Why Does KG Deserve a Ring?

I always see on NT people say that KG deserves a ring? Seriously, yes he is a great talent in the league. He might not have had the most help with theTimberwolves but in my opinion in no way, shape, or form does the Big Ticket deserve a ring. He gets paid millions of dollars, lives a lavish life, does thingsthat most people wish they could do, I also think that he is highest paid player in league history(I think). I don't understand why he does and say PauGasol doesn't, why doesn't Tracy or Vince? Jason Kidd is my second favorite player and I still don't think he deserves a ring either.

Just share your opinions with me.

Looking back at that, I sound kind of mad
laugh.gif

first round bounces? i know its been a while but he did make it to the WCF. deserve? i dunno but he definitely has a good chance with the team he has.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Year after year of first round bounces

ohwell.gif

Dude, has heart
Dude also talks the most trash on the court in the league.

Heart? Kidd, Crawford, Abdur-Rahim, Gil, Caron. Lots of players have heart man.

KG is just emotional.

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

I always see on NT people say that KG deserves a ring? Seriously, yes he is a great talent in the league. He might not have had the most help with the Timberwolves but in my opinion in no way, shape, or form does the Big Ticket deserve a ring. He gets paid millions of dollars, lives a lavish life, does things that most people wish they could do, I also think that he is highest paid player in league history(I think). I don't understand why he does and say Pau Gasol doesn't, why doesn't Tracy or Vince? Jason Kidd is my second favorite player and I still don't think he deserves a ring either.

Just share your opinions with me.

Looking back at that, I sound kind of mad
laugh.gif
Props bro for the post. Prepare for haters and homers alike.

Here is my two cents though.....KG is my all time favorite, however, nobody DESERVES a damn thing...no matter what you earn,you get what you get, anddesrvering can only be translated into ultimately doing what has to be done.

In laymens terms (in my words too)...."KG will get his...Gonna be an all time great, but that won't mean a damn thing to him...unless he gets thatring."

#%%+, if KG was a NTer, he would probably tell you first.

I know you're not talking about Jamal Crawford having heart...and that year he made it to the WCF was the only time he made it out of the 1stround...he's like Iverson to me I'd like to see them both win one before they retire you can't really explain it.

no one deserves anything in the NBA or sports for that matter. Its all competition...you work for what you get.

Nobody deserves a ring. If you're not good enough to win one than that's just the way it was meant to be. But nobody deserves a ring just becausethey've been good for a long time.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I know you're not talking about Jamal Crawford having heart...and that year he made it to the WCF was the only time he made it out of the 1st round...he's like Iverson to me I'd like to see them both win one before they retire you can't really explain it.

He had heart with the Bulls, I haven't watched him since he landed on that JV team. I haven't got to watch him much since I moved to Vegas. IMO hehas heart but just doesn't show it ala KG.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

no one deserves anything in the NBA or sports for that matter. Its all competition...you work for what you get.

Exactly, he deserves it no more than anyone else that's ever stepped foot on the NBA floor. Everyone who has gotten a ring (with the exception to the06 Finals, bums
smh.gif
) deserved it. No one who hasn't gotten a ring, has deserved it. Word to Malone, Stockton, KG, Charles Barkley, any of the greats whonever got one. I hate the fact that you have to have a ring to be remembered in most times, but hey that's the way it is. I pray to God that Nash and Dirkboth get one before they retire, but if it doesn't that's just tough luck, there's been better players then them who haven't gotten ringseither. I'm just glad both got some pub for getting MVP.

He doesn't, no one does.
It's a league based on competetion, not getting things for free

Originally Posted by Proshares

I know you're not talking about Jamal Crawford having heart...and that year he made it to the WCF was the only time he made it out of the 1st round...he's like Iverson to me I'd like to see them both win one before they retire you can't really explain it.
What do u mean by "i know you're not talking about Crawford?" Anyway, i agree with others in here. You dont DESERVE anything. You onlyearn it, i guess his personality around the league is what warrants sympathy to from those on the outside looking in. We'll see what he does come playoffsthough...

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

you also need a little bit of luck

I think this is just me, but I don't think there is such a thing "luck"...luck is thrown around for those who felt they "deserved"something, but for some insane, yet logical circumstance held them back from acheiving. Don't buy it, won't ever.

What do u mean by "i know you're not talking about Crawford?"
I mean exactly what I said that I don't think Crawford has that much heart in his game. And by no means did I say KG deserves a ring he'sjust a player I would like to see win one.

Co-sign

don't fall completely for the feel-good stories if you win the championship either..there are several stories and the media always has to enhance one.

Originally Posted by TMH88

Co-sign
Co-sign (if basketball was an individual sport). But since it's not, I think that this comment isn't accurate. You can't tell me that DarkoMilicic, who has a ring, deserves a ring more than Garnett.

Like NYKnicks said, no one DESERVES a ring. That has to be earned. IMO, if you think someone should "deserve" something, then you would be OK if itwas at the least, handed to them. I would love to see him go out with a ring before its all said and done. There are a lot of guys on NBA rosters who"deserve" more money, but they have to earn it. The ring is the ultimate prize in the NBA. There are a lot of blood, sweat, and tears that go intowinning a championship. He came up short in Minnesota, and he is in his best situation to win one right now in Boston. It's not going to be a cakewalk tothe NBA finals. Don't sleep on the East and think that it's a given that Boston will automatically rep the East in the finals. Anything can happen oncethat 2nd season starts. Nothing is given or promised. The play intensifies 1000%, and the true cream rises to the top.

I agree 100%. You have to earn it. Its the same thing with the MVP. People saying Kobe deserves it cause it's his "time". You work for everthing you get.

Back
Top Bottom