.

Originally Posted by FreshMoney15

^I actually had no idea what homie was talking about.

EDIT: I was thinking he was asking why does mj himself rock yellow ice (ice as in jewelry).

I actually like yellow bottoms, it makes them look like the have gum bottoms which are my second fav bottoms next to clear/ice ones.
But i would take an ice bottom over a yellow bottom, im just saying it dont look that bad.
nerd.gif
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom